E Brake Light ?????

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
j_villines

E Brake Light ?????

Post by j_villines »

The light by the gas gage the E-Brake light comes on after I start it and stays on. I can't figure out what is going on. What could cause this light to just do this and not shut off. Sometimes it doesn't come on at start but once I start moving it will come on. Any Suggestions on what is causing it? Thanks. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Zoom Zoom!!!!
jojo2k23

Re: E Brake Light ?????

Post by jojo2k23 »

Ck your e-brake sensor.
k2stp

Post by k2stp »

i had the same problem but i knew my front brakes were bad so i went in and had them replaced. the light hasn't come on since then.
I wasn't born to drive I was born to work, but I got laid off;)
Maddbuck

Post by Maddbuck »

The light comes on because it is time to change your brake pads. I would not wait much longer as you will start to do damage to the rotors. <BR>Go get the brakes checked out because that light only comes on for two reasons 1 e-brake is up or 2 brake pads need replacced<BR> :roll:
j_villines

Post by j_villines »

That is funny becuase I had the brake pads supposeably replaced a couple of weeks ago along with the rotors. The brake place I won't mention any names (Midas) told me they replaced them so I geuss they didn't and I will have a litlle chat with them. How can I tell if they are old or not so I have proof. Oh yeah I am going to print this out too. Thanks for the help again guys. :mad:

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”