LIFTERS HeLP!!!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
PHieT850

LIFTERS HeLP!!!

Post by PHieT850 »

sup fellow mx-ers,<BR> i just want to know it anyone had their injectors replaced?? ant idea of what it cost??? if it too muvh ill just from my turbo motor in...but i got no time.... any help is appreciated...Noel :roll:
Dont want something, that doesnt want you back
renef

Re: LIFTERS HeLP!!!

Post by renef »

New FACTORY injectors are very expensive. <P>You need to make sure that the impedence (sp?) matches before sticking any new injectors in there.<P>Most of us use either Miata, RX7 or custom injectors in the turbo-mobiles.<P>they cost about $400 USD per set. I recommend you call RC Engineering and ask them their professional opinion.Their number is usually in one of the magazines like Turbo, SuperStreet, etc.<P><BR>RF
White 1992 MX-3 RS Turbo<BR>"Live Boosted or Die!"
PHieT850

Post by PHieT850 »

sorry, but i meant to say lifters (not injectors) do i have to special order it?? anypne have them replaced?? how much was it?? this ticking noise is pissingme off... all advice is apprediated...NOel :D
jaydog5678

Post by jaydog5678 »

The lifters are about $40 each. If you use a thicker oil, oil treatment, or a can of restore, the ticking will usually stop. I've got the same problem with mine. It's recommended if you replace the lifters, swap the cams out too. I would not replace them unless there broken.
PHieT850

Post by PHieT850 »

thanks man ill try that... hope it works.... Phiet :D

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”