Re Hp Increase for 4 cycl

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Jarod

Re Hp Increase for 4 cycl

Post by Jarod »

I'm looking to spend between $1000-2000 for HP increases. Any suggestions?<P>Jarod<BR>94'MX-3 (4cycl)
I_love_my_MX-3

Re: Re Hp Increase for 4 cycl

Post by I_love_my_MX-3 »

B6T engine
1992 MX-3 handed down to my sis :)
1992 MR-2 Turbo sold and missed :(
1995 Integra GS-R :)

OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

will you be doing the work yourself?
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
renef

Post by renef »

Buy an engine (B6T or BPT)<P>Buy a turbo kit and do it yourself<P>don't buy rims<BR>don't buy intakes<BR>don't buy headers<BR>don't buy exhaust<BR>don't buy chips<P>they are all a waste of time and money.<BR>Turbo is the only reasonable way to go.Upgrade everything else after you secure the turbo. (brakes, suspension, fuel, gauges)<P>Nitrous is also good. But only for a quickie fix. Not a permanent option. Loads of fun.
White 1992 MX-3 RS Turbo<BR>"Live Boosted or Die!"
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

well, some things should go hand in hand. you might want to upgrade your fuel pump depending on what turbo setup you go with. and it's best to get gauges when you install the turbo for safety reasons. but i agree, if you want power, go turbo. don't add anything until you get the turbo installed. if you do..your exhaust will be too small, your headers will be useless, the chip will be useless....
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
Swego

Post by Swego »

Hey Renef, did you finally install your turbo? Any update on your website soon?
renef

Post by renef »

the turbo project is in progress.<P>Had a turbo, had problems. We needed to re-route a few things. I broke some more s---.Got a smaller turbo. The MAF is the biggest pain in the a-- in terms of <P>A. Efficiency - we tried to 'adjust' it<BR>B. Size - takes up too much space.<P>I made it point down and the flap didn't work right. I had to move the coolant resevior. I may have to relocate the battery.<P>I have to update the web site. I haven't been able to access the web page. The ISP made some changes to the servers and messed up my access.We can't get in to update it! Bastards!<P>I also changed from Windows to Linux recently so all of my Dreamveaver stuff is unusable. I need new web tools.I am never using Windows again.<P>The turbo car is basically done. But! I have busted CV joints and leaks here and there. Also, need another brake adjustment and new pads, the O2 sensor went on vacation. So we are afraid of running the car until we get it all fixed up.<P>All this means that I am strapped for cash. I have no money to finish the job. I had to stop and start saving again.<P>Maybe for June or July the car will hit the streets once again.<P>RF
White 1992 MX-3 RS Turbo<BR>"Live Boosted or Die!"

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”