HUB CHANGES??

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
QPDZARO

HUB CHANGES??

Post by QPDZARO »

hello MX-3 Amigos...I have a question that I hope I can get a semi quick response. My best friend is Selling his 92Toyota Celica GT-S. He wants to sell me 5 Enki Suzuka Rims w/ tires for 500 bucks. How difficult would it be to change out the hubs to 5 lug from possibally a 929 or other Mazda? and also cost? My father is very good with mechanical problems, but we have no Idea where to start. I figured that one of you Out there might be able to help me and let me know if it is worth the cost for what I am getting...Also I do plan on doing an engine swap, will this be something that I will ( or should ) do when that takes place? I love fixing new cars up, and you guys here AT MX-3.com are the coolest groop of retro car fenatics that I know. lets Team up and somke some Honda A$$. Also inquiring on tail light covers, and Clear turn and side markers. Just got the car and I know that there isnt to many places that can help with Mazda's that much. Turning to you guys for advice ...<P> Much appreciated <BR> ***Munch***
OsoSlo z28

Re: HUB CHANGES??

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

<A HREF="http://www.corksport.com" TARGET=_blank>corksport</A><P>check out this link. they have a lot of things for the mx. as far as the hub issue goes, can't help ya... [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
QPDZARO

Post by QPDZARO »

Thank you I will check them out and see what they can do for me. hopefully they'll tell me something good!
Da_Wiggy

Post by Da_Wiggy »

A good place to start is by counting the amount of lug nuts required.....there should 5 holes for lug nuts on the celica wheel....to your dissapointment you will only find 4 holes on your mx-3 wheel. So to sum up they will definatly not fit.
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

this he(?) knows. he was inquiring about changing his hubs so that he would have 5 lugs.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics
QPDZARO

Post by QPDZARO »

Thanks Cre8v... Da_Wiggy had no clue about what was going on. I talked to the guys at corksports and they are investigating the transformation of hubs from possibally a 929 or millinia that has 5 lug hubs stock. But they said there is no easy swap involved. It sounds like it would be a lot easier if I just went and bought rims that fit the car in the first place. I know that 5 lugs would be better with the bpt swap alowing more surface contact with the rim allowing more torque <P>*Some butt in to make there presence felt*
back alley

Post by back alley »

"their"
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

i wouldn't worry about the lug pattern too much when it comes to power. Dave Lauzier was pushing over 480 to the wheels and running very low 11's on his stock hubs....<P><A HREF="http://members.attcanada.ca/~dragon64/dave.html" TARGET=_blank>Dave Lauzier</A>
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics
QPDZARO

Post by QPDZARO »

Well if the guy your talking about ... Whats his Name oh yea... MX-3 God ...Can do that on stocks and hasnt snapped or bent them, I guess Ill be alright with my 100 hp for now thanks buddy

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”