what engines are the same

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
lordnikon

what engines are the same

Post by lordnikon »

what engines are the same as the 1.6? the chiltons manuel covers 323...etc but doesn't spicify what engines go with what cars. i couldn't imagine that mazda built an all individual engine for the mx3. this would be a big help for when the dealer doesn't have something i need, i can still get it from another car as long as it's the same specification. thanks.
axess

Re: what engines are the same

Post by axess »

You should search the forum before asking a question like this one, it's only covered in like 1 topic out of 2...<P>Anyways, for better performance you can get the 1.6L B6T or 1.8L BPT wich are out of 323 are direct bolt-ons (as far as the engine goes, other parts need to be changed to meet performance of those engines) Search this board for B6T or BPT and you'll find alot of info.<P>As far as same performanche engines, I have no clue..
Stephane '96 Blaze Red RS
renef

Post by renef »

I sent you an email this morning.<P>Also, go here:<BR> <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/solomiata/MX5Engine.html" TARGET=_blank>http://members.aol.com/solomiata/MX5Engine.html</A> <P><BR>This should keep you entertained for a bit...<P>RF<p>[ February 28, 2002: Message edited by: renef ]
White 1992 MX-3 RS Turbo<BR>"Live Boosted or Die!"
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

the earlier miatas had the same 1.6. some items aren't interchangeable..intake manifold, exhaust manifold, etc...<P>the page renef sent you is probably the most in depth write up you will find on this subject<p>[ February 28, 2002: Message edited by: cre8v mx3 ]
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”