rattle sounds by driverside under you feet

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
dugasp28

rattle sounds by driverside under you feet

Post by dugasp28 »

I have a rattle noise underneath my feet and driver seat. It only occurs while I am accelerating. When i take my foot off the gas it stops. Also at high speed it doesn't rattle as much compare to lower speed. It starts to rattle around 50Km/h. And at high speed and I hit a soft bump where the car bounce slowly then i hear it as well during the downward force. I have a clue to what might be but I want to check with everyone first. Also if it can be fix, how much will it cost (parts, and hopefully cheap labour)?<P>Thank you
Maddbuck

Re: rattle sounds by driverside under you feet

Post by Maddbuck »

How about giving us the clue, maybe someone could help out or agree with you that's what it is.<P>there are a number of things that could cause a rattle, loose panels, loose bolts, broken clips...etc. :roll:
dugasp28

Post by dugasp28 »

Well I think it could be the engine mount or the transmission mount. I tested my theory by putting the gas on in a stationary position and I don't hear the rattle but if I am moving then I am hearing the rattle starting at 50km/h only while i have my foot on the gas. As soon as I release the gas the rattle stops. I don't think it the front engine mount but it could be the rear engine mount or the transmission mount. Any suggestions ? Did anyone encounter this type of problem?
Karl

Post by Karl »

you can try and see if your front sway bar conectors are bad because i had a rattle under my feet and that's what it was, and i bought a new one for $35 can. and i put it on myself, it only took about 15 min. to get it off and about 5 min. to put it on. :cool:

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”