MX-3's @ the Drive-In Movie Theatre...

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Shades

MX-3's @ the Drive-In Movie Theatre...

Post by Shades »

I was just at the local drive-in movie theatre this weekend and I saw 3 MX-3's there... was quite amazing to see that many at one place. Obviously mine was the better out of all of 'em there. :D I hope the Hillcrest drive-in doesn't close down... it's the last one in Vancouver.
JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"
nicolasbeique

Re: MX-3's @ the Drive-In Movie Theatre...

Post by nicolasbeique »

Not much space in an mx-3 to do anything (especially in the back seat)...<P>Unless you actually want there to watch the movie. :D
<A HREF="http://www.spheregraphics.com/" TARGET=_blank>Image</A>
Shades

Post by Shades »

True... but if you don't have any subs in the back you can fold the back seat down... and you know.

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

Paragon

Post by Paragon »

old post, i know...but i've done some crazy stuff in the backseat of my MX...it all depends on how determined you are...and no, i'm not giving details (oh, and thank the lord for yoga)
FroSTeD

Post by FroSTeD »

Well, to watch a movie you can still park your car in reverse, get fronts seats a bit down and then get your backseat down to lean it on the front seats. So it does a cool seat :)<P>Of course you'll need alot of pillows and your hatch has to be open.<P>ps. You and your gf has to be slim, if not you might not be able to do this :D
vuduben

Post by vuduben »

man if you're not watching the movie then forget the back seat, it's all about those front seats, they lean all the way back, slide the passenger side all the way back and drop the back rest and it's as good as a single bed... as a matter of fact i've acctually slept there once on a road trip when it was late and we couldn't find a place with vacancy. anyways happy movie going boys and girls ;)
SmokyMcGee

Post by SmokyMcGee »

I wish we had a drive in movie theatre here
eD
92 KL-ZE V6 FX-Designs kit
Sparkle Blue
http://smokymcgee.5u.com/index.html
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

hehehe!<BR>why even these, i like it da other way, just take the sitting section of the back seat out with two lil latches in its front and lean down the back rest of it ( your trunk has to be clean by da way) and have some blanketsin the back so you can put it on the ground and sleep over it!<BR>and you'll have enough space for the best drive-in experience ever!!!! :D :D <P>soo have fun boys and gals! :D (gurls, guys will love your car for this feature)

Post by Guest »

Yeah, I've been a pretty bad boy in my back seats, the girl was surprised the next time she saw my car and couldnt believe we did what we did in the back.
voltaire

Post by voltaire »

Damn, I've got (supposedly) the "Worlds Largest Drive-in Theater" (13 screens) right down the street and I've only went once like 10 years ago....<P>I've never tried that sitting in the hatch thing. The whole resting the back seat up against the reclined front seats sounds like a good idea. But what about the flimsy cover that goes over the spare tire? Doesn't that get all messed up? I guess you could cut a piece of plywood for whenever you plan on sitting back there...
FroSTeD

Post by FroSTeD »

I guess that with all the pillows the weight is more well distributed than if you only sit straight on the floor.<P>I haven't got any problem with the thin piece of wood :)<P>I personally weight 145lbs and my GF around 120-125.<P>Just give it a try someday, you might don't like it but all you need is pillows and (cloths?)<P>Not sure about babelfish translation for "Draps" :)
DJGypsy

Post by DJGypsy »

heh heh...where there's a will, there's a way...i'm 6'2" w/o shoes and my girl is about 5'8"...slide the front seats all the way back, lean them all the way back, and have her get on top of you while ur in the driver's seat...like i said, where there's a will, there's a way...i never thought it would be possible to do that in my car...on the beach no less @ midnight w/ the sunroof and windows wide open :D<p>[ October 13, 2002: Message edited by: DJGypsy ]
-Dan
(SOLD) '94 RS, rebuilt B6 DOHC engine & cyl head, ACT clutch, e-bay CAI, 2 1/4" exhaust, wide open resonator w/ stock muffler, H&R springs, Tokico HPs, front strut tower brace, KVR drilled rotors w/ carbon fiber pads, Falken tires, Impostor lightweight wheels, Kenwood & MTX sound.

straights are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers.
Shades

Post by Shades »

Not too loud you'll wake the seagulls... you know when you wake 'em they will be aiming for your open sunroof!<P> :p

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”