ELECTRICAL NIGHTMARE

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Ascension

ELECTRICAL NIGHTMARE

Post by Ascension »

Hi everyone,<P>I'd like to start off by saying this site is really great and ressourceful!<P>Ok here is my problem(s)<P>Longterm problem: Seems like my car's alternator is hard to turn at times, when car is iddling the iddle is ruff and everything electrical fades a little and stablizes.<P>recentnew problem (might be related dunno):<P>Comming down from ottawa to my parents house (weather is storm and roads are wet and salty) my battery light start flickering and so is my radio and my temp gauge is goin up and down. also lights fade from time to time. so i get to my parents house to finally check it out. turn my car back on both my headlights blow up and only my standard lights work, but i cant turn the lights off or i hear this constant TICKATICK where the glove compartement is. but the car for now seems to now have stablelized batteries is off, temp gauge normal etc.. but the TICKATICK issue is still there and my high beams still burnt (of course)<P>my question is could this be salt in an alternator? or alternator is faulting (been really drawing power when iddling ever since i bought it) or bad ground... a relay? (i think the light relay is messed up but only because of a bigger prob.)<P>or might i say the ECM? car runs good though. has not shut off at all..<P>PLEASE HELP. also i have an alarm system and a auto starter!! :)<P>thanks any help would be GREAT!!<P>ASC
Swego

Re: ELECTRICAL NIGHTMARE

Post by Swego »

I also have a TICKATICK on the right side where the glove compartment is. I think it's something stuck in the air ducts. If I turn off the fan the noise stops.
Sonicxtacy02

Re: ELECTRICAL NIGHTMARE

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

i dunno about the alt. thing, but the glovebox issue has happened before. I had a burning smell associated with it... Whatever it is thats blocking the fan will more than likely move itself in a short while. If not you can get to it if you remove the glovebox, which is pretty straight forward
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”