BAD NEWS!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
babygirl23

BAD NEWS!

Post by babygirl23 »

Last night my alternator went in the middle of a snowstorm, i had to get a jump. So today I called around for prices i didn't realize how expensive it was just for the alternator. Does anyone know if this is an easy job to do? cause most places are charging about three hundred to do the whole job US dollars. Any info would be a great help. ASAP. because i have to order the part tom. since i couldn't find one place with it in stock.......... :(
axess

Re: BAD NEWS!

Post by axess »

My alt gave me fluctuating voltage, so i went to an alternator shop, it cost me 115$ (70$US) to rebuild it and one of the guys charged me 60$ (37$US) to take it out. I think i got a really good deal, because it took the guy 3 hours to get the alt out. It wouldn't have been so long if he knew excatly what to do, but the problem is the alt is always a little to big to pass in the openings. He ended up having to take out the front passenger axel to be able to get it out.<P>So the point is, I think it might be a tough job to do it yourself, and the alt from mazda are pricy, maybe you can try an alternator shop and get it rebuilt.
Stephane '96 Blaze Red RS
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

did the rebuilt one come with a lifetime warranty? you may pay about 150-200 for a remanufactured one but it will come with a lifetime warranty. do you have an auto zone or a discount auto up there? those were the places i looked...i'd go to auto zone if you have one. i'd check it out cause that warranty will come in handy.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
axess

Post by axess »

Maybe the guys was an idiot, but he sure the hell did what I probably couldn't have done with my little mastercraft tools. Anyways, maybe there is a difference between the SOHC and DOHC.
Stephane '96 Blaze Red RS

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”