am i the only 96???

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
sxybrunette

am i the only 96???

Post by sxybrunette »

I have noticed that most people who post here own 92-94 mx-3's so i am wondering if all the advice here is null and void since my MX is a 96??? Also I have had a hard time finding anything for it. All performance places said that unless these cars came from over seas 95 was pretty much their last year here...so....any advice on finding something..lol anything for my 96?? Also..how difficult are engine modifications going to be on my 96? anyone know??? thanx!
David Witherow

Re: am i the only 96???

Post by David Witherow »

your car is exactly same as everyone else's on this site....the mx is identical accept for a few cosmetic things.....so anything anyone on this site does you can do as well
axess

Post by axess »

You're not alone!!!!<BR>I have a '96 and it's true it is hard to find parts. Your car is probably from Canada because here they made them till 96 or 97. They are all the same that I know of for the RS except that in 94 they changed the engine from a SOHC to a DOHC. For parts I think you can get the same as a 95 since it's the same engine and all, but don't take my word on it.
Stephane '96 Blaze Red RS
Brainless

Post by Brainless »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by axess:<BR><STRONG>You're not alone!!!!<BR>I have a '96 and it's true it is hard to find parts. Your car is probably from Canada because here they made them till 96 or 97. They are all the same that I know of for the RS except that in 94 they changed the engine from a SOHC to a DOHC. For parts I think you can get the same as a 95 since it's the same engine and all, but don't take my word on it.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>hey axess, you're from Gatineau, I'm also from the new city of Gatineau. What have you done to your car. Maybe we could meet. I know a Guy from Hull who has kl-ze in his mx-3.
Jonathan Michaud
93 Red RS
sxybrunette

Post by sxybrunette »

thx for the replies :)~~ Yes I am originally from Canada and I got the car there last year. I'm guessing I might have to order some things from there if I want to succeed in getting what I want. I'll look into parts for the 95 ..thanx again!
zx6r

Post by zx6r »

you're not alooooone<P>i got a '96 RS<P>As long as engine parts are from 94 up (DOHC) you're good..<P>-Tawheed
-=All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wonder are lost=-
Drej

Post by Drej »

Lordco - my local parts store doesn't list some parts for the '96 but so far everytime I use a '95 part it works just fine :-)<BR>I've done a cylinder head rebuild (minus the cams), timing belt, both accessory belts, and a I put in a new clutch. It all worked out.
axess

Post by axess »

Hey brainless, I noticed before that your from Aylmer, you're probably french too... Anyways you might be disapointed, my car is still stock. I have too many things to pay, so no money left over for the car. How about you ? <P>We could meet up some time no problem. Drop me an email an we will see from there.<P>Take care!
Stephane '96 Blaze Red RS
Brainless

Post by Brainless »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by axess:<BR><STRONG>Hey brainless, I noticed before that your from Aylmer, you're probably french too... Anyways you might be disapointed, my car is still stock. I have too many things to pay, so no money left over for the car. How about you ? <P>We could meet up some time no problem. Drop me an email an we will see from there.<P>Take care!</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yes I'm french and my car is motly stock too, exept for the exhaust I'm getting in 3 days.
Jonathan Michaud
93 Red RS

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”