free flow muffler

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
tha8thsin

free flow muffler

Post by tha8thsin »

how does the 2.25" exahust w/ free flow muffler sound?!?!
93mxrgs

Re: free flow muffler

Post by 93mxrgs »

like a POS for a 4cyl, cause ur not gonna go anywhere, go with 1.75 id say, cause you wont have ANY back pressure, which means no torque.and get an apex'i muffler those are bad
Black-93 mx-3 Gs-R<BR>with goodies :) :)<BR>Hondas suck, and yes i race them...<BR>oops i mean no no i dont
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

what are you talking about i have 2.5 inch cat back with mbrp muffler and my car goes faster than it did with stock diameter and sounds beyond evil!!!!!!!!
Brainless

Post by Brainless »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by caveman:<BR><STRONG>what are you talking about i have 2.5 inch cat back with mbrp muffler and my car goes faster than it did with stock diameter and sounds beyond evil!!!!!!!!</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hey! where did you get you cat back? I'm looking for something to replace my broken exhaust.
Jonathan Michaud
93 Red RS
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

i had it custom made for me at a muffler shop. just goto any muffler shop and ask if they have a pipe bender and if it does mandrel bending. and get them to bend it up from the cat back. mine only cost me 150 for labour and parts. then the muffler on top of that
tha8thsin

Post by tha8thsin »

when u got it done was ur car completly stock?!?! also how much total was it to get all the parts and labor.
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

not trying to start a flame war here, but there are some things that should be noted. you will see and increase in hp, but you WILL lose some tq. your mid to high hp will increase. but until you reach around 4k you will actually be a little slower. i've noticed this on quite a few cars. 2" cat-back is what seems to be recommended for a n/a 4cyl to optimize your tq and hp.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cre8v mx3:<BR><STRONG>not trying to start a flame war here, but there are some things that should be noted. you will see and increase in hp, but you WILL lose some tq. your mid to high hp will increase. but until you reach around 4k you will actually be a little slower. i've noticed this on quite a few cars. 2" cat-back is what seems to be recommended for a n/a 4cyl to optimize your tq and hp.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>This is correct. Especially on the 4 cylinder motors, a 2.5" cat-back WILL KILL your power. If you honestly believe that you gained power, go dyno your car, because i think you got ripped off. The other thing is that because you lose so much power down low, that when you do hit the high rpm, and do get a bit of a gain, the difference is so great that it makes the car feel faster.<P>Looks like its your wallet and ears telling you the car is faster.<BR> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by keymaker:<BR><STRONG>Can I cut several big holes in the manifold and say f--- the muffler and all?<P>What would that result in?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Go for it and tell us how it sounds [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”