Timing Belt Still Pissing With Me _ I gonna HURT THE CAR

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Rich MX3

Re: Timing Belt Still Pissing With Me _ I gonna HURT THE CAR

Post by Rich MX3 »

If it makes a squealing noise, it could possibly be the alternator belt. Best way to find out, take some WD-40 and spray a little on the belt, start up car and see if it still squeals. If the sounds get lower or stops, it's definitely the alternator belt. G'luck.
Richard Y.<BR>'94 Black GS<BR>Stock V6, minor mods
roly_39

Re: Timing Belt Still Pissing With Me _ I gonna HURT THE CAR

Post by roly_39 »

I know how you feel. I've been breaking alternator belts for months and been dealing with the same squealing as you. Guess what? After changing both belts, the alternator, and having it checked over by a few mechanics, i found the problem. It was my water pump. The water pump was done, making the water pump pulley wobble and making noise at the same time. The wobbling of the pulley would eventually eat my belts till they broke. At the same time I changed my timing belt, seals, and valve cover gasket since it's all apart. That was one week ago, and the car is running great!! Which is a good thing, because i too was thinking of driving my car into a wall and buying another one. I TOLD them the noise wasn't in my head....(sigh of relief)
White '95 RS<BR>Kicker-equipped

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”