The best of the best...read please

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
tha8thsin

The best of the best...read please

Post by tha8thsin »

Ok in about 30 days ill have enouph money to get me the b6t turbo engine as well as some other parts and now christmas is coming around the corner and i need help from all you other mxers out there. When i install the engine i want to get everything for it right away so I need to know whats the best aftermarket turbo that i should go with, best intake for the engine, best exauhst, best of everything for my mx... so if you guys and gals can help it will be greatly appriciated because i need tyo hurry and tell santa what i want. -=haha=-
pakix2000

Re: The best of the best...read please

Post by pakix2000 »

Well, first what are your goals for the engine. This will dictate a lot of the parts you may need /need to replace. <P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by B to tha R:<BR><STRONG>Ok in about 30 days ill have enouph money to get me the b6t turbo engine as well as some other parts and now christmas is coming around the corner and i need help from all you other mxers out there. When i install the engine i want to get everything for it right away so I need to know whats the best aftermarket turbo that i should go with, best intake for the engine, best exauhst, best of everything for my mx... so if you guys and gals can help it will be greatly appriciated because i need tyo hurry and tell santa what i want. -=haha=-</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

i agree with pakix. you need to have a "realistic" goal set for what you want. also, how much money will you have after the motor and install? do you already have the i/c? ecu?
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
tha8thsin

Post by tha8thsin »

after engine and install ill have around 6 or 7g's. My goal...try and get as close to 300 hp as possible.
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

7 GRAND??? why not just get the gt-r motor and start off with something more?? well...to each his own. well...you can get cams, cam gears, t3/t4 hybrid turbo, bigger intercooler, bigger injectors, bigger fuel pump, better tranny, better clutch, lightened flywheel, ems, forged pistons, better rods, lighter valves, stronger valve springs, metal head gasket.....as you can see, the list goes on and on. do you want to build around your turbo, or do you want to build around your engine? that right there is two different routes to go.<p>[ November 17, 2001: Message edited by: cre8v mx3 ]
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics
pakix2000

Post by pakix2000 »

I'll assume you want 300 HP at the wheels. First thing I want to mention is that the tranny is very weak, no drag launches. <P>I believe that the bpt would be a better choice but it can be done with the b6-t also.<P>You will need a bigger turbo a combination of a<BR>t3/t4. A larger turbo is a must!<BR>You can get a new exhaust manifold from larsenmotorsports.com (sp).<P>You will need larger injectors around 400cc, maybe 440.<P>I would "clean-up" the head. Have some head porting and polishing, debbur the head, you want everything to be smooth.<P>The bottom end is very strong, you may want to freshen up the bottom end, new bearings and seals, but that can get expensive.<P>I would use the E-spec intake manifold, or a miata intake manifold (would require custom work).<P>You will also need a new fuel pump.<P>A large intercooler, skyline intercooler would be good.<P>A GOOD engine management system. Motec, Autotroic, SpeedPro.<P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by B to tha R:<BR><STRONG>after engine and install ill have around 6 or 7g's. My goal...try and get as close to 300 hp as possible.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
texmx3

Post by texmx3 »

hey give me a line on email so we can talk shop i will then take you to see a little monster mx-3. that is in your back yard. texmx3@hotmail.com we can do this on friday possible
tha8thsin

Post by tha8thsin »

I emailed corksports about getting the bpt a while ago and they emailed me back and said they couldnt get it anymore...thats why im going with the b6t right now.
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

they can still get the bpt, just not the gtr version. they can still get the gtx(180hp)
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics
bayoumx-3

Post by bayoumx-3 »

here's a question for those of you who are buying the B6T's and buying a different turbo for it. wouldn't it be cheeper to just buy the B6 engine and turning it into a turbo. Just curious.
Live hard, drive fast, back down to no one.
maldo

Post by maldo »

All 4cyl. MX-3 are B6 series motors to start with. Of course the sohc is a good reason to swap to the B6T. The standard B6-ZE and its variants have a higer CR than the B6T which isn't that good for boosted applications although it can handle minimal boost. The pistons and rods on the B6T are much stronger. The intake manifold has nice long runners which are perfect for boosting. The B6T already comes with all the parts necessary to start from and the standard B6 needs to be heavily modified to change it over.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”