What will make my car faster?!?!?!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Froggie2003

What will make my car faster?!?!?!

Post by Froggie2003 »

I have a stock 95 4cyl mx-3. I am really wanting to make it fast enough to race... but first just fast enough to beat hondas and acuras... what parts make it the fastest? It looks nice and the stero system rocks... now I need speed and horse power. So if anyone knows of parts, the costs ect... that would be nice... thank you!!! :p
OsoSlo z28

Re: What will make my car faster?!?!?!

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

power=money. how much power do you want?<P>basic mods are i/h/e.<BR>do you want forced induction or do you want to stay N/A?<BR>do you want nitrous?<P>it's all a question about how much you are willing to spend
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

<p>[ October 19, 2001: Message edited by: cre8v mx3 ]
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
Froggie2003

Post by Froggie2003 »

Well I want to do part by part. I don't care about he cost. But I only want to do one part at a time. Also... I live in Oregon, so I don't know what some things you guys say... here we use mph and miles... when you guys don't. So I am not sure of somethings you say. But hey... you can try. I don't know if you call it this... but can you put the "VTEC" chip in my car? it adds like 45 horse power and you accelerate faster.
Froggie2003

Post by Froggie2003 »

also I don't want to use nos or anything... just engine parts. like intake, torbo ect...
Froggie2003

Post by Froggie2003 »

sorry I ment to say TURBO
Ryencool

Post by Ryencool »

LOL, a vtec chip...Im not going to diss you or make fun of you like some people on here will do, however you need to leanr som inofrtmation on cars before you get on here. VTEC is not a chip, it is somthing called variable valve timing that honda uses in their engines. Its not somthing that can be applied to the mx3. As far as what you can do to maek your mx faster, theres not much with a 4cyl. I have one so ibe looked. You could turbo it but it would be a custom job and the stock engine can only hold up to 6psi I believe, which wouldtn give to big of gains..you could also swap engines to a b6t or bpt, but these ar bothe expensive and from what people have said are not a direct bolt on so...anyways just saw your post and thought id reply..<P>Ryan
92 red rs
performance exhaust
zx2 struts and Eibach springs
turboed + stand alone when the cash is there
93mxrgs

Post by 93mxrgs »

heh heh drive it off a cliff get the insurence money and get a GS!!!!, or do what perry did and NOS it, but ur never gonna race a normally aspirated 4cyl SORRY
Black-93 mx-3 Gs-R<BR>with goodies :) :)<BR>Hondas suck, and yes i race them...<BR>oops i mean no no i dont
Smokin mx-3

Post by Smokin mx-3 »

hey! I would do an engine swap to a BPT or the b6T will do <BR>that would be a starting point
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

Just strap a JATO to it....hahahahahaha....(Darwin Awards reference)
renef

Post by renef »

I say, all of the above. But think about this:<P>You will pay about $1,000 for every second you want to take off your 1/4 mile time.<P>Think about it. Get a turbo.<P>RF
White 1992 MX-3 RS Turbo<BR>"Live Boosted or Die!"
-=deathtrap-mx3=-

Post by -=deathtrap-mx3=- »

well a guy in town has a little civic hatch. the only major mod he's done is swapping in a 1.8L Vtec. supposedly it's a lot lighter than the normal ones too. this guys basiclly stripping his car of everything. he's taken out every un-needed piece inside and is swapping everything mechanically and on the exterior for something lighter. ie. carbon fiber hood.<BR>he's also running exhaust out form his cat.<P>his car beat a 4.6L Mustang GT infront of my own eyes. this thing is fast.
Looking for a 94+GS for KL-ZE fun :)
02 Protege DX Retired
93 MX-3 RS Gone But Not Forgotten
Shady469
Supporting Member

Post by Shady469 »

and? (I know moderators, this should be in the racing forum but...) i went to a car show here in va. sunday and there was a street legal CRX with a GSR swap and goodies that ran 10's. Light a-- cars......
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”