Looking to purchase '94 4 cyl

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
zx6r

Looking to purchase '94 4 cyl

Post by zx6r »

Heya everyone!<P>I've found a '94 Base MX-3 that i'm going to look at, it has approx 114K kms on it..<P>I'm just wondering if there are common problems or things i should be looking for as I go to purchase..<P>please let me know!! all help will be highly appreciated!!
-=All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wonder are lost=-
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Looking to purchase '94 4 cyl

Post by Custommx3 »

check when the timing belt was changed. You should change it @ 60K miles it shoudl ahve been done @ 112K as well. @ 114K its hsould have been done 2x. <P>Also check the boots on the joints, look for tears, if there are, your CV joints could go out soon. see if they have been replaced as well.
simo711

Post by simo711 »

I've got the 94 base model 4 cyl. Just do what he said, check to see when the timing belt was replaced. Also, check all the fluids and make sure they are all normal color. Then, check the brakes...very important on the MX. Everything else falls into place...especially if the seller has the past papers for the stuff done to the car. It all helps. Later, and good luck, CHris
zx6r

Post by zx6r »

Alright!<P>Thanks for the input.. <P>this car has 114K kms on it.. so thats about 71K miles.. in this case the timing belt should've been replaced just once right??<P>Thanks,<P>Tawheed
-=All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wonder are lost=-

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”