Silicone smell thru air vents???

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Raivynn

Silicone smell thru air vents???

Post by Raivynn »

What would cause this{silicone smell thru air vent}? I noticed it after a coolant (minor) leak showed up after an oil change was performed on the vehicle. <BR>Do I need to not run my fan into the vehicle because of toxic fumes or something? I'm going to take it in for a professional look-over (heh.) no matter what, just because I have no clue what's going on. <P>Any help would be...very...helpful.<P>Another thing I noticed, the ticking in the engine is due to a spark plug/spark plug wire...it ticks during operation, and when you press down on it, you can feel it move, but it stops ticking. Ideas? This little engine is still runnin' strong, despite these glitches, but do I need to cut back on driving time?<P>Let me know. If you need to contact me instead of using the BB, I have ICQ(42065609), AIM(xRaivynnx), and MSN Messenger (raivynn@hotmail.com).<P>Raivynn<P>------------------<BR>Zoom Zoom Zoom
Raivynn

Re: Silicone smell thru air vents???

Post by Raivynn »

Update.<P>Well, the smell is gone. Don't get it -- what happened? Could it be a bacterium/fungi in my compressor chamber or something? <P>Just looking for some answers.<P>------------------<BR>-- Zoom Zoom Zoom -- The spirit of the sports car.
Joemama

Re: Silicone smell thru air vents???

Post by Joemama »

did you find the coolant in with your oil? That may be a headgasket. <P> Joe,<BR> 93, red, 94,000

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”