my mx3 idles hard

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
heatherc

my mx3 idles hard

Post by heatherc »

I have had my mx3 for almost 10 years and i've replaced nothing major...brakes,tires, usual maintainence. In the past month it has started to idle very hard, but only when I am stopped at a light or stop sign. The tach kinda bobs up and down, and I notice the engine acting as if it's going to stall out, and then she comes back again. I started putting high grade gas in, and it's helped somewhat, but it hasn't stopped it. Could this be and electrical thing? Or finally I might have to replace something? Image (like to know my s--- before i walk in to a shop and get taken because i'm a girl) thanx hgcmx3
-----------------------------------<BR>_/*\_ ¸.·¤**¤·.,¸,.·¤**¤·.<BR>\ M׳/¸.·¤**¤ müÇh LØVê †Ø M¥ m×鮊<BR>/.·*·.\¸.·¤**¤·.,¸,.·¤**¤<BR>-----------------------------------
googie

Re: my mx3 idles hard

Post by googie »

For all you hard idlers i think this should be the solution as it was for me.....<P>remove the Idle Speed Control Valve(ISC)or the BAC valve as refered to in the online manual.....Section F1-Fuel and Emission control system....Page....F1-107/8 and follow the test procedure.<P>I'm 95% sure that replacing this part will get rid of your problem.
Thestef

Post by Thestef »

Thanks for the info, <BR>my car as the same problem, but mine also stalls out at times.<P>It gets realy frustrating at times, especialy when im stuck in trafic.<P>I just wanted to know if you changed the part yourself? and how much the part was?<BR>And if not, were did you have it changed and how much did it cost you.<P>Im also wondering, if the 1.6L SOHC and the 1.6L DOHC would have the same ISC.<P>I have the 1.6L SOHC<P>Thanks
Thestef

Post by Thestef »

I have one more question?<P>what would be the part # for replacing the BAC valve.<P>Thanks!
Thestef

Post by Thestef »

Me again Image)<P>I called a dealership, "keep in mind that im in Canada" and the guy told me that the part would probably be the air controle sensor wich is about 180$, but then he says that there is also the hole BAC valve wich is about 600$<P>Now, im a bit confused, do I need to change the sensor or the hole BAC valve itself?<P>Im guessing its only the sensor needs to be changed, since the manual indicates to test the votage on the sensor.<P>If it is only the sensor that I need to change, could I change the part myself, with some basic tools ??<P>Im not a mechanic, but im usualy good at fixing some basic stuff... brakes, oil change, .. ya know! the basics!<BR>or should I just bring it in at the dealer ship and ask them to test the sensor and change it?<P>Let me know<BR>Thanks!<P><BR>
heatherc

Post by heatherc »

i'm taking my mx to the dealer next thur. so when they tell me which it is(sensor or valve) i'll let ya know.......because personally i don't want to wait until my car starts stalling....hopefully it'll be the cheaper of the two?<P>hgcmx3
-----------------------------------<BR>_/*\_ ¸.·¤**¤·.,¸,.·¤**¤·.<BR>\ M׳/¸.·¤**¤ müÇh LØVê †Ø M¥ m×鮊<BR>/.·*·.\¸.·¤**¤·.,¸,.·¤**¤<BR>-----------------------------------
renef

Post by renef »

Better to have a mechanic do it.<P>Just try to take out the throttle body... Just to check it???<P>Nah, go and get it done. The gasket is $13 and the repair should be around $200<P>let the pros handle this one. That's where I'm going after I hang up the phone.<P>RF
White 1992 MX-3 RS Turbo<BR>"Live Boosted or Die!"

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”