Performance help

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Big_Ed

Performance help

Post by Big_Ed »

What's up everybody, i just bought a used 94 rs w/64,000 and i am new into the racing/performance scene and you guys all seem to know what you are talking about, i would like some advice on what sort of performance mods to apply to my mx. any advice would be greatly appreciated. if anybody wants to email me reguarding this topic or just to even just shoot the s---, hit me up at sokokis_94@hotmail.com . i am very excited about my new mx and would definitely like to get into the scene, leave me a line<P>Peace<P>Big_Ed<BR>*Newcomer
xeffex

Re: Performance help

Post by xeffex »

welcome Ed!! glad to have ya! you can join the rest of us in being frustrated with the lack of MX-3's and therefore (performance) parts made for it. I love my car but it is really hard to find stuff for it. <P>Start looking at corksport.com They are about the largest supplier for the MX-3 I think there is. A good place to start is intake (PRM is supposed to be really nice, sold by Corksport). From there exhaust, Pacesetter (crap, they're like the K-Mart of performance products : ) and Mazdaspeed (great quality, if you can afford it) are the only two that make a cat-back system, that I know of. So your best bet is to get a universal muffler and put on a larger exhaust pipe (my personal route). That is a good start. If you have any questions or just wanna talk, hit up the post, i'll check back.<P>Hope this helps and good luck to ya.<P>Jordan
Jordan<BR>1994 White RS
Big_Ed

Post by Big_Ed »

Sup, is an intake something i can do myself pretty easily or is it something that has to be done in a shop, and would just getting a new pipe give me benefits or getting a whole cat-back be better?<P>Peace<BR>Big_Ed<BR>94 Blaze Red RS
xeffex

Post by xeffex »

You can do the intake yourself. I would suggest having a friend supervise that has done it before, thats what I do. Otherwise I'm sure I would have blown up my car by now! : ) The cat-back is definately a better hp increase (each system is made for that car specifically), but you will have to pay for it! The Pacesetter system is about $300 (you get about $30 worth of product) and the Mazdaspeed is around $500+. I payed a little less than $300 for both my 2.5 inch pipe (from stock 2.0 inch) and the Hayame muffler. That is too much more pay for only a few more horsepower. I would definately suggest going universal and using the extra $200 on buying an intake!<P>Jordan
Jordan<BR>1994 White RS
jojo2k23

Post by jojo2k23 »

weapon R is a good intake,at least thats what i heard.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”