B6T question on power????

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
fieval79
Supporting Member

B6T question on power????

Post by fieval79 »

I know the stock B6T has about 130hp. My question is, how capable is that engine of more horses? With bolt-on's and turning up the boost? Trying to decide between the B6T and the BP.<P>John Van Camp
93mx3

Re: B6T question on power????

Post by 93mx3 »

You can get 200 hp out of the b6t by adding an intake,exhaust and turning the boost up. B6t is also an easier fit.<BR>Jim<BR>93 Clear White rs
renef

Post by renef »

Yes, I agree. I'll be happy hitting 200hp at the wheels. Don't need anything else until I can afford the RX-7.<P>Madza is notorious for restricting their engine exhausts.<P>Ever look at the 1.6 sohc header?<P>...if you need more than 12psi of boost, go buy an RX7.<P>RF
White 1992 MX-3 RS Turbo<BR>"Live Boosted or Die!"
pakix2000

Post by pakix2000 »

b6t's take about 15-16psi on stock turbo<BR>the engine itself with take 23psi of boost.<BR>keep in mind that you will have to upgrade you intercooler.
maldo

Post by maldo »

Intake, exhaust and cranking the boost equals a nice pinging sound followed by a pop. You need to upgrade the ecu, fuel pump and definitely the clutch. Even then you will only get about 170hp to the wheels. The VJ-11 falls short any higher than 15psi. Once you have the basics done, you need to upgrade the turbo and exhaust manifold, injectors and get a stand alone emu. There is a couple gtxers with over 300hp to the wheels running mid 12s. I will be there someday Image

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”