dohc intake manifold butterflies

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
boostedmx

dohc intake manifold butterflies

Post by boostedmx »

I was thinking about removing my intake manifold to replace it with the short runner style. when taking it apart i found a vaccuum controlled set of butterfly valves that control egr functions. has anyone ever messed with these? they look very restrictive. with these gone and egr parts removed will i turn on a check engine light? how will it run? thanx
DRAG SPEC MX3 BEING PARTED OUT.
BUY ALL MY STUFF OR DIE.lol, SERIOUSLY BUY MY STUFF. PLEEEASE
vegetoking

Re: dohc intake manifold butterflies

Post by vegetoking »

i decided to bring this one back from the death... just to consult about these butterfly valves.. do they ever need to be replaced and or cleaned?
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

Originally posted by vegetoking:
i decided to bring this one back from the death... just to consult about these butterfly valves.. do they ever need to be replaced and or cleaned?
No And No.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
Ehpl

Post by Ehpl »

These butterfly valves are are actully for your (not the factory term) varable intake volume, They makes your manafold act like it has two diferent size runners, an have nothing to do with flow, it gives you more mid an hi torque. They have nothing to do with your egr.
The only thing I recomend doing to these is clean them an the inside of the manifold with some throttle body valve cleaning spray if you happen to have your intake off and apart.

Eugene L
1.6DOHC
N.S.canada
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/552384

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”