is there any turbos available for the 4cyl, 1.6L

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
xeffex

Re: is there any turbos available for the 4cyl, 1.6L

Post by xeffex »

Check out boosthead.com The owner Thomas Knight specializes in custom turbos and says he has made several for the 1.6L. If you have the cash, he can make you a full system. Just e-mail him off his web site. Let me know how it goes.<P>
Jordan<BR>1994 White RS
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

if you have an auto.. might as well not even try unless you plan a tranny swap.<BR><P>------------------<BR>Barry Clark<BR><I><B>Moderator</B></I><BR>1995 Mazda Mx-3 RS<BR>Chaste White<BR><A HREF="http://www.barrykclark.com" TARGET=_blank>barrykclark.com</A> <BR> custommx3@usa.net
xeffex

Post by xeffex »

That's a good point... I've never seen a "Boosthead Turbo 4-banger" But he told me also that he has done the mod to several RS's. Maybe we can get him to post some pics on his site...<P>
Jordan<BR>1994 White RS
renef

Post by renef »

...because if us owners of boosted MX3's slapped a "TURBO" badge or sticker on our cars, we would be constantly hassled by every idiot looking to try you out. At least that is what happened to me. I don't tell anyone about the boost and I put a nice dark grille up front to hide the intercooler.<P>I don't need everyone up my a-- looking to race me.<P>I *really* don't need the cops pulling me over. (Turbo mods are illegal where I am).<P>So, in general, most boost-heads keep a low profile<P>RF
White 1992 MX-3 RS Turbo<BR>"Live Boosted or Die!"
xeffex

Post by xeffex »

What turbo did you go with? Sorry, if I seemed to come off mean... just interesed in turbocharging...<P>thanks,<P>Jordan<P>
Jordan<BR>1994 White RS
renef

Post by renef »

Believe it or not, most Mitubishi Eclipse parts fit in an MX3 1.6. I had a DSM mechanich do my ride with injectors, turbo, IC, piping, HKS wastegate/blowoff, custom manifold, MSD ignition, Fuel pressure reg... In other words, the works.<P>The good thing is that the B6E engine can handle about 80 more horses without internal reinforcement.<P>The limit on boost is about 9-12 psi. I really broke all kinds of s--- in there running the car at 12psi all the time. Stick to no more than 9psi, and everything seems to behave. Including the A/C.<P>BTW: Trade secret - 2nd gen RX7 fuel pump is a bolt-on for MX-3's. Go and get one if you're gonna BOOST!<P>RF<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by xeffex:<BR><B>What turbo did you go with? Sorry, if I seemed to come off mean... just interesed in turbocharging...<P>thanks,<P>Jordan<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>
White 1992 MX-3 RS Turbo<BR>"Live Boosted or Die!"
hijst

Post by hijst »

ok if you want a small turbo that will give you an extra 40 hp , go to a junk yark and find a meckery capri xr-2 or something, they engens are the same size, i put one on mine, i have a 93 1.6 with 88hp stock but i have close to 180 hp now with my mods, you can get it for about 300 dollars. and its worth it. trust me one this one. you will get arround 8-10 lbs of boost. that what the engen will hold. with mods up to 16lbs
93mx3

Post by 93mx3 »

HIJST, email me, your address is not working properly and I have a couple questions for you. My address is audi_otr@hotmail.com What did you use for a manifold, you are using an intercooler right? <BR>Thanx<BR>Jim<BR>93 clear White RS
MonstaMX3

Post by MonstaMX3 »

Could you also please email me at monsta_24@hotmail.com<BR>i wanna get a better understanding of what your talking about. Your saying look for that specific car at a junkyard and pull the turbo off and put it on ours, that would be perfect for me but i need more info, how to actually locate this car, how to tell if its anygood and how to get it installed etc. <BR>plz email me<BR>late
vroom vroom.... errr. ~tail-lights~ ahhh i lost again, atleast my car looks good! :)
CrazyLilMike

Post by CrazyLilMike »

Hijst, can you email me too mike_avila69@hotmail.com
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

please e-mail me also about the mercury capri turbo swap
PHieT850

Post by PHieT850 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hijst:<BR><B>ok if you want a small turbo that will give you an extra 40 hp , go to a junk yark and find a meckery capri xr-2 or something, they engens are the same size, i put one on mine, i have a 93 1.6 with 88hp stock but i have close to 180 hp now with my mods, you can get it for about 300 dollars. and its worth it. trust me one this one. you will get arround 8-10 lbs of boost. that what the engen will hold. with mods up to 16lbs</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>DO WE HAVE TO TAKE THE WHOLE ENGINE?? WHAT KIND OF BODY WORK HAS TO BE DONE TO TEH ENGINE BAY??? CAN WE USE OUR STOCK TRANNY AND CPU?? PLEASE SEND ME THE DETAILS....pHIET<BR>PINOYVIET850@AOL.COM<BR>
Dont want something, that doesnt want you back
CoSpringsMx-3

Post by CoSpringsMx-3 »

I would like to hear about this as well? Can you hit me up with all the details and specifics? I appreciate it.<P>nautica10304@yahoo.com
MSfreak

Post by MSfreak »

Hey, man dont leave ME out in the cold--could you hit me up as well on this secret??<P>------------------<BR>'92BlackBeauty
'92BlackBeauty
hotsiit
Supporting Member

Post by hotsiit »

hey, i know alot of people are asking about this mercury capri turbo swap, but when u have time can you also email me about it. thanks in advance<P>chris <BR>93 RS
Chris--It's HOTNESS, you wouldn't understand! -- Donate to MX-3.com--It'll make you feel good!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/colonelsmx3
1993 Mazda MX-3 RS-Turbo
1993 Mazda RX-7 touring
1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL
1995 Subaru Impreza L AWD Sedan
1987 Jeep Comanche

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”