Very High Oil Consuimption

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
teb

Very High Oil Consuimption

Post by teb »

I have a Jap import V6. I am gettin so much engine oil I don't think it can be normal. I do about 60 miles a day and drive like an arsehole but still, if i didn't check it after 3 weeks the engine would be runnin totally dry. I don't see any evidence of leeks where I park. Anyone else use oil like it's goin out of fashion?
SmokyMcGee

Re: Very High Oil Consuimption

Post by SmokyMcGee »

maybe its burning up when it hits the exhaust pipe or maybe the oil is just filling up to you valve cover. Pull out your plug fromk the valve cover and check if there is oil on them. This happened to me.
eD
92 KL-ZE V6 FX-Designs kit
Sparkle Blue
http://smokymcgee.5u.com/index.html
z_rawi

Post by z_rawi »

I've got a similar problem with my UK MX-3. Nobody can figure out what's happening to the oil, there's no obvious leak or blue smoke. Also the car is driving well and has passed oil pressure, compression and coolant pressure checks.<P>Perhaps I have a pinhole leak at high speeds (temperatures) such that the oil vaporises. Or perhaps as already suggested it is vaporising on my hot exahust manifold.<P>I also had oil leaking into the spark plug area but had this gasket replaced so there's something else going on with mine.<P>I'll keep you posted and would be interested to hear what happens to yours.
white fish

Post by white fish »

My rear valve cover leaks a bit on the manifold and burns off just need sometime to replace it<P>------------------<BR>Clear White 2.5L GSR

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”