Parting out my 93 MX3

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
hqpc

Parting out my 93 MX3

Post by hqpc »

I'm totally bummed, I think I blew the motor! I love this car as you will see from all the $ i've dumped in to it. Transmission (5 speed)$1500 newer Box with new pressure plate and clutch, less then 8 or 9 thousand miles ago. Distributor less then 10,000 miles ago. $300. two new front axcels and bearings $400, last freakin moth for cryin out loud!!! I know I won't get that much for the parts so make an offer. I'll take less to give up the whole car. I never drove it in the snow Pittsburgh PA) while i've had it (almost 3 years). The girl we got it from said it came from the carolina's. The paints faded and the clear coat has peeled from the sun. There is one rust spot that i know of and its under the hood by the hood latch. The interior is a little ruff in some spots. Back seats is torn at the seam and the fronts are faded
For those of you know that think I'm retarded for parting it out. Please feel free to speak up. DO you know where i can find a cheap 1.8 V6? I had plans to paint and fix a few dings on it before it went and now i'm sittin here with my head between my legs not knowing what to do? I Love this car but I just can't afford 2 Grand for a new motor in this thing. Most importantly i need the wheels!!!! :mad:
jimishadow

Re: Parting out my 93 MX3

Post by jimishadow »

ive got 2 cars for sale now 1 gs and 1 rs,im in ne pa near stroudsburg.the gs is nice with lots of new parts,both 5speed,maybe we can trade,ive also got 2 wrecks for parts.what blew on motor? if its just the head its easy.how many miles on your car?did a piston go through the side?

<small>[ July 10, 2004, 04:02 PM: Message edited by: jimishadow ]</small>
hqpc

Post by hqpc »

Man I need a motor or a buyer for mine. How many miles are on the GS, Is yours inspected? No? well you want my windshield? $200+shipping and your Pennsylvania inspected till 5\05 man,lol
THERE'S STUFF I FORGOT ABOUT. OH YEAH IT"S A GS
New inspection,
newer radiator
brand new brakes under 500 miles (man the rear rotors are a ***** to get off!!)
the airs good
Alternator was new when i got it
I've only put like 15,000 miles on it in the last 2 and a half years
I can get some pics if anyone wants
hqpc

Post by hqpc »

Jimi,
There's 196,000, but you can't tell a bit.
As far as the motor, Im not totaly sure. Man I can fix the hell out of your house but when it comes to motors im plain ignorant. My women drove it low on oil, it burned more oil then i do herb. ended up 2 and a half quarts low when i filled it. I've run it low before and got some ticking sounds but this time it didn't go away. you could hear something tappin a guy who works for me said he thought it was the lifters. Well two days later i'm taking off from a red light and it boggs out bad around 4,500 RPM, and it kept doing it but only at that RPM or higher the next day it happened at 3,500 then the next morning it started i put it into gear and that was it she had, had enough i guess. All it does is crank by the starter, you hear no kind of fire up compression when you turn the key. Do one of your wrecks maybe have a good motor or maybe part i could use to rebuild mine? I hear valves and pistons are hard to find. I'm waiting to get a buddy of mine over to check it out i have no clue dude. Can this type of motor be rebuilt cheap? I love and always wanted to do the 2.5 it sounds cool but really hard and costly. I just don't know enough and this motor has 196,000 miles on it. Thats alot of vroom vroom vroomin! I know my buddy can tear it apart for dam near the price of cold beer, but he's a muscle car motor head and this is high performance, can it be rebuilt and maybe boared out for less then $1,000? In closing,,,, you said if it's the top end it's not hard to fix, the lifters are the the things that push the valves right? I've torn off a head to a beretta to pull out a broken spark plug once so i have kinda an idea about the top half. Thanks for your help man!!
jimishadow

Post by jimishadow »

the gs is inspected untill dec.insp are easy to get in my nec of woods.i have another gs i just piced up,it has no brakes so im fixing it tomorrow.its nice,black,5sp,sunroof,140,000,seems to run good,know when brakes work,is yours a gs or rs?the other gs is blue 5sp sunroof,125000,nice ive been using it for a few months,no problems.the rs is white 5sp w 170000,crank windows with ac,runs good.email me at jimishadow@yahoo.com and ill give ya my cell#

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”