Ebay cold air intake system

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
girliegirl

Ebay cold air intake system

Post by girliegirl »

I was searching on ebay for some CAI systems and stumbled upon this. now it looks like a good deal but look at the shipping price! its freaking crazy! how much do you think it will cost to ship all the components out? i thought around 20 to 30 dollars tops. heres the link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38634&item=2479357675&rd=1
Oatmeal Stirred once!
perhapsadingo8yerbaby

Re: Ebay cold air intake system

Post by perhapsadingo8yerbaby »

Some ebay sellers discount the reserve or "buy it now price" and make it up with high fixed ship/handling charges. This is not necessarily designed to take unfair advantage of buyers but instead, is a way to reduce the many "nickel-&-dime-to-death" listing charges imposed by ebay on the seller. Those ebay charges don't apply to shipping costs, only to a bazillion aspects of the auction listing regarding pricing and winning bid cost. Hope that helps...
rayrrod

Post by rayrrod »

IMHO its just another scam, another rip off to us the buyers. that is why i never bid on those items.
no matter how they try to justify it, it is a rip off cause it is us buyers who will pay and they the sellers who will pocket the monies.
just ignor it or send the seller a post telling him its a rip off auction and u refuse to bid that he lost a potentional customer.
just my 2 cents worth
rayrrod

Post by rayrrod »

since u know it has a buy it now price of 19.99 and the starting price is 1 cent then do this

just to piss him off, to play his game.
BID one cent. why?
if no one bids on the auction, then ebay lets the seller relist it for no charge.
if it got a bid, he has to pay all over again.
so bid one cent and let it go, that is to punish him for trying to rip off us. 2 can play the game. i have done it many many times and will continue to do it. you have to be careful not to end up winning the auction. But if u do, then u can always retract. so u get a negative big deal.
oh if u want to check my feedback on ebay, id is komputer..yea 100 pos so far, been in since summer of 98
girliegirl

Post by girliegirl »

thanks for the info..i think i might just go get some pipes and make my own intake ;)
Oatmeal Stirred once!

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”