why bother swaping the KL-ZE into my 96

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
doubled

why bother swaping the KL-ZE into my 96

Post by doubled »

I am just wondering if this is my best option, to swap the KL-ze(200hp)engine or purchase a car that has the same if not more output that what this engine would produce. It would be great if any of the kl-ze swap owners could lend a hand in this decision that has to be made very soon. Thing is that i paid 10,500 for the car around 21/2 years ago and i have done some mods to it but as of late i have been holding back on some because of the engine swap possiblity. Also, i love this car but to get it ready for a show or to have a car that i really love and not get too sick of in the next couple of years i would have to get knew rims, the body kit that i want and a paint job and the engine were talking like ten grand. So, i would be lokking at a 21,000 car in the end. Or i could sell the car and get something else but i am not sure what, i was thinking about an eclipse or talon tsi. The shitty thing is i getting kinda pissed about paying higher prices for aftermarket parts that you can barley find in the first place. <BR>The other shitty thing is i just spent a lot of time doing my interior, everything from the dash right thought to the back hatchm new fabric everthing. So you thoughts and opinions are much needed and apprieciated.<P>Thanks<P>Dion
Dion Burhoe
Postman2K

Re: why bother swaping the KL-ZE into my 96

Post by Postman2K »

Personally, i think that it would be benificial to but money it to a car, to help it's over all performance. putting say like $6000+ into a Mx-3 that maybe you purchased for $5000+ wouldn't seem all that bad, that's only around $11000+. Now if you paid like $10000+ i would see your concern about things. anyways with all those mods, your car becomes unique to your own personal taste, and with a ZE engine you can own the road (well almost the whole road.) I find that it is more of a thrill to have a car that challenges me to find parts to mod it with. i think if i have a honda, it wouldn't be as fun, 'cause you can find parts for them everywhere, there's no thrill of the hunt (honda are like water, there everywhere). sure it may be cheaper, but who cares, live a little, it's good to spoil yourself from time to time. hehe. i think group buys are the way to go now a days, you save a little money and make some new contacts along the way. anyways, that's my opinion. :D :D
2007 Mazda3 GT Hatchback (Phantom Blue Mica) - DAILY DRIVER
2004 Mazda3 GT Hatchback (Passion Lava Orange) - FOR SALE
1994 Mazda Mx-3 GS (Laguna Blue) - RETIRED/JUNKED
1995 Mazda Mx-3 RS (Dark blue) - SOLD
A.S.

Post by A.S. »

I hear you bro. I have been pondering the same question for a while now and I've come to the conclusion that its simply not worth the effort, the money, and the enrgy to keep this car in the hopes of doing the swap. I love my MX, but its simply too costly to maintain and too, too slow. I've decided tojust sell my baby and get a 92-93 300-zx turbo, supra, or Talon. Think of it this way, if youre willing to spend all this money and time to do the swap, why dont you just get a car thats fast as the KL-ZE to begin and then you can spend to modify the faster which will even be faseter :roll: . Anyways, I'm simply getting tierd of spending on this car and being compared to civics and other little family cars. Evwn with the KL-ZE swap, the mx wont compare to most modern sports cars. I think its time for a change. Maybe, one day if I want a project car, I'll get another MX-3 and work on it for fun. But for now, since I dont have a lot to spend and I dont have time to play around, I think it would be weiser to simply get a faster car that looks just as good. But it will hurt to lose my MX-3, weve had some good times together.<BR>Good Luck.
hi
Q187

Post by Q187 »

Trust me, If I could sell my MX and get a 300zx or a supraTT.....I would do it in a second. There's no way I could find a car like that for as much money as I could sell my MX for, or even close. Prepare to spend about $10,000 plus what your MX is worth to get a TT car. Trust me, I've been looking everywhere for about a year. With the swap, it costs less than $1500 and you get a fairly fast, great looking car.
white fish

Post by white fish »

and dont for get about Insurance theres no way I can aford the insurance on a 300zxTT my dream car
blikmik

Post by blikmik »

I've put a s--- load into my car, and let me tell you.. it's not the destination... it's the journey bro. you'll get this "new" old car... be happy for a while then want to modify that car.. You're basically back at square one.. you'll want rims, body kit.. etc.. the money is forever an issue that you'll never win. do what you want bro but there's something to be said about a car that's modified with almost impossible to find parts. If you're a sheep, your a sheep - go follow the majority.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”