I just bought my MX3 yesterday... I got questions?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Shades

I just bought my MX3 yesterday... I got questions?

Post by Shades »

Well I got a 1996 Creek Blue Mica with 106,000km 4 cylinder manual. Paid $8600 CDN. Paint is in mint condition, only thing is that the back seats are splitting at the seams, is this common? Is there a quick inexpensive fix? Anyone have back seat covers? So far I've shaken the s--- out of the car... yeah I know I don't know how to drive standard well... learning. The only work it needs is a valve cover gasket ($20 is the part cost) and a distributor O ring ($3 is the part cost)... but the Mazda dealer wanted $150 to do the whole job. I'm gonna try and do it myself which will cost me $23 from $150... wow.<P> Image <BR> Image <BR> Image <P>I've got a few questions to ask.<P>What are these buttons for? <BR> Image <BR>The two buttons in the left bottom corner? The one on the left has a LED and it doesn't turn on when you press the button. I tried to turn my lights on and push the buttons, and still nothing happens.<P>Everytime I open the door a beeping sounds goes off like I left my lights on type deal. There is a key broken off in the trunk lock... would that be what's making the cause of the beeping?? Could someone please tests this out for me... please, and thank you.<P>The rear defroster doesn't work. The LED light in the button doesn't turn on. Now it's a real pain the rear end especially at night cause it came with the back window tinted. SO, when it's all fogged up you can't see didly squat. What should I do to fix this... someone suggested checking the fuse. If it ain't that what is it?<P>Oh for laughs sake it also came with a free big a-- mosquito in the dome light on the passengers side.<BR> Image <P>Please let me know what you think, and if you have any solutions to these problems. I feel once I get these things fixed I'll enjoy my first car much more. Did I get ripped off on the price?<P>JoN
JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"
canadian_ice

Re: I just bought my MX3 yesterday... I got questions?

Post by canadian_ice »

Hey Jon none of your pictures work - you gotta post an actual link to Tripod pictures.<P>For the rear defroster, the same thing happened to me because I left the button on and the fuse shorted out. It's easy to fix - just get your mshop to order you a new fuse (they might actually have them lying around too). That's really cheap to fix.
Shades

Post by Shades »

Ok here are the pics again... stupid tripod... I'll put the pic and a link incase the picture doesn't work.<P>This is my car:<BR> Image <BR><A HREF="http://members.shaw.ca/spudsicles/images/FrontView.jpg" TARGET=_blank>Front View</A><P> Image <BR><A HREF="http://members.shaw.ca/spudsicles/image ... deView.jpg" TARGET=_blank>Front Side View</A><P> Image <BR><A HREF="http://members.shaw.ca/spudsicles/image ... deView.jpg" TARGET=_blank>Rear Side View</A><P>WHAT are these buttons for? The ones in the bottom left of the picture...<BR> Image <BR><A HREF="http://members.shaw.ca/spudsicles/images/Buttons.jpg" TARGET=_blank>What are these buttons?</A><P>LOOK carefully for the bug in the dome light... makes for a much nice conversation piece in the car.<BR> Image <BR><A HREF="http://members.shaw.ca/spudsicles/images/Bug.jpg" TARGET=_blank>Bug in the DoMe!!</A>

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

Travis83

Post by Travis83 »

I dont know what those buttons are for. My 92 GS just has solid buttons there. You know what I mean? The buttons are there on mine, but they dont have a picture on them and you cant push em. Nice lookin car though.
****F.U.B.A.R. SINCE 03/30/02****<P>Blaze Red w/white racing stripes<BR>FX Designs Body Kit<BR>52" Aerospeed Aluminum Spoiler<BR>18X7.5 Konig Imagine Wheels<BR>Red underbody kit<BR>Blacklights inside
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

OH I THINK THAT IS WHERE THE CRUISE CONTROLL ON/OFF BUTTONS ARE ON MINE(U.S.) ALSO JUST A TIP, IF YOU GO TO GET THAT BUG OUT BE CAREFUL. IF YOU BREAK ANY PART OF THAT ASSEMBLY THE PART IS VERY EXPENSIVE.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

ABOUT THE REAR DEFROSTER, IT MIGHT BE DISCONNSCTED AT THE HATCH. CHECK IT AND SEE. THERE SHOULD BE A PLUG COMING FROM THE PLASTIC TO AN ATTACHMENT ON THE WINDOW DEFROSTER.(ON THE WINDOW). BE CAREFUL AGAIN...SOME TINT CAN NOT BE USED WITH A DEFROSTER. EVER SEEN A WINDOW WITH LINES OF BUBBLES IN THE TINT. OLDER TINT CAN'T TAKE THE HEAT IT WILL WARP. THE NEW TYPES ARE OK. P.S. THE CAR LOOKS PRETTY GOOD!
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
disturbed321

Post by disturbed321 »

Dude you got ripped off, just my 2 cents. You could've gotten soooo much more for the price you paid. Nonetheless the Mx-3 is very kick a-- car(am I alowed to swear on here). Happy Mx-3'n :)
I Eat Dodges & s--- Fords
Shades

Post by Shades »

For some reason prices out here on the West Coast are more expensive than east of here. People say it's due to the salt on the roads and the weather conditions which makes the car last not as long. I was looking in the Buy and Sell and I could not find a 1996 for less than $10,000... when I found this one I was like what is wrong with it. I got it checked out and to my surprise nothing serious. I've noticed that cars east are cheaper...

HeyIt'sJoBo

Post by HeyIt'sJoBo »

Yeah, I paid a pretty penny for my 94' GS also. Shades, you bought that at a dealership correct? I believe I looked at that car when I was in Vancouver for the weekend awhile back. Lucky Auto is off the top of my head. I can't remember though.<P>Jordan<BR>Prince George BC
...and for those 10 seconds or less... I drink the beer.
Wild T

Post by Wild T »

Dang there is a lot of other cars I would have gotten for 8,000 no offense.
dam2009

Post by dam2009 »

those 2 buttons thats the sign of fog lights! but on mine its cruise cont. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
Shades

Post by Shades »

I cracked my dash open and found out that those buttons are connected to nothing!!!

Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

the buttons are for the fog lights, which have probably since been removed from your car. Other models have cruise control on/off switches there, some people have nothing.<P>Before you go trying to mess with the defroster, check to make sure its just not the bulb thats bad. the bulb going dead is quite common, but it doesnt mean the defroster doesnt work.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”