Thefez's 92 MX3 GS (Buying a RX-8!)

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Thefez
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Thefez's 92 MX3 GS

Post by Thefez »

Current mod list (counts stuff in prosses that isnt on the car yet)

Motor

OBD-II/MAF Swap
P&P "milly" Heads
P&P G4 IM
Colt 210 Cams
"Coned"&Polished TB
3" Front Ram Air Intake
Bosal Headers
2.5" Custom Aluminized Exhaust

Transsmission

TWM Short Shifter
Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel
ClutchMasters Clutch/Pressure Plate

Suspension

GC Coilover Sleaves
Cusco Camber Plates
Pollyurethane Bushing Kit
BF Goodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2

Aesthetics

CS Mazdaspeed Bumper
Euro Sideskirts
F/R Mudflaps
Euro Yellow Fog Lights
Euro Vents

Once I get everything in and workin I have Alot of parts laying around, im hopin to put down about 225-250 to the ground. Then a possible upgrade to MS, and D2 or and off brand full coilover set up. There are the over all goals for the car wonce project paint is put into action.
Thefez

Re: Thefez's 92 MX3 GS OBD-II Swap

Post by Thefez »

So I started to work on my OBD-II swap tonight got alot acomplished :)

wanted a "plug and play" VAF to MAF harness so I cut the plug out of my VAF and sodered on the MAF, IAT, and 12v Source wires.

Still need to wrap with electrical tape then loom and more tape.

Also my OBD-I - OBD-II Harness came in the mail.

Im gunna plug everything up and see if everything works on friday or saturday after work!, It gunna be nice with a MAF and OBD-II port to work with to see thats going on easyer.
[LVPA]93GsSe

Post by [LVPA]93GsSe »

Looks nice! Glad to see that old sensor come in handy. Hope it works well for ya!
Knowing you've spent too much on your car,
yet, you still want to keep modding. -priceless
^
|
boosted_bullet

93 Honda Accord LX - Wrecked
95 Honda Del Sol Si - Stolen
92 Honda Accord EX - Parted out
2000 Toyota Celica GTS - Cracked block and broken differential teeth
93 SE - ATX to MTX, work as always in progress
01 Toyota Celica GTS - DD

Worklog to be up soon, still... ...
Thefez

Post by Thefez »

Well I guess the build really needs a big update!

I got a big stack of part that need to be installed on my MX-3 some big a cool things as some of you know my goal is to shoot for 200-250hp at the wheels.. so who cares about my goals right? lets here about the parts!

Gates Racing Blue Kevlar T-Belt
Misc. Seals and Gaskets
Fidenza Alum Flywheel
Clutch Masters Pressure plate, and clutch
Colt 210 Cams
MS1 w/coil packs, plug and play harness
P&P'ed G4 IM
Coned KL47 TB

Well besides all the cool "go fast" parts over the summer I started painting the car... but between work and my other project(1966 Mustang) I didn't exectly get very far I got my hood and front and rear bumper done and thats about it until spring rolls around ill complete the car with the doors, mirrors, fenders, and the rest of the car.. so hopfuly she'll be lookin "fresh" when spring rolls around.

I also awhile purchased a new set of coilovers and have installed them since when my Cuzco Camber plates. They are the TA's I had posted about awhile ago. over all the quailty was surpurb the ride quality is amazing compared to the GC's i was running.

Ill have some pics up for you guys in the next few days!:)
Thefez

Post by Thefez »

so this might be a final update for awhile for thos following my build ive aquired my "final" parts for my car

mfactory LSD
Megasquirt Standalone engine management
fidenza flywheel
clutch masters clutch set
ported and powder coated G4 IM
IM/TB spacers

these are the final pieces to my MX-3 that will be added untill i get bored agien which im sure wont take long at all.. lol

after all these parts are installed and we get some warmer weather coming our way i finally finish painting my car crystal white and get the car "done".

But on another note with a big update and surprise for me :) I will be starting a new worklog soon come next weekend when I will being bringing home my new car :) a 2004 Mazda RX-8... some details on the car its blue and a grand touring only option it doesn't have is the navigation.. which really isn't a big deal.. the car also is coming with a Mazdaspeed exhaust, AEM CAI, and the Mazdaspeed "body kit". One i have her home and cleaned up ill post up pics in a new log and give more of the back story. Till then and summer we wont have many updates thanks for everyone thats followed and posted in my build! :)

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”