You know you're obsessed when....

Off-Topic Discussions
Mx3Kid16

Re: You know you're obsessed when....

Post by Mx3Kid16 »

fowljesse wrote:Sarah keeps asking me to not use kitchen utensils for car work, and not clean the K&N in the sink, etc...
my mom hates it when i do that.

haha
CF Hood, Kenwood everything, 2.25 catback exhaust, H&R Springs, F&B Strut bars

My worklog: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=68856" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good afternoon from the biggest Douch around;D
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

I had a DREAM ABOUT MX-3'S!

I was looking at this beautiful raspberry SE, and it was all up on stands, and the kid was talking about scrapping it, and I told him I'd give him around a grand for it, but he was like "nah, I think I'm just going to beat in all the panels with a hammer" but somehow it wound up on my driveway (with my other three) and I realized I had one in every colour (which isn't true, I don't have Clear White, Chaste White, Elegant Beige Metallic, Laguna Blue Metallic, Creek Blue Mica (my fav), Sparkle Green Metallic, or Silver Stone Metallic )....

Edited for Wyt.
Last edited by Ryan on May 6th, 2010, 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Beige? It's not beige...it's Champaigne. And you call yourself obsessed.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
PilotSmack89
antispam: No

Post by PilotSmack89 »

When you got an imperial socket set for Christmas and it was promptly returned for a metric set :D

When the maintenance program you have set up on your MX is better than some airlines' maint programs...

When you have developed super-hearing from diagnosing every single noise you hear...

When you shmile when another MX parts beside yours... (nod to Ryan's post earlier)

When the fire extinguisher in your car is current, but the one in your kitchen is expired...
-Blaze Red 92 MX-3 RS w/ Brembo rotors, Infinity Kappas 62.9i

"MA! THE MEATLOAF!!"
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

You guys... have to see my house.

MoonEggs spent the weekend here, so you can verify this with him.

My upstairs room(3rd bedroom, no bed though) is dedicated 50% to storage, 50% to MX-3 parts. I've got 2 bumpers, enough gaskets for 2-3 full engine rebuilds, a Fidanza flywheel, multiple front/rear mudguards, several sets of floormats, enough intake piping for 3-4 cold air intakes, extra head/taillights, interior trim, mini sides(MS as well as Euro Mini), extra ECUs, Timing Covers, and quite a bit more...

My 2nd bedrom(also no bed, only storage) has a '93 Passenger door, some random odds and ends(mostly interior stuff that has no other home atm).

Utility room has 1 disassembled engine, torn apart and organized, minus the crank and block(rods/pistons are there), as well as a few extra valvecovers, and a second intake manifold. This is where I organize my "project" parts, after they are cleaned and ready to go for install/machining. That is just what I have stored in the canning closet, I just cleaned the rest out to use the room as a shop. :)

My bedroom is(shockingly) free of car parts, for the first time ever. My bathtub is constantly in use for cleaning car parts, from sideskirts to exhaust piping. I use it for everything, since it's so easy to clean afterwards.

My living room has only a center console, some gear oil, cleaning gear(bucket, sponges, magic eraser, and various chemicals/soaps/waxes), some extra shift knobs, and an old axle that I have yet to scrap.

My kitchen... is a minefield. Springs, struts, interior pieces, subwoofer, headlights, a "harness" for upgrading the headlight wiring, and various seatbelt components from my previous(and coming) auto>manual belt swaps.

Walk out the front door, and you'll be lucky to not trip on my air compressor, various prybars, jackstands, etc.

Mark can verify most of this, since he had to trip over it a few times. :lol:

My old "shop" area is pretty bad too, but I'm in the process of renovating that. After that's done, I'll be able to have women over again. :lol:

Edit:

I forgot, half the interior for my '92 currently sits in my '93, filling the seats. :lol:
Last edited by MrMazda92 on May 3rd, 2012, 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Savin

Post by Savin »

You know you're obsessed when....

After keeping them for 3+ years in your bedroom (and not even owning an mx-3 for the 2nd and 3rd years), you finally have a use for the leather rear seats, the wrap around rear spoiler....and Chrome door handles again. :lol:
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Haha Savin, what's the condition like on the rear leathers? I have 1 more outgoing payment for parts, then I can start budgeting for more goodies. :D
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Savin

Post by Savin »

Not that great honestly, lol. There are a couple rips here and there, but the top portion is still better than the one that's in the car now. I also have the rear seat from my other purple car still. No rips on that, I don't think.

All I know is, one set will go in, the other set will become seating in my room eventually, lol.
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

... You dream about your MX-3 overheating, you're far away from home, and you're trying to get home slowly without killing it, shutting it off, coasting... but home is sooo far away...

... Then you wake up with an accelerated heartrate because of it. Not the damn way I wanted to start this day off.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
stepchyld

Post by stepchyld »

You dream your MX3 broke down at a convenience store, to come back the next morning with tools and parts and find the engine's been stolen.
Hate that one

You dream that, somehow, your first car morphs into an MX3.
Gotta love that one
93 GS, ATX to MTX swap, chrome 16x7, upper strut bars, SRD LCA bushings.
Upcoming improvements: Tokico/Eibach struts/springs, energy suspension LCA bushings
94 RS MTX, Engine swap completed, ALIVE Again!
95 RS ATX, parts car/project X
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

my first car was an mx-3 :mrgreen:
Sleeper6
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Sleeper6 »

mikeinaus wrote:my first car was an mx-3 :mrgreen:
Ditto! Even resurrected it from a front end total job.. maybe thats why its taken me so long to give in and scrap it
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
wagZE

Post by wagZE »

projectzemx3 wrote:theres a highschool just down the street from where i work. all the kids come on lunch and i hear them ripping there cars up and down the road. there is a kid with a GS mx3 that has a broken exhaust piping directly after the cat.

when he comes down the road my ears purk right up. you can hear every shift and it just sounds so right. shifting and just knowing where the tone of exhaust should drop too.

is that obsessed?
No that is not obsessed, thats just driving your car well...

Obsessed would be having 2 passenger side black spare doors, spare hood, spare headlights, or even a whole spare mx3 car. I will never not have at least one mx3 ever again!!!!! FTW!!!!!
1 mx6 88 LX auto 2.2l 4cyl
2 mx6 93 LS saved from junkyard SOLD
3 Mx6 96 M edition blow a ze part it
4 Mx6 96 gold LS paint n lights auto SOLD
5 mx6 red fresh paint clean, sold
1 mx3 92rs sohc auto rota c8s h&r
2 mx3 93 gsze bought w/ mods
3 mx3 93 GSze mtx swp act stg3 str8 nek im eibach kl36
4 mx3 GS SOLD-
6 mx3 white gs jdm swap'd SOLD
*5th mx3 blk GS clean title modded DD*
1 PGT 97 blk, garaged clean sold
2 pgt primered 5 spd KL SOLD
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

hmm, hmmm I am not even going to start in on this.....

haha I think we are all there :welder: :freak:
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

You know you're obsessed when...

... you've been hiding a mx-3 secret for 4 months and have no plans to share what that is for another few months!
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread

Return to “Off-Topic”