_-Night-Shade-_ [ 1994 GS-R ] - Winter 2012 ... Part 1

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: _-Night-Shade-_'s 1994 GS - K8 is out! KLZE soon!

Post by Mooneggs »

well hopefully you've learned your lesson 8) and I've always been a fan of your ride, I didn't realize I had never posted in here :oops:
Finch
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Finch »

that sucks man... of course nothing ever goes as planned
----"A Real Car has 3 Pedals"----

2007 Satin White Pearl Subaru Wrx 2.5L
2007 Blue Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5I Special Edition - Sold
1996 Black Mazda MX-3 RS - Sold for Part
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Thanks Moon, means a lot coming from you :) I'm a fan of your rides as well! I just haven't gotten around to posting in your worklogs yet because I like to sit down and read them all in one go and you've got TWO and they're like 20 pages each haha. I'll have to set aside some time for that soon though.

So basically I just need to figure out this electrical stuff and then everything else should be a breeze. This where we stand as of now:

--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
_-Night-Shade-_

We're making some good progress! I was able to remove the reverse switch and neutral switch from my old tranny and swap em over so now they plug in. But man that woulda been so much easier with the engine & tranny still out. However the speedometer sensor is in there good and I broke off part of the metal trying to get it out of my old tranny so I think it'll have to stay in there. I might have to just splice that one or drive around without a working speedo for a bit till I find that portion of the harness from a probe in a junkyard and make an adaptor. As far as I can tell nobody's ever had this problem with a probe tranny, maybe this one's out of "weird" year or something?

Also - I was able to free those O2 sensors from the probe y-pipe! Gotta love my torch 8) she succeeds where the PB blaster fails, hehe. I now have all of the electricals hooked up minus that speedo sensor and the intake manifold/tb stuff because I didn't throw that on yet. We're close!
_-Night-Shade-_

Woohoo! I got her running, kind of. She cranks and starts but then dies right away. I can keep it going for a bit if I give it some gas but it'll idle super low and sputter and die. So I know I have fuel and spark. I'm using a KL02 VAF cause I hear it runs better with stock ECU, should I throw the JE50 back on? The only codes I'm getting are 8, 10 (because of the VAF) and 16, 28, 29 (because of the EGR). Suggestions???
solo_ryder

Re: _-Night-Shade-_ [1994 Now GS-R!] - Running! Almost...

Post by solo_ryder »

Um no. Kl02 vaf with k8 ecu is a no-no. You should run a kl01 ecu and kl02 vaf or else just the je50/k8 ecu.

Kl02 works with obd2 setup
_-Night-Shade-_

Re: _-Night-Shade-_ [1994 Now GS-R!] - Running! Almost...

That was easy! Switched back to the JE50 just to be safe, even though I'm not certain that was the issue, will look into that later. Also I figured if it was starting up but dying it's probably an idle issue, so I recalibrated the disty timing back to what it was on the K8 and undid the idle screw to give it more breathing room and VOILA! She's idling! :)

Me: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: <------- Happiest MX-3 owner this very instant! :D

Here is the current setup, just very stock-like. I know it's a mess, but I wanted to make sure everything is working before I start modding stuff:

And then this is the exhaust at the moment. Wow you guys have to hear it, it sounds like a friggin Harley with open headers! :P
solo_ryder

Re: _-Night-Shade-_ [1994 GS] - Now GS-R! SUCCESS!!! :D

Post by solo_ryder »

Congrats
MX3-4U2NV

Post by MX3-4U2NV »

w00t, congrats brother!
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

welcome to the club 8)
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Alll riiiight!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

hooray for prince Igor!

94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
tripleMX-3chicMS
Supporting Member

Post by tripleMX-3chicMS »

LOL... To funny.... So glad for you... I want to hear it!
92 GS automatic (WHITE w/ full on Zebra interior) My Morning DD
93 GS SE 5 spd manual (RASPBERRY) My Evening DD
93 GS SE 5 spd manual (RASPBERRY) Working On (pics soon)
93*4 GS SE's for parts ONLY*
Every day is a good day to be a girl.... hehehe
my feedback: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f= ... 50&start=0"
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Yeah...I found all of the tranny stuff the first time I tried to put a MX-6 tranny in my MX-3. The connectors are the same, but on the Probe/MX-6/626 the male and female connectors are reversed...male on the harness and female on the sensor...from the 3. I suspect that's the case with the O2 sensors as well. crappy that you can't get the speedo drive out. l found that if I took a small punch and tapped on the side of the bolt flange I could get it to spin in the hole and was able to work it out, but that's going to be really tough to do with the tranny in the car.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
_-Night-Shade-_

wytbishop wrote:Yeah...I found all of the tranny stuff the first time I tried to put a MX-6 tranny in my MX-3. The connectors are the same, but on the Probe/MX-6/626 the male and female connectors are reversed...male on the harness and female on the sensor...from the 3. I suspect that's the case with the O2 sensors as well. crappy that you can't get the speedo drive out. l found that if I took a small punch and tapped on the side of the bolt flange I could get it to spin in the hole and was able to work it out, but that's going to be really tough to do with the tranny in the car.
That's exactly what I was doing and that flange broke off. It's okay though cause I was able to make an adaptor and everything's working!

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”