[GI] Poly bushings: Making a Comeback in Feb 09'!!!

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.

Are you interested in purchasing Polyurethane Bushings for your MX-3?

Hell Ya!!! Can't wait!!!
41%
Yes, but times are tight and I need wait a while longer.
18%
Yes, but I may not want a complete set.
9%
Yes, I would prefer the kit without sway bar bush's for $50 off.
18%
Yes, but I want poly sway bar bush's too.
5%
No, the price is too high IMHO.
No votes
No, I just don't have the cash.
5%
No, you're an opinionated loser and I won't buy from you.
5%

Total votes: 22

onlytrueromeo

Re: [GI] Poly bushings OCT 24, NEW UPDATE

Post by onlytrueromeo »

I am still really interested in this, and would normally be able to send you the money immediately...but I've had a really rough past 2 weeks that have cost me 1000...and I have not sold my car yet. I have the money but I want to try to hold on to it for the moment to see if my string of bad luck will keep getting worse or will break. I will know within the week.

:( I really want these bushings.

Time to relist the car on ebay!
tehbrookzorz

Re: [GI] Poly bushings OCT 26, The verdict is in...

Post by tehbrookzorz »

Can we start a list of those interested? If 15 of us turn out to be interested, more people beyond that may find that the bushings fall into their price range ($370 as opposed to $420). I will go ahead and be the first on the list.
Cody
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

I'm definitely interested...and I have money for a deposit...but I don't know when Id have the 2nd 200, and I wouldn't want to make you wait an extra week or two to receive it and hold everything up.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

Well. I probably should not drop that kinda cash so close to christmas.. And I don't know enough about our suspensions and the benifits. But, I think this is a good time to learn and one hell of a product.

Visa might not like me (or my wife... shhhhhhhh) but I'm in.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

As far as the time line goes. I figured it would be at least a couple of weeks for everyone to decide if they're in or out and collect deposits. At that point I'll order the molds which will take 3 weeks to complete. Then depending on the number ordered, the actually poly will take 2 - 3 weeks as well.

On the down side that brings us pretty close to or just after Christmas. On the upside if you're on the bubble you'll have 3 weeks or so to decide and another 6 to get your final payment in. There's no trouble delaying the process till January if it makes things easier on people.

I have an up to date list on the first post of those who have been interested up to this point. If new names pop up I'll add them. If anyone's bowing out I'll remove them. Including myself there are 15 names on the list, but a couple are only interested in partial sets.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Interested depending on price
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

I think with some education we can get 20 guys in on this. $320 isn't so difficult. Where else will you find this attention to detail for this type of product for our car?
Cody
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

If these perform the same as Energy Suspension bushings, It's probably the most important mod you can do to improve cornering. You wouldn't believe how it feels.
When you get to the point where your wheels wold normally break loose, the wheels turn instead, and give you noticably more lateral G-force. It's really wierd, because you can actually feel that the turn radius gets smaller! It almost feels like your sliding a bit. If you like to take fast turns, this will be the best money you'll spend. I take turns fast every day, and never tire of it. There's a turn that my stock GS starts to understeer at about 50 that I can do about 75 in the fast car.. Of course the bushings aren't the only upgrade on that one :wink:
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Thanks for the plug.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
wytbishop

Re: [GI] Poly bushings...More details...

Post by wytbishop »

Sorry I keep remembering more details...

Regarding the difference between RS and GS models. According to my new best friend, the Mazda parts guy, There are 2 differences between models.

The rear bushing of the Front Lower Control Arm is different on all models after June 94'. Up to that point they were all 46mm diameter, however after that time they went to 48mm.

The rear Tralining Arm has always been different from RS to GS. This makes sense given that the RS is drum rear brakes and the GS has disks. I believe that the rear bushing of the trailing arm is the same diameter but narrower. I will confirm that this week.

So just so everyone knows, all years and all models will be accounted for in the Group Buy.

Edited for informational accuracy.
Last edited by wytbishop on February 16th, 2009, 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Jeff gave me the go ahead today. Look for the official Group Buy thread in the coming days.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

I'm looking forward to it, but my cashflow is tight right now, what with certain other group buys and expenditures. If you're flexible, I'll be in.
Cody
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

When should we start sending deposits? :)
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

onlytrueromeo wrote:When should we start sending deposits? :)
Not quite yet. I want to have 2 questions answered by one of the vendors tomorrow before I post the GB thread. The GB thread will go up tomorrow with instructions.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

Will these bushings be availible later on outside of the group buy?
I would love to get a set now but im broke as a mofo.
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”