War talk

Off-Topic Discussions
VizualXTC

Re: War talk

Post by VizualXTC »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by EBUCKS:
Hey Ryan,
All I was trying to say is that the US are a completely divided bunch. Once the war starts are you going to cage all middle eastern people? Canada had a civil war at it's confederation. Upper Canada vs. Lower Canada, known today as Quebec and Ontario, respectively. Today, Quebec lisence plates have a sig, if you will, that says je me souvien, which means 'I remember', or better put they still haven't forgotten that war, and they even tried to separate from the rest of Canada 130 years after this war. Case and point with the Japanese, someone said that they have no problem with the US, as their markets flourish at the hands of US businesses going off shore. Come on! You think that they've forgotten? And word on "da street", from talking to my relatives that do live in the US, is that they are "no uncle Tom, going to fight uncle Sam's war".
You can't tell me that people from the middle east that reside in the US today are not upset with the hastiness to which the US is going to war. Also, you can't tell me that hatred by the ignorant, toward muslims is not growing amongst us all. I repeat 'by the ignorant'.
Tell me this, are there any muslims in the US army?
Anyhow, my point is that the US are a very divided group, as they have upset entire nations and now religious groups all over the world. <p>Ryan, it looks like you against everyone here even Battsoi, who I think has a better handle than you on what is going on. Yet you put his situation of living very close to where this war is taking place down and figure that your place of residence albeit near a US army base is more vulnerable. The US is planning to attak his area. Nobody said that they were going to attak your army base. Hence the reason why a lot of us are tired of what you have to say.
You have included Toronto as a main target for Al-Qaida. I never read or heard about this.
Ryan, thank you for wanting to put your life on the line for the likes of me, johnny b, kurtklze, and many others. I think what we're saying is that we feel secure in our own minds and hearts that we haven't pissed anybody off, so we're safe. I may be mistaken, but Canada is known for its peace keeping missions, not aggression.
As I'm a lover, not a fighter and can face death with a healthy conscience (I'm an assistant priest). You ask where I stand when Canada goes to war. I'll stand for peace. We have people to do that for us, and if I'm recruited to go to war, I'm not going. I feel that this is not my war. This is why I say don't trouble trouble until trouble troubles you. <p>one
<hr></blockquote><p>Wow, go to Vegas for a few days and you have a weeks worth of reading. Well, since I have been in Vegas (a.k.a. No Sleep) and it's 3:15am I am just going to respond to this one post only because it was directed toward me. <p>You say that they are going to attack Battosai's area? I don't believe that Saddam or his regime resides in Sabadell Spain. I don't believe there has ever been talk about bombing Spain. What I do know is that we have F-16's flying a 24 hour watch over our air base. I wonder why they'd do that to an unlikely target. Hill Air Force Base has been listed as a target for biological warfare. You can deny and excuse anything you want, but the fact remains I am in MUCH more danger than Battosai is. I would even go as far as to say YOU are in mre danger than I. And if you took 2 seconds to actually READ my posts you will see I never listed Toronto as a target. I only expressed the proximity of Toronto to NYC which is the #1 target for Al-Queda. If they drop an anthrax, small-pox, or nuclear bomb on NYC, I assure you, that people in Toronto will feel the aftermath. When you're friends and family are dying slowly of diseases you have never heard of, remember that you are against getting rid of the person that did it. Furthermore, Canada will NEVER go to war with Iraq, just like Great Brittain and France will never go to war with Iraq. They may send troops to support us, but will never be an active participant. Canada WILL back the US, it's just a metter of time before they realize what's been put in front of them for the past few months. I heard that the US is now at war with Iraq. I havn't heard anything about it since Sunday so I will have to watch the news, and do a little research before I can comment on other posts. You talk about our ignorance and our unwillingness to understand. We have the proof. We're GOING to kill Saddam. Now we are at war, it is legal to send a guy and put a bullet where his mouth would be. If I had training I would volunteer for the job myself. Paint my skin yellow, wrap a turban around my head, and throw a little "apu" at them, then POW!....Just kidding. But seriously, I support what's going on 100% and like Barry stated. All you know is what your country wants you to know. All we know is what OUR country wants us to know. BUT I guarentee that when it comes down to cold hard facts, George W knows more than 99.9% of the US, Canada, and possibly the world. If he didn't know what he was doing, he wouldn't do it. You all may think that he's doing this for glory, but the Bush Administration is just that, and administration. It's not just Bush calling the shots. He has an awesome administration, one that I will stand by. <p>I also fail to see any proof of your previous allegations. I must admit I havn't read the whole thing so you may have said something.<p>After a bit of rest and a lot of research I will return and throw another 2 cents into the piggy bank. Right now I am going to bed. :D I appologize for any incoherent garbble I may have made. It is 3:30 now and I am running on NO sleep. I also appologize if I have offended anyone, but this is a debate, and feelings will be tested.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
EBUCKS

Post by EBUCKS »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> We are not attacking iraqi people, just there leaders. <hr></blockquote><p>When I see video footage of women and kids in hospitals and hear about civilians dying, I question this. As has been said before, Saddam is using his own people as human shields. Really and trully, where are Iraqi people supposed to go? Can they seek asylum or refugee status anywhere in the world? After 911, I think not. So, these civilians are part of the US casualties, and are in no way safe from any attack. Plus, there are also journalists in Iraq, who have chosen not to leave. Stupid as that sounds, this is what they live for. They may fall due to the attacks as well.
I don't care how precise they are with their bombing. It still hasn't been done safely. <p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> Pluss the other day he let it slip out that he is going to use the money from the oil to pay for the war. <hr></blockquote><p>Oh! <p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> there is alot easier and faster ways to get read of him but you have to justify spending all that money on the miltiary some how(lets face it war is going to make you money or cost you depents on how the chest game is played and won)And i dont think that someone (bush) that ran from war and went A-wall when it was his time to surve should order poeple to fight for him. I think all people that run a country should have to surved in war(on the ground in person) before they can take that place.
<hr></blockquote><p>Oh!<p>Dave, you're going to be asked to back this up, but keep this info coming, cuz "da hood" is where it's at! :) <p>Ryan, my proof is in history. However, I have been told to 'stand down', as the history that I presented was too harsh for this UBB. Therefore, you're right . . . I have nothing. Please don't bring it up again. Thank you. <p>one
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> where are Iraqi people supposed to go? Can they seek asylum or refugee status anywhere in the world? After 911, I think not. <hr></blockquote>
Actually, The US has setup refugee camps all around the borders. <p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>I don't care how precise they are with their bombing. It still hasn't been done safely. <hr></blockquote>
There is no such thing as a safe war.
People say innocent civilians die becuse of US bombings. Remeber 911? THOUSANDS of innocent civilians died. We know Saddam is linked with Al Queda(sp?), so that makes it worse. There were more caualties in the last on 9/11 than this war combined with Desert storm. Think about that.
were not killing innocent people, Saddam is.<p>
Just think about this...
If you lived in the richest country in the world, most people were highly educated ( that is until saddam came into power), and you and your family were starving. ( you used to have a nice house but was taken away ). You close friends and family were killed by biological weapons being tested on them unwillingly. A million others just like them have already died.<p>What would you do? Nothing? Would u want help? Knowing the US could take over and make it a free country, establish a government and decrease poverty? If you want to oppose it, fine! Who cares, the war has begun, and nothing anyone can say will stop it till its over. Nothing but good will come of this. Some will die, like in every war. Every American who signs up for the military knows why he/she is there, to protect our people and maintain peace.
You can say war isnt peace, but war creates peace.<p>[ March 21, 2003: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]</p>
Ryencool

Post by Ryencool »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>When I see video footage of women and kids in hospitals and hear about civilians dying, I question this. <hr></blockquote><p>please point me to that information cause I Would sure like to see it. Unless your just counting the six pictures the iraq governemnt showed today while calling america a gang and comparing us to Al Capone. How ridiculous is that? and childish, I can speak better than these people, and they rule a country. B2 bombers were launched a few hours ago from england, and I guess we will be hitting htem hard tonight. Lets pray the targets we aim for will be hit and there are minimal civi casualties. And my prayers go out to familes of the 9 soilders lost in battle thus far.
92 red rs
performance exhaust
zx2 struts and Eibach springs
turboed + stand alone when the cash is there
EBUCKS

Post by EBUCKS »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> If you lived in the richest country in the world, most people were highly educated ( that is until saddam came into power), and you and your family were starving. ( you used to have a nice house but was taken away ). You close friends and family were killed by biological weapons being tested on them unwillingly. A million others just like them have already died.
<hr></blockquote><p>Is this the reason why you HATE communism, as has been a way of life in the former USSR, Cuba, China and other parts of the world? Again, who said that western civilization was the only way to fly. I agree testing biological or any type of weapon on people is insane, but that's a way of life it appears to me, over there. What do I care, I live over here where that kind of thing doesn't happen. A large number of people hive migrated to this great city of Toronto and other great cities around the world to get away from those events. They didn't use weapons on me and I didn't on them. So what am I going to war for? Yes 911 happend, but it is perceived (9/10 of what people think) that the US kept on swatting the bee hive, (if you will), and eventually got stung (a few times). <p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> You can say war isnt peace, but war creates peace. <hr></blockquote><p>Do you actually see an end in sight to this war? I don't. I see this rolling effect of after Iraq is over, if it ever will be over (it's been 10 years, and the last 17 months of intensity), there will be another war to fight in North Korea, and so on. My memory escapes me now, but isn't there another country that is ramping up on its weapons of mass destruction and chemical munitions? I just don't see an end in sight, kind of like the terror attacks that have been going on for years in such places as the middle east, Gaza strip, London, etc.
Funny thing that GB is now into the fire now. It seemed as though Tony Blair became a coward and backed out. My theory on that is when 911 happened, he rushed to the side of Big Brother, and told the world that he would help fight terrorism. He probably thought that this would take a few days to resolve. Days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months, here we are 17 months later. He probably sees the same thing that I see and stated above, that it's going to take a while. Tony Blair jumped in, IMO to get the US to help with the IRA once this was all over, although there had been no reports of bombings in 2 years. Now Tony Blair must stay along side the US in order to show that he is keeping up his drive against terrorism. Only problem is that he took a day off, and missed the boat on the first day of the fight. hmmm<p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> Unless your just counting the six pictures the iraq governemnt showed today while calling america a gang and comparing us to Al Capone. How ridiculous is that? <hr></blockquote><p>cool, you're absolutely right. My bad, I fell into the trap. But why would the media show this stuff? It further divides the group attacking. I don't get it.<p>one
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

Innocent civilians WILL die, its a part of war. Saddam is going for sympathies with the pictures, he wants to divide the U.S. citizens with the pictures, its a tactic used during the Vietnam war as well. Doesn't mean I like innocent people dieing, but, I still feel that this is necassary, as well as many from Iraq, looks like the "streets" are divided in this opinion.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 992mmx3:
Innocent civilians WILL die, its a part of war. Saddam is going for sympathies with the pictures, he wants to divide the U.S. citizens with the pictures, its a tactic used during the Vietnam war as well. Doesn't mean I like innocent people dieing, but, I still feel that this is necassary, as well as many from Iraq, looks like the "streets" are divided in this opinion.<hr></blockquote><p>If you recall back to Desert Storm, they'd show pictures of the wreckage from where we bombed military establishments, and they posted them as elementary schools, and hospitals. They will take any action to get others to support them, and hate the US. Only the ignorant believe him tho :shrug:
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

I just hope that everyone actually listened to our orders to leave baghdad, Iraqi civilians were told to leave baghdad and not go to work there if they were employed in baghdad. If not, civilian casualties will be had.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

mrspanky79

Post by mrspanky79 »

"Some will die, like in every war.Every American who signs up for the military knows why he/she is there, to protect our people and maintain peace."
Well im going to make this as short and simple as posible. When i signed up i never expected amercians to bomb and kill my friends. For people that dont know and the american that wonder why some counterys dislike them some time you sould stop and think about this for a minute and think about the lack of respect the US has for other countrys lives. Durring the build up before the war the US and Canada were train on TRAINNING GROUNDS. The Canadains had a platoon of troop in uniform well marked walking down a road with all comanders knowing it. Well along comes 2 US pilotes flying by with loaded weapons and all hoped up on DRUGS they deside to bomb them and kill all of them before radioing back for promision to do so. First of all what are they doing flying plains wile under drugs. Secound i know that if the americans did that to other americans they would be cort marsheld and put in jail probly sent to texis they have sent people there for much less. But since it was canadians they are sent back to duty and they send a metal to the family. OK so the only thing that happend was a metal was sent to the families (a place were you can get a metal for wiping your as by your self) for all those live that were taken on TRAINING GROUNDS, CLEARY MARKED AND KNOW, WHILE UNDER DRUGS AND WITH OUT PERMISION. Can you justify that. It just make me sick to think that i work and trust my life with poeple that cant even respect other friendly countrys lives. Not disrepecting american just there leaders! And know think for one minute what they think of non freindly lives when they come up with all these plans. I have yet to see Irac fight back so why do you need to send a bergaid in when a company of man can do the same job with less distrution. **** if you dont think thats anough send in a bittalion that still over kill but its 3 times smaller then 1 bergaid. But my main piont is were is the respect for the Canadian lives that were taken for no need. Do you give a drunk driver that just killed 8 people the keys back and tell him to go back on his way! Know did i sign up for that, NO.<p>[ March 21, 2003: Message edited by: mrspanky79 ]</p>
War does not determine who is right, war determine who is left!

94 mx3 GSX Stroked Turbo'd and Intercooled
99 vitara 4x4
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

Whoa whoa whoa, I remeber when that happened, I never heard drugs was part of the issue, was it? I need to read this, then I'll believe. Also, it was an accidental friendly fire situation, they were confused and thought it was the enemy. There were a whole bunch of factors playing in leading to what happened, its not like they were out to kill Canadians, making it seem like that isn't right. I'm sure if it was, something drastic would have been done since the whole world was watching. Provide some proof to your side of the story.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

EBUCKS

Post by EBUCKS »

GO PILLS!<p>one
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

Excellent link, thanks e-bucks, looks like its some sort of prescription to keep the pilots aware of there surroundings. Seems it didn't work too well. It still was an accident, but making it to seem like it was on purpose was kind of inapropriate I feel, it doesn't really need to be justified, but the pills need to be researched more.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

Ryencool

Post by Ryencool »

they had a reaction to a stay awake pill. haven't you ever heared of no dose or anyhting? mistakes happen. Now if they were on a illegal drug id be seriously miffed. Im not condoning what happened by any means. I think it would have been handled the same way regardless if it was canadians or not, just to let you know were not out to get you....
92 red rs
performance exhaust
zx2 struts and Eibach springs
turboed + stand alone when the cash is there
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Its funny that everyone who is non-American in this thread is trying to make an excuse or find a reason to make the US look bad. America Doesnt care about other peoples lives?
You need to read some american history. Remember in WWII when Berlin was over taken, and the city was pretty mych surrounded by Russian troops, yet we had the city? You guys think Americans are just overpowering. But let me tell you the story of what happened an ENTIRE YEAR. there was one road that connected East and West Berlin. The Russians had it blocked so no food could get in, and were tyrying to starve people out. THE UNITED STATES,FRANCE, and other ALLIES, flew food, coal, and supplies to this city for an entire year with planes smaller than the average business jet. Now how does that make us BAD?The united states helps more countries than any other in the world. We resolve the issues, we keep the peace. And for doing so you bash us?
watch the news, listen to wha tthe president says. he is trying to prevent civillian casualties. Unless you know all the truth, you cant bash someone if you dont know why.<p>This thing you brought up about the canadians being blown up by an american officer is another excuse of why you hate america. One man made a mistake and you r blaming the US? Wheres this nonsense about them putting them back on duty?
Read the link that was sent. He is being tried for court marshall. Court marshalling could mean prison. Please get the facts straight.<p>If America is such a bad place, why do you live here? Do you want communism? Cause if so, why has almost every country that has communism, has either failed, or in poverty? Communism doesnt work. The US is a perfect example ( as well as Canada) on how a democratic goverment works.<p>Dont come on here bashing the US. Your being VERY stereotypical. Someone mentioned before the US was going use the oil topay for the war. Thats deffinatley wrong. What the president said was he was going to use the oil money to help rebuld and create a government for the Iraqi people.
Im sorry if Im getting out of hand but I get pissed off severley when the ANTI-WAR protestors throw out every excuse in the book to try and make us look bad. Comming from that interview that was posted, answer me this<p>"How would leaving sadam in power promote peace and justice in Iraq?"<p>Why should we just let his people die and let the guy continue to do what he was told to reverse (weapons) 12 years ago. If you cant answer that question, then your remarks have no lean on the matter at hand. Yoiu cant protest the war if you cant do better.
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

Way to go Barry. These people think that this is an American war, and that we expect recognition, and wealth from it. Think of it. We're taking no money from the oil. We're going to spend billions of our own TAX money to pay to rebuild parts of Iraq, and we are spending BILLIONS of dollars to fight against this tyrant. Like I have stated before, this guy isn't bent on defeating the US. He's bent on controlling the world. You guys say that North Korea is more of a threat, but the North Korean government had pitty for lives. They're not going to bomb us if they don't have to. Saddam will bomb us just for the fun of it. He's killed thousands of his OWN troops and citizens with biological warefare, and nuclear testing. But you want us to sit and let this go on? You say that the US is trying to be the police of the world. I disagreed with this statement before, but I think I realize the truth that comes along with it. We are the police because nobody else will be. If you look at ANY group of people, without some sort of policing going on, anarchy erupts. Even in the Animal kingdom they have a "leader" to keep the rest in line. We are a group of people. We may not all me american, or canadian, or spanish, but we are all human. We need someone or something to keep us in line. That is where the US has stepped up and taken the responsability. But with responsibility comes problems. We bust our asses, and spend our money, and give our LIVES to help others, and we still get people like Ebucks that will sit there and bash us for our efforts. The sad thing is that there are a lot of people like him. We will NOT stop helping others in need, and we will NOT stop trying to MAKE peace in the world. I know you think that before the US steps in, there is peace, but killing of innocent people to test WMD's is far from peace. Saddam is a bad man, plain and simple. If you fail to see that, then you will have to be disapointed when we kill him. We WILL kill Saddam and anyone who stands in our way. We WILL destroy the regime he has created and build a democracy of IRAQI natives to rule in peace. We WILL be victorious in out enveavor, and we WILL prove all you naysayers wrong. Saddam will die and with him his dictatorship. The US is right in it's actions, and will stand tall when the dust settles. Ebucks, you will stand for peace? Then get ready to stand because we're here and we're kicking some *** . Even the Iraqi troops are surrendering by the hundreds (like they did 12 years ago) because they don't agree with Saddam and also they know they stand no chance against our troops. Our country was built on patriotism. Nothing else. I will stand proud at the end of this war. As will you. You will see that the US is a GREAT country. I have faith in that.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

ImageImage

Return to “Off-Topic”