Thefez's 92 MX3 GS (Buying a RX-8!)

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
mx3_ryder
antispam: No

Re: Thefez's 92 MX3 GS *going crazy*

Post by mx3_ryder »

Like the euro vent man!! :) What size are those tires?
Thefez
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Thefez »

205/40r17

thanks!
Thefez

Post by Thefez »

got alittle something done

AaronTietje

Post by AaronTietje »

That's purdy. Keep up the good work. :D
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

that does look rather nice.
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
Thefez

Post by Thefez »

kulluminati777 wrote:that does look rather nice.
AaronTietje wrote:That's purdy. Keep up the good work. :D
why thank you gentalmen
Thefez

Re: Thefez's 92 MX3 GS *Head case*

Post by Thefez »

SO after my KL swap like anyone that has done it the car felt like a rocket and was amazing well now its time for more power it got old after the first 2 weeks lol..

I picked up a KLG4 IM and a set of COLT 210 cams from AaronTietje, and the IM from Elli, thanks guys!!!

I wana squeez has much power outta this KL as i can without opening the bottem end for a KLG4 crank and ZE pistons.

The next phase is to put the cams in and the IM, get a KL ECU custom tuned to support the MODs and get the car dyno'ed to see what she puts down.

Befor the cam and IM go in the head heres the decision i have to make should I buy spare Milli or ZE heads and P&P them and add Interprep valve springs and send the G4 out for an extrude hone... or just slap everything in there and hope the Milli vavle springs hold the new cams without dropping a valve.

opinions? lets here them!
Thefez

Re: Thefez's 92 MX3 GS *Head case*

Post by Thefez »

So spent some time with the car today and last night.. time to do stuff on her has been limited due to wanting to finish my 66 mustang project...

So i finially fixed my dropped shifter with reappling the rubber so to speak, I aligned the rod with the bass and after sanding and making small grooves i applyed "window weld" and let it bond, so far it feels really stiff and firm so well see how long it holds up :) Also while i was at it i filled and repainted my rear trans mount going to get that on this week sometime along with painting the mazdaspeed front bumper :) I plan om filling the front trans mount with the "window weld" as well. pics up later in the week once the bumpers painted
Thefez

Re: Thefez's 92 MX3 GS *7/7/13*

Post by Thefez »

Well ive been rather busy with projects between my 66 mustang and my MX3, but i've been getting a TON! done and i feel making alot of progess..

ive started repainting the car the mazdaspeed front bumper has been renforced and primed and painted, as well as my euro side have been put into primer as well, since the car is my DD I have to paint the car in stages, not my ideal way of painting the car but sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

I also started to P&P my G4 IM i still have to do 4 more ports and work on where the TB is put on. Once the P&P work is completed, as well has a shave and paint job and my COLT's come back from the machine shop, everything is gunna be installed on the motor.

I also been contimplating to change my muffler from the borla xps pro to something like a Flowmaster super 10 or 40, something with a deeper tone, any sugestions?

I finally got my bushing nuts made for my cuzco camber plates by rocketman. I also got around to refinishing them since somewhere along the line someone decided it was a good idea to paint them black over the anodizing...
(picture in mid process of being made by rocketman, ill have final product pics up later)

also last a small minor thing finally got alround to installing my rear filled mount.

I have also made a quite large decision on deciding that im gunna remove the sunroof in my car due to its profuse leaking and I can't take it anymore!.... i blew out all four drains and it still continues to leak.. so rather then spend the $200+ that mazda would like for the new gasket.. im gunna weld or "glue" over a non sunroof roof skin and delete the sunroof, plus it will add a bunch of head roof for my taller passengers..
Surgeonasst222

Post by Surgeonasst222 »

I would pay $200 to keep a sun roof as I wish I had one and maybe you need shorter friends ;)
Mazda3 2012 - my NEW DD :mrgreen:
Mazda MX-3 RS 1992 - my project
Ford Focus SE 2010 - sold
Ford Focus SE 2003 - sold

Mazda MX-3 RS 1994 - sold :(
AaronTietje

Post by AaronTietje »

WOOT sunroof delete. :welder: :welder: :welder: :welder: :2thumbsup:
Caleb T

Post by Caleb T »

Nice looking car man, Clean work!
ZOOM-ZOOM
Thefez

Post by Thefez »

Surgeonasst222 wrote:I would pay $200 to keep a sun roof as I wish I had one and maybe you need shorter friends ;)
ya right, I really do love sunroofs but without look so much cleaner and I also like when there glass not solid like how they are.
Caleb T wrote:Nice looking car man, Clean work!
thank you, thats a big compliment.
AaronTietje wrote:WOOT sunroof delete. :welder: :welder: :welder: :welder: :2thumbsup:
yes and i might have located a car without a sunroof i might pick up in the next week or 2 so gunna pull all the parts I can save and store junk the car and trans save a good K8 I was told its a v6, and the suspension parts to clean and repaint or powdercoat them to swap on my car. Want to do as much rust proofing has I can befor winter since this car is my dd and will soon have a fresh paint job. the rest will be cut up and scrapped to recoup some money back from the car.
AaronTietje

Post by AaronTietje »

Thats a good way to do it. I have honestly built my mx3 by buying parting and scrapping the remainders.

A non moonroof v6 is a bit of a hard find tho. :shrug: If it ends up being a 4cyl 5spd, I'll buy the harness off you. :freak:
Thefez

Post by Thefez »

AaronTietje wrote:Thats a good way to do it. I have honestly built my mx3 by buying parting and scrapping the remainders.

A non moonroof v6 is a bit of a hard find tho. :shrug: If it ends up being a 4cyl 5spd, I'll buy the harness off you. :freak:
its deffinitly a v6 and its auto:/

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”