MrMazda92's '92 GS - New daily

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Re: MrMazda92's '92 GS "Tracy" E-Spec or MazdaSpeed?

Post by MrMazda92 »

UGH!

I'm undecided on what I'm going to be doing now.

Currently, I'm debating the following:

Choice 1:
Brand new MazdaSpeed bumper(CorkSport)
Brand new MazdaSpeed Mini Sides(CorkSport)

Choice 2:
Euro Bumper(7/10 condition), with GS lip(7/10 condition), with Towhook.
Euro Mini Sides(9/10 Condition) with full OEM mounting hardware.

I'm not a huge fan of mix and match, but I might possibly consider going with the MazdaSpeed bumper and Euro Mini sides...

I've got more parts than I need, and I need to downsize before I leave for basic training. It's hard enough to move out of state, but doing it with a uhaul full of car parts is just not feasible.
Last edited by MrMazda92 on September 14th, 2012, 4:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

Choice 1... choice 2 is so common here !
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

I say hold onto all of it and run the MS front for summer and the Euro for winter. I think the MS front with the Euro mini sides looks nice and clean. I almost like them better than the MS sides.

If you are looking to get rid of the Euro front let me know I might drive down and pick it up off of you. :)
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Haha White, you ARE in Europe, so I can see that! :wink:

Josh, hanging onto all of it is absolutely out of the question, much as I wish I could. I'm leaning towards that combination myself, I really never was a big fan of the MS sides... They flare down too much for my liking, but something about the matching set appealed to me a lot. Minus the spoiler of course...

That reminds me, I've got to choose between the typical GS spoiler and the Wraparound as well.

If I pick the MazdaSpeed bumper, We can talk about the Euro. Your name is on the top of the list for it. If I go with the Euro, another member is interested in the MS front.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
RobMinhas
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by RobMinhas »

I like the Euro look on most cars, the sides look really nice on lighter colours but can be hit and miss with darker ones in my opinion.

Either way, i feel like you can't go wrong.

And if you ever wanna get rid of those MS sides, I'm interested in them.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I'll remember you're interested, when I make my decision. :)

Looks like no matter what I decide, I'll be able to send the other parts to good homes, that does make me feel better.
Last edited by MrMazda92 on September 14th, 2012, 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

MrMazda92 wrote:I'll remember you're interested, when I make my decision. :)

Looks like no matter what I decide, I'll be able to send the other parts to good homes, that does make me feel better.
If you can help it, don't rush it. You might regret it later.

And take a look through the the "favourite picture of your car thread" and see which combination looks the best in which colour and such.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I won't, I promise. I've been debating which color of paint I'll choose for over 2 years now... If anything, rushing would be a POSITIVE change for me. :lol:

Good tip on that thread, I keep forgetting to go back to it. Thank you.
Last edited by MrMazda92 on September 14th, 2012, 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

You already know my decision :mrgreen: mazdaspeed!
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Decision made for the front: MazdaSpeed!!

Sides: Undecided still...

Rear: Definitely stock GS spoiler, the wraparound just isn't my thing. :shrug:

Josh, you've got a PM regarding the Euro front. I've made a list of interested parties for the sides, for when the time comes.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

dude if you debating euro minis and mazdaspeed sides...go mazdaspeed they look way more aggressive then minis...and unless you have and mx-3 you dont even notice them at all
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Honestly, I closed one of the MS sides in the door(to hold it in place) today, and the damn thing looks WAY better in person than in pictures... I still wish it was a more flush look, the seam is too visible beneath the door, it doesn't look quite OEM enough for me. :/

I'm considering it still, to keep it "pure" MazdaSpeed. Short of the wing of course... ;)
Last edited by MrMazda92 on September 14th, 2012, 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

yeah im not gonna lie the skirts dont look oem at all...i always wondered why mazdaspeed came out with these half skirts instead of a full one like the rest of the cars they tuned :shrug: maybe it was because mx-3s have oem full skirt options already. I dont know of other mazdas with that option and i guess they wanted to be different

hahaha you will soon be fully on the darkside, i thought the wing was lame for years, but after you see it enough times its cool then its on your car and your darth vader (full sithlord) :love: :love: :love:
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

That's my biggest argument against them, unfortunately. :(
If they came out THIS flush, I would throw them on in a heartbeat!
Last edited by MrMazda92 on September 14th, 2012, 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clappy

Post by Clappy »

I LOVE that car! OMG.
-----------------
Tim
09 Dodge Challenger SXT
08 G5 White
93 MX3 SE Red
94 MX3 V6 Black
95 MX3 V6 Blue/purple

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”