2006 9th Annual Mississauga Mazda MX-3 Meet

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

so, what was discussed on sat about this meet? has a date been confirmed? that cruise route looks like fun. i hope i'll be here for this because i might be working out in BC for the summer.
kevin (aka The Oven)
93 mx-3 GS KL-ZE with KL31 cams and properly chipped ecu
All mods are on my website: http://ca.geocities.com/ovendenk
MX-3.com Worklog: http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=48462
Selecta

Post by Selecta »

Well from what I have seen thus far...I would say the route is planned out (unless something comes up). We still need to pick a meet location....so that still needs to be looked at.

Dates...not a clue.
Friends are just enemies who lack the testicular fortitude to kill you.

I'm a 2min man in a 1min universe

94 GS - KLZE, Spec2 Clutch, Fidanza 9lbs FW, 2 1/4 full magnaflow exhaust. 145WHP / 147WTQ
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Meets are end-June/early-July. But I dont think it's a good idea to set a date until we have the day basically finalized.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

Also if we had to ask someone to use the area we will be in ... it just might not be available around the time we want

DEB
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

we should go for a long drive where no one is going to be left behind. its just easy to get broken up where theres lots of ppl/cars and its much more fun when were all together. its just a thought
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

In every group, there's always the possibility of people getting left hehind. Even when we drive around town, people get stuck at lights, or take wrong turns. But what we'll do is hand out detailed directions like they do in Ottawa. What I would like to add as well is an map of the route. The benefit to this cruise as compared to Ottawa is the highway system near-by. If someone get's lost, they could easilly jump on the highway to catch up or jump ahead to a meeting place. It would be a good idea to have at least one pit stop during the cruise. Probably stop *at* Port Dalhousie (#6 on the map). It's about half way, and a beautiful place to stop too.

Also, I'm sure it's safe to assume that almost everyone has a cell phone. Anyone could easilly contact any of us if someone gets lost. It wouldnt be the first time I gave someone directions over the phone cause they got lost (*wink* Flashpoint2 *wink*)
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

yea that sounds good would it be possible to get a really scenic and really fun route with as few traffic lights and city stuff as possible? that mite be hard for that type of area but it is possible i think. like sometimes a map wont help me im direction impaired just like in toronto if i wasnt following selecta i wouldnt be surprised if i ended up in the states lol and i had johns directions to follow by
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
Selecta

Post by Selecta »

looking good. So since we are pretty much set on the cruise....where are we having the meet? or did i miss reading that?

94 GS - KLZE, Spec2 Clutch, Fidanza 9lbs FW, 2 1/4 full magnaflow exhaust. 145WHP / 147WTQ
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

fieromx3 wrote:yea that sounds good would it be possible to get a really scenic and really fun route with as few traffic lights and city stuff as possible? that mite be hard for that type of area but it is possible i think. like sometimes a map wont help me im direction impaired just like in toronto if i wasnt following selecta i wouldnt be surprised if i ended up in the states lol and i had johns directions to follow by
Obviously we went to elimilate stops, it kinda ruins the drive if it's stop and go. The cruise is planned to be on side country roads. I know the scenery around NOTL and NF should be georgrous, but I dont remmeber Ridge road, but it should be really nice as well. If you look at the map that's posted on the last page, you can see the QEW that follows a good chunk of the cruise path. If you get lost, say on Ridge Rd, the obvious thing to do is head north and you'll eventially hit it. As well, the path that follows the Niagara river is the east-most road in Ontario, if you get lost, just head east and you can't miss it, cause it's impossible, otherwise you'll end up in the river ;)

What I'm thinking of providing would be 2 sheets of paper:
-The first one would include the written directions of the planned cruise route on one side, and the other, the map version, keeping in reference roads in case someone gets slightly off track.
-The second sheet would encompass more details of the Port Dalhousie and Lundy's Lane stops.

Say you got lost and wanted to jump to Port Danhousie (the #6), we could have the one side for PD, show it's location and the Martindale (exit48), Ontario (exit47) and Lake Street (exit 46) exits, like so:
This is quick. I would keep the actual cruise road highlighted, but I would also highlight the roads to get to the metting area better.

That should give everyone an easy way to get back on track
Selecta

Post by Selecta »

Mike....i likez your style 8)

Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Selecta wrote:Mike....i likez your style 8)

You know what, if we really organise this as well as it's going, and weather is nice, this should be the best meet evar!
Selecta wrote:looking good. So since we are pretty much set on the cruise....where are we having the meet? or did i miss reading that?
That was an idea. I dont think we want to do that anytime soon. I may actually take it one day if I'm bored and I'm driving back to Niagara. But twisty country roads, in the winter, in the 626, on winter tires, not really a good idea, but knowing me, I'd still probaly take it anyway :). I would like to have my sister's camera to take come pics for you guys of the path, cause this is not by all means just my decision, this needs to be organised as a group as agreed upon. I dont want anyone just to take someone's word, I want us to either agree or disagree, cause that will also reflect the opinions of the participants of this even as well.
Selecta

Post by Selecta »

That was an idea. I dont think we want to do that anytime soon. I may actually take it one day if I'm bored and I'm driving back to Niagara. But twisty country roads, in the winter, in the 626, on winter tires, not really a good idea, but knowing me, I'd still probaly take it anyway Smile. I would like to have my sister's camera to take come pics for you guys of the path, cause this is not by all means just my decision, this needs to be organised as a group as agreed upon. I dont want anyone just to take someone's word, I want us to either agree or disagree, cause that will also reflect the opinions of the participants of this even as well.
That sounds like a good idea to me, however note that serveral people are liking the wine country cruise....so unless there is another option which has similar response I don't think it's a bad idea to say as it stands we stick to the plan at hand....just a thought.

Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Here's another (basic) example on directions for the Lundy's Lane if somone got lost and wanted to head directly to it.

You can go 1 of 2 ways take the QEW to the 406 (You can see the 406 on the oter map above of Port Dalhousie), than the 406 to highway 20, which turns INTO Lundy's Lane. Or you can take the QEW, to the 420, go south on Dorchester than go east (right) on Lundy's Lane.

Duncan, I think we'll make you the official map reviser ;) Make sure the map is A-OK and easy to understand.
That sounds like a good idea to me, however note that serveral people are liking the wine country cruise....so unless there is another option which has similar response I don't think it's a bad idea to say as it stands we stick to the plan at hand....just a thought.
True, but I just want to make sure everyone is happy, especially since were taking it down towards Niagara. It may be unfortunate for overdenk, but he's the only one that's coming from far away, it will be hard to consider a change for only one person. Hey, where's John in all of this? We could use his input.
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

I can see it now.

ATTENTION ATTENTION READ ALL ABOUT IT

An accident happened last evening when the sun was setting ... an old woman driving her car flew off the road into Lake Ontario .............. the rescuers were able to get her out of her car .... when she came to, all she said over and over and over was "I tried to keep up .. I tried to keep up .....
As we found out that someone in a ZE cut her off because she was too DAMN slow. :laugh: :laugh:

DEB :oops:
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"
Selecta

Post by Selecta »

ROFL.....well hopefully that does not happen.

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”