War talk

Off-Topic Discussions
Ryencool

Re: War talk

Post by Ryencool »

how do you think war could have been avoided? first of all france would not allow any resolution that allowed the use of force, no matter what. Even when 1441 says that we are allowed to use force if not complied with and saddam has not complied to these rules for 11 years. HE claims he doesnt have chemical or biological weapons yet hes uses them on his own people? Why give more time for inspectors when there obviously not going to get the job doe becasue saddam is such a tricky character that nothing will ever be found. So how would you have proposed no war? let teh insepctors not find anyhting? let saddam have more time to develope weapons? currently were not sure if he has nukes, but we know hes trying. Why give him the time to develope these when we can get him out of command now? <p>We are thinking ahead so we can avoid a potential 9/11 type attack on any country further down in the future. Why wait for somthing like that to happen again? if that did happen you would be eating your foot when all of these countries opposed getting saddam out.<p>I think all of these countries will be eating there feet when saddam chooses to use chemical and biological weapons in this war, even though he claims he does not have them. <p>It could be compared to this. There some big guy producing drugs in your city. He then has otehr people go out and sell it. Say saddam is the big guy and terrorists are the sellers. Everyone is saying go after the terrorist and leave the big guy alone. Meanwhile he is developing even more potent and possibly leathal drugs. But techniclly he didnt seel the drugs, or in sadams case blow up the world trade center. We have to go after the big guys, we have to, and that is what we are doing
92 red rs
performance exhaust
zx2 struts and Eibach springs
turboed + stand alone when the cash is there
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by BATTOSAI:
I hope those comments to "People from other countries" doesn´t stick to me!
If you were one of the closest american allies countries to Irak, then you would feel that you can be one of the first targets, so please, I ask for a little more understanding. I also think that with a powerful special operation, Saddam could be kicked, with no war or devastation. With a pair of nukes , Spain can be taken off the face of the earth, so do you still belive that I must support this war? can you compare the terorist attacks to a nuclear attack? put yourself in my skin, everybody around me can be devasted just for a war that can be avoided!! do you think I´m safer than you?!! If we were talking about doing the war with Korea, I´ll support it for sure ( as a lot of you do) because It won´t represent a real threat to me ( Or at least I would feel safer) Northern Korea, for example, is a lot more dangerous to the world than Saddam, so why not do things in order?<p>[ March 20, 2003: Message edited by: BATTOSAI ]
<hr></blockquote><p>
Think about this for a second. You think your life may be at risk during this war. Every Americans life is at risk and have been for years now due to terrorist attacks and threats. <p>It was also mentioned that we are trying to kill their leader. Think about this. Did hitler deserve to die after what he did to the Jews? Dam right he did. Saddam, doesnt just kill his enemys, he kills his own people if they even speak out against him. Give me a gun and the opportunity, Id pull the trigger in a heartbeat, no matter how much he begged for his life. Bin Ladin, Id do the same.<p>Iraq is one of the riches countries in the world, yet 1/2 his people are starving. Combine that with his killings and thats beyond acceptance. The US invaded not because of oil, if you think that, you need to do a little researh. We have plenty of oil here in the states and tons in reserves. We dont need their oil, we want peace, and as long as there is a lunatic controlling a strarving country, killing his own people, and threatening ours... War it will be.
EBUCKS

Post by EBUCKS »

All Battosai is saying is that he doesn't feel safe where he is. <p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> The US should just send in some assasins and take out saddam. that way nobody else will get hurt.<hr></blockquote><p>For years Bin Ladden planted cells in the US and infiltrated the system, as per 9/11. Couldn't the US have done this via FBI, CIA, etc. I know time is of the essence since fear of terror attacks are on US citizens. But this way a war is waged through a coup, and there is less of a chance of innocent people dying. Seriously, when you announce war on a coward, do you think he's just going to stay there and fight? He's probably in hiding and the US won't ever know that he's dead, until they actually have his carcass in hand. They didn't catch him in 91, I really don't think they will catch him this time and they haven't caught Bin Ladden yet either. <p>one
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

all in due time. <p>We've killed 5 leaders already, and we just began yesterday.
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by BATTOSAI:
do you think I´m safer than you?!! If we were talking about doing the war with Korea, I´ll support it for sure ( as a lot of you do) because It won´t represent a real threat to me ( Or at least I would feel safer) [ March 20, 2003: Message edited by: BATTOSAI ]<hr></blockquote><p>
Wow, what a selfish post, so you think your life is more important than everyone else closer to Northern Korea? My mom is from Korea, South Korea, is her friends that still live in Korea less valuable than yours? Also, your statement should make you and others realize how much of a threat Saddam really is. By the way, E-bucks, I kind of wanted you to hear that audio clip I posted in my last post, its from someone from Iraq, you told me to hear from contacts from over in Iraq, and this clip is from a caller from my state who immigrated over there.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
BATTOSAI

Post by BATTOSAI »

992mmx3, let me apologize:<p>I don´t mean that my life is more valuable than anyone in the whole world (except some cases, just kidding!), but what I wanted to say is that I really think that the North Korean government is a more threatening enemy for the world than Irak is, and what I tried to say is that I would have seen a more heroic act to defy NK than Irak, if not, one could think that it´s all about petrol.That´s what I mean refeering on support it totally, is not that I have anything against the Korean People!( I was a Tae-kwon-do fighter!) Don´t know if you remember that NK is testing massive destruction weapons, while Irak isn´t. So who is more endangering?<p>And for the selfish quotation, I must recognize that in this case I must admit it, but we are talking about massive destruction weapons!
I hope that the Korea issue can be dealth with more diplomacy than Irak´s, so no one gets hurt!<p>And about all this talking about terrorism to the USA, I don´t think ( hope I´m wrong) that if Saddam falls, it will stop.
European Mx3 GsRT
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

Okay, I see what ya mean now. As far as you being more valuable than others, in my book, its true, hell, you're turbo charging a k8. :p I see NK as a big threat to, and hopefully they will see that the games are over and stop where they are. I fear more terrorist attacks too, but they were coming anyways, this just kind of speeds things up if anything. People just need to do there jobs as far as security issues go and hopefully everything will go well. One thing that I do appreciate about this war is that it seems to be well planned out, and its surprising to see people on the news actually change there minds when they find out were not just bombing the crap out of all of bahgdad, its planned out pretty nicely. Also, American vehicles rolling into Iraq have been commanded to take down there American flags to show this is more of a liberation than something that the U.S. needs credit for, very cool way to go at it.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

Ryencool

Post by Ryencool »

people keep on saying that were doing this to iraq for the oil. Then what if canada was doing it, or france, or germany, because of a terrorist attack on thier countries, would you say the same thing? pointing out that iraQ has lotsa of oil is ignoreing the true reason why were there...you can view it from your point of view , thinking the americans are skeamy bastards from hell. I will think that we are improving the lives of millions of people, who dont have the choice currently...<p>care to change my mind?
92 red rs
performance exhaust
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

nah, its not about oil, and France can't afford to attack Iraq, Iraq owes them $80 billion. That IS a fact. It would be easier to lift oil sanctions on Iraq, then use tons of oil and money in sending troops over seas without doing anything. If we wanted more oil from Iraq, its as simple as lifting sanctions, sadly, we'd get more support from France and other countries in doing this than freeing Iraq.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

mrspanky79

Post by mrspanky79 »

Ok i just started reading topic an wow theres lots to read and people all over the bored with this. Well i only have a couple of comments, first of all the 911 thing happpend because the US asked train and suplied Bin-ladden to fight for them in the cold war against the sovite union with the promis in return that the US will help suport there families and rebuild there county but when the sovite union fell the US pulled out and left them hanging so they are all pissed at that. Know they promissed Turky almost the same thing this time around and Truck just relised that US will not live up to there word so they said no. Know the oil thing is going around because who ever controles the oil controles the world and All of the US oil reserieves will only last 10 more years and thats streaching it. Pluss the other day he let it slip out that he is going to use the money from the oil to pay for the war. And as for going to war I think its wrong ( dont get me wrong I would be the first to fight and I would love to be in the midle of the battle but thats just me) there is alot easier and faster ways to get read of him but you have to justify spending all that money on the miltiary some how(lets face it war is going to make you money or cost you depents on how the chest game is played and won)And i dont think that someone (bush) that ran from war and went A-wall when it was his time to surve should order poeple to fight for him. I think all people that run a country should have to surved in war(on the ground in person) before they can take that place.
Also sorry for the bad spelling, its not at the top of the list in the army. Surving since i was 14. CAF Recon
War does not determine who is right, war determine who is left!

94 mx3 GSX Stroked Turbo'd and Intercooled
99 vitara 4x4
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by EBUCKS:
All Battosai is saying is that he doesn't feel safe where he is. <p> <p> Seriously, when you announce war on a coward, do you think he's just going to stay there and fight? He's probably in hiding and the US won't ever know that he's dead, until they actually have his carcass in hand. They didn't catch him in 91, I really don't think they will catch him this time and they haven't caught Bin Ladden yet either. <p>one<hr></blockquote><p>that is exactly my point. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA LOL<p>come on, I know if the US said on CNN that they were prepairing to attack ME in within 2 week, then within 48 hours, I would just sit in my house and wait for them......YAH......right.<p>Bin laddin got away
Saddam got away in 91
now they advertise when and where they are gonna attack, where they are strong and where they are the weakest, and the US thinks that they will catch him? <p>Any one else starting to see a pattern?<p>I think alot of people need to visit this website http://www.michaelmoore.com/ this guy knows how the world works.<p>[ March 20, 2003: Message edited by: curtklze ]</p>
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
Ryencool

Post by Ryencool »

first I took a look at [url=http://www.michealmoore.com,]www.michealmoore.com,[/url] and he does not know how the world works, he just has his twisted view of it. I can post a web page showing all my pro war points and it would be the same damn thing, think on your own and dont take in some crap that some guys says. He claims we are going to tear down the country in a hail of missles and kill all the iraqies and attack them. <p>We are not attacking iraqi people, just there leaders. AS has been shown on tv we are using 90% presice targeting weapons, thats 80% more than 1991. We have not missed one missle we have dropped and we have shot two out of the air protect kuwait. We are not going in to take over, and the barrage of missles is on hold till we figure out if hussain is dead or not. BEcause we dont want to tear anyhting down if hes dead, there no need. Second if we were just crusheing the city, we would have taken out the electric and water generators already as in 1991. We are not hitting these targets because we are not trying to hurt the civiliasn and dont want them to have to rebuild, how does that sound? counter that...
92 red rs
performance exhaust
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

Anyone thats a US citizen oppose the war?
Seems like most who oppse are from another country.<p>Actually, the hate is all based upon religeon. If you'll read my previous post, you'd understand. Before someone else says they oppose the war, listen to the MP3 in an earlier post.
azmtbkr81

Post by azmtbkr81 »

I just got back from Mexico today-I had the opportunity to talk with 3 or 4 Mexicans during my trip about what they thought about the situation in Iraq and this is basically what they all said:<p>They don't want the US to go to war because it will hurt their economy and livelihood. Most of the people in beach towns like Rosarito Beach rely on US tourists for their livelihood and know that tourism will be hurt if a war takes place. However, all of them thought that the US was morally justified in going after Saddam. I thought it was interesting that NONE of them had any far-fetched ideas of the war being out of revenge or for oil, or for the US to flex its muscles.<p>I didn't interject my opinions because I just wanted to hear theirs but I think that their point of view is verly logical and practical and I can respect that.
'94 Blaze Red RS<P>I may not have a lot of horsepower but I know how to use it!
BATTOSAI

Post by BATTOSAI »

Well, I gotta admit that your guys are doing pretty well! The first announcements I heard looked like it would be a total devastation of the zone, which is what mainly I didn´t support, but if the USA keep blowing the kind of objectives they are doing, disabling Saddam´s arms without extermining it´s population, I must say Congratulations Yankies!! ;)
European Mx3 GsRT

Return to “Off-Topic”