Calg_93GS's worklog (9/22/2012 - Vinyl Wrap)

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Calg_93GS
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Calg_93GS's worklog (5/09/2012 - tail lights re-finnishe

Post by Calg_93GS »

Evo_Spec wrote:finally, that wheel gap was killing me lol.
that's weird though, i have H&R springs on ZR2 struts and i have no rubbing issues or mudflap scrape at all
do you have 40's or 45's? i have 45's on those rims and there's a bit of rubbing, as for the mudflap scrape, only a really good dip do they hit
Worklog
:: DIY CAI :: DIY Ground kit + Condenser :: Euro Mini Sides :: SE Leather Seats :: Kenwood Headunit w/ Custom IPod Mount ::
:: KYB GR2 w/ H&R Springs :: Drag DR-2 17x7 :: RS Raised Spoiler :: 2x12" Polk DB1222 subs w/ 800w Clarion amp ::
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

Calg_93GS wrote:
that's weird though, i have H&R springs on ZR2 struts and i have no rubbing issues or mudflap scrape at all
do you have 40's or 45's? i have 45's on those rims and there's a bit of rubbing, as for the mudflap scrape, only a really good dip do they hit
oh right.... i forgot that your running 17's i'm running stock 205/55/R15's
gotta get those quick reflexes to dodge those dips/potholes but i can't say i've ever scraped my mudflaps so i don't know what kind of jumps your taking lol.
Calg_93GS

Post by Calg_93GS »

Evo_Spec wrote:
Calg_93GS wrote:
oh right.... i forgot that your running 17's i'm running stock 205/55/R15's
gotta get those quick reflexes to dodge those dips/potholes but i can't say i've ever scraped my mudflaps so i don't know what kind of jumps your taking lol.
take a drive down 17th, one of the worst roads in calgary, and it will never be fixed simply because it would hurt too many business's to shut down sections of the road to repair it
Worklog
:: DIY CAI :: DIY Ground kit + Condenser :: Euro Mini Sides :: SE Leather Seats :: Kenwood Headunit w/ Custom IPod Mount ::
:: KYB GR2 w/ H&R Springs :: Drag DR-2 17x7 :: RS Raised Spoiler :: 2x12" Polk DB1222 subs w/ 800w Clarion amp ::
Calg_93GS

Post by Calg_93GS »

so just found out that my car will be in the illmotion show and shine here in calgary on aug 5th, giving me just a pinch over a month to get some things done (losing a week tho because i will be in victoria bc) so heres a small list of what i plan to have accomplished before then:

front lip repaired/painted/installed
fog lights remounted
front bumper repainted
engine bay wire cleanup (looks like a god damn rats nest atm)
engine bay scrub down
valve cover/intake plenum painted (wasnt going to bother since the engine will be pulled but i figure it wouldnt hurt for the show)
full interior detail and shampoo
replace a cracked interior panel behind driver seat
cut, paint and install rsx a-spec rear diffuser

and if i have time, i'll put the headers, ypipe and exhaust on the car that have been sitting in my storage locker for the last 4-5 months lol
Worklog
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

Add painting you euro sides, mud flaps and front lip black :wink:
93 White RS- BPT Built not bought!!
Worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=78988
Calg_93GS

Post by Calg_93GS »

Tavman_1213 wrote:Add painting you euro sides, mud flaps and front lip black :wink:
Worklog
Calg_93GS

Post by Calg_93GS »

was feeling off the reg last night, so, pulled an all nighter (no work today so no worries lol) and ive started working on the engine a bit... heres a teaser of the cleanup yet to come and a pic i snapped yesterday afternoon with my front lip on

Worklog
Calg_93GS

Post by Calg_93GS »

k8 cleanliness :D (will most likely use this same colour theme when i do the swap this winter)

Worklog
Calg_93GS

Re: Calg_93GS's worklog (7/23/2012 - front lip, engine bay)

Post by Calg_93GS »

had the front bumper off, sanded, filled the front plate holes and repaired and reinforced my front lip (cracked the day after i put it on :crying: ), found some paint that matched near perfectly (rustoleum universal gloss white, go figure) and got some clear lenses from Rob. also picked up a couple parts from a parts car that diezzel had purchased for the engine (thanks again anthony!) cars coming along great, its first car show is on Aug 5th, pretty excited!

Worklog
Calg_93GS

Post by Calg_93GS »

taken at a show and shine this past weekend, was the only mx3 present tho Mi|<e did swing buy to check out the show

*** should also mention, ive been using ALOT of auto glym products lately, the car was washed and polished using nothing but auto glym products, i was a maquiars fan but i have to admit, this stuff is amazing, and the polish leaves FAR less residue then maquiars (and as you can see from the reflection, it really brings the paint back to life!)
Worklog
Calg_93GS

Post by Calg_93GS »

got some new goodies yesterday

solid lifters

chrome handles

and some new badges

also another pic from the car show, and yes... the green thing beside me is done up like the fatf eclipse... side decals and all...

and this is non mx3 related, but, cool none the less, this jeep backed up to the wall and then just drove up it lol

Worklog
Calg_93GS

Post by Calg_93GS »

so got around to installing my RSX A-Spec rear lip, and began molding the lip into the mudflaps, should have some pics of the finished product tomorrow. need to adjust the muffler tho, a little off center and a little too high, looked good without the rear lip but now its in dire need of adjustment :welder:

Worklog
kulluminati777

Re: Calg_93GS's worklog (8/22/2012 - RSX rear lip)

Post by kulluminati777 »

hmmm :confused2: :confused2: ......hhhhmmmm.......

That looks GREAT!!!!!! :love: :love: i should have molded mine to the mud flaps, when i heard the idea i thought "very dumb" but i was wrong, i may be buying a new lip and doing this in the near future great job!!!!

Where did you pick this lip up at, mine looks similar but mine is the type s rear lip. It looks similar but yours looks a tad bit of what i wanted in the beginning and it fits perfect in the corners....
Last edited by kulluminati777 on August 22nd, 2012, 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
AaronTietje
antispam: No

Post by AaronTietje »

Good idea leaving the mud flaps. :2thumbsup:
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Nice work, cannot wait to see this done!

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”