Josh's AWD Worklog

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Josh's AWD Worklog updated 11/28/11

Post by Mooneggs »

Josh wrote:Well I HAD decided on the MS spoiler and lip, but due to very recent developments I am going to use my modified wrap around. Why you may ask, well I am the proud new owner of some JDM full length sides and the wrap around will flow a lot better with the overall look I am after. The MS spoiler and lip are going on the GS as it is already white :)
"The look you are after" = Mooneggs DD... :P
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

:P

Yeah pretty much

My goal with the RS is to make it look like a concept car. It is AWD after all. I dont want to give too much away but everyone will have to hold tight until the summer to see all the little subtle body changes that I make to it. :D
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

So, it's been five months, any updates?
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

i know right MORE AWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

If you figure out an AWD or RWD swap for the GS, Let me know! :wink:
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Sorry guys life has just been crazy, Summer has been really busy and is flying by. I was supposed to have moved into a house by now with a large 2 car garage, but it is kind of straggling along. so it is looking like it may not be for two or so more months before that will happen. BUT, I have been working on a few customization's that are not on the car yet. I keep changing my mind on everything so its like all over the place (constant new ideas). I will get some updates on here by the end of AUG, I promise. finishing up my exhaust, my custom drive line, and new rear chassis mounts for the rear end, as well as I have begun modifying the rear upper strut tower mounts to make them 2" taller :) It is hard to get a lot of time when the car is like 2 hours away from where I am living right now.
Thefez

Post by Thefez »

moarrr updates now!:)
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

I will have them this weekend :) I will finally be finishing the refab of the rear frame rails :)
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Don't forget the piping of the front mount! I want pictures!
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

I took them a while back but I purged my PM's so I couldn't remember who needed them Sorry Rob.

The only side I may have fitment issues with will be the drivers, but the piping is far enough back that it should not pose any issues with the fog, but if I upgrade to a 3" from the IC to the TB like I want to from the 2.5" I may have some challenges.
RobMinhas

Re: Josh's AWD Worklog updated 09/25/12 for ROB

Post by RobMinhas »

It seems it will fit with teh USDM front bumper support and the EDM/JDM cover over it but i think the mounting brackets for EDM/JDM front bumper support that have the brackets for the fog lights won't fit with piping where you have it there.

Are you looking to put in an EDM/JDM bumper support for your JDM bumper or just keep the USDM one?
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Should not be an issue because the piping is a couple inches behind the support. I am modding the USDM support to take the EDM brackets. from all the pictures I have seen it should clear just fine. Now if there was an issue there are a couple of things that can be done fairly easy to get it to fit. The USDM support is thicker and deeper where the fog brackets would go in comparison to the EDM support. I will get it all fitted up here in the next two months so I will post more pics then. Or if I head up there this weekend I will take a fog assembly with me and take some more pics :)
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

very nice and much needed updates :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
BornSticky

Post by BornSticky »

holy crap there is a lot of work put into that car. NICE WORK!
92 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE Curve Neck, Probinator ECU, Full 2.5" exhaust with headers, cai, performance radiator, millenia alternator, 5spd, excedy stage 2 clutch, MTX 12" sub sony explod D series 600w amp, pioneer 260w deck, kyb on dropzone springs, HEI mod.
92 Mazda RX-7 (efini) FD3S urethane motor mount, Air intake, 18" Chrome rims besides that stock. SOLD!
93 Mazda MX-3 GS laguna blue full exhaust, cai, kyb shocks R.I.P. stupid jeep driver!
#5389 to join MX-3.com
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Good to see more progress Josh!

When do you think you'll be down in my area? I've still got that bumper, and maybe a few other things laying around you might be interested in!

Do you happen to know if the MS bumper will work with the American bumper support? I assume it will, just by eyeballing it... I should line it up with my other car(missing a bumper) to be sure.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”