93SOHC 93 mx-3 GSSE

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: 93SOHC 93 mx-3 GSSE

Post by fowljesse »

Good job!
Your garage reminds me of Cjthor's; He's got the Mini, and a Stella (Newer Vespa P200), GO-karts. I used to buy and sell old Italian scooters.
It looks like you got "extra special" pinstripe package :roll:
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

that pinstriping was terrible. I think it took about 2.5 hours per side! My roomate has restored a dozen or so vespa's, lambrettas, allstates, and a few honda passports. Im goin to be buying an Allstate around tax time if I can afford it with all the mx-3 upgrades i need to buy. Thanks for the props, my engine is lookin mighty sweet cant wait till its back together so everyone can see the glory!
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

almost there...tons of pics waitin to be posted. Got my headers, a bunch of gaskets, heater hose, etc. most of the acessory brackets are painted and reinstalled. water transfer pipe reinstalled/painted, regasketed. ufortunately i dropped my alternator and destroyed it and i don't think i have another laying around so i guess a trip to the scrap yard is in the works for next week. I will throw up a few progress pics in a day or two, it looks rad!
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

yay more pics! Its nearly done. I dropped my damn alternator and broke it so still need more parts. Paint turned out pretty sweet, but im not too happy with the VHT Gloss black. Good enough though. Enjoy, comment, etc...

Not pictured in progress is that I have stripped interior to do a bit of painting, sound deadening, and in order to install rear stereo wiring and battery relocation. The only thing left to do with motor/ trans is to reloom and reinstall the harnesses and fuse block, get and install alternator and belts. get and install underdrive pulley, refurbish intake manifold(port, polish exterior, re-oring the injectors, etc) and reinstall the rest of that stuff. Theres always lots of progress but theres always a ton more to do. ENJOY FOLKS
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Looking good! I'm a fan of silver.
Why are there tools in your spark plug wells?
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

at the time of the pics the valve covers werent bolted down yet so they were holding them up just incase i bumped the engine. Im gettin real close now. Thanks for the props!
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

accessories bolted on and even belts. I feel like this build is so close yet so far away.

Still left to buy:

ecu(pending)
vac lines
fuel lines
pcv grommet and pcv
cap and rotor
IM gaskets
tb gasket
cone filter
fuel filter
long-a-- battery cable
heat shrink
primary wire
fluids
front trans mount (ordered)
axels(anyone got any?)

Stuff in progress:
IM stripped of brackets lines and sensors. In the process of polishing(OMG this is gonna take 10years!)
Re-oring the injectors
cleaning the trans
replacing the axel seals
drilling out the stupid speedo sensor bolt that i broke!
paint trans
install new shifter bushings, clutch lines, etc
painting a billion brackets!!!

it seems endless but i know progress is being made, and its gonna be a work of art when its done...hope it runs too. Progress pics by the end of the weekend folks
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

got battery cable. painted trans and reinstalled mounts, diff cover, new axle seals, etc. Started relooming fuse box harness. Got the broken bolt out of the speedo mount and re tapped it. I will attempt to post a few pics after work today. Not a ton of progress, but progress. Setback for this weekend is that my valve cover looks crappy, duplicolor ceramic engine paint is kinda crappy. Gonna pop it off and wetsand it for the third time and respray it again. :x
tripleMX-3chicMS
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by tripleMX-3chicMS »

WOW... I love your SE. I wish my SE was that far along.
Your interior is beautiful. Mine has tons of sun damage.
I just found your SE pics & posts today. So i had to read them all.
Was very motivating. Thank you, De
92 GS automatic (WHITE w/ full on Zebra interior) My Morning DD
93 GS SE 5 spd manual (RASPBERRY) My Evening DD
93 GS SE 5 spd manual (RASPBERRY) Working On (pics soon)
93*4 GS SE's for parts ONLY*
Every day is a good day to be a girl.... hehehe
my feedback: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f= ... 50&start=0"
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

thanks for the props. My trans is done now too and my IM is nearly done with the initial polish. I have so many projects going at a time sometimes i get a bit lost. SE's are few and far between here in the states and I totally lucked out! Its our job to keep them alive...I do my best. I just saw a very inspiring build last night on CP (all 40 pages of it) and its got me motivated, so I hope my build does the same for people here. More pics hopefully later tonight
slayer322
antispam: No

Post by slayer322 »

looks good sir, ill be doing pretty much the same amount of body work to mine. Good luck
1996 Mazda MX-3 GS - DD / Always a project Car
ZE + Pacesetters = <3
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

a few more pics:

this polishing crap is taking forever but its delaying the rest of my build, so it must be done!

right now my arms and my compressor are tired and im almost outta rolocs! Taking a break to wrestle with some wiring, then its back to the grind :welder:
I think im gonna save up a few bills and get a bigger compressor, my 15gal is dead and the 8gal direct drive isnt cutting the mustard(or the aluminum)

comments appreciated as usual!
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Your bolts are still brown. This will not do.

I think you should paint each one a different color. That would be awesome.

If you polish your IM and front VC, and not paint them, you'll be my hero!
MX3-Life

Post by MX3-Life »

fowljesse wrote:Your bolts are still brown. This will not do.

I think you should paint each one a different color. That would be awesome.

If you polish your IM and front VC, and not paint them, you'll be my hero!
Yeah it looks awesome!! and i don't wanna be that guy... :roll: but those bolts stick out like a son of a...
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

lol guys! Yes i will be taking care of the bolt situation. I will be replacing or painting every one of em'. Im debating on what to do with the v/c at the moment. I got some vht flat black and im gonna see how that looks. I'm also debating on whether or not to shave the "V-6" logo on the IM as well. Anyone know if its just extra metal or if i need it there?

Product crap alert: Duplicolor Engine Enamel Sux bigtime! Runs, fogging, poor finish, etc. I strongly reccomend not using this. And thats coming from an authorised distributer of duplicolor products (i work at Napa, I am among other things in the paint dept)

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”