zzzoomx3's mx3

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: zzzoomx3's mx3

Post by fowljesse »

I suggest that you get a curved tip for you exhaust, and point it down (if it's hidden), so it will still be in the airflow. That way the venturi effect will still help draw it out, and relieve a little backpr4ssure.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

there's actually a lot of room between the muffler and the bumper - a lot more than the picture shows, and there is so much empty space around the outlet that there is no performance loss, due to blow back or other air issues - i'll have to take a better picture of it now that my digital is working.

as you can see in this picture the bottom of the muffler is just even with the bottom of the bumper, so its not tucked way up inside the car:

here you can get a better idea of how much space is around the outlet:

zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

here are the beginnings of the new sound system:

2 flame series 10" woofers
4 5.25 mid-bass speakers

since audiobahn is no longer in business - it was a treat to find these woofers and very hard - i went to 6 places today to find them. i will be making a complete custom fiberglass enclosure for the speakers and amps - cant wait to get started...it will be fun - i'm torn though between just painting it the same color as the car - which is so common or covering it with Carbon Fiber or having the same graphics on it that will be on the car...
tmac4t4

Post by tmac4t4 »

i think it really all depends how the finished product is going to look,,by finished i mean assembled, in the car and ready for paint...but same color as the car is always a nice clean look for sure,,
ImageImageImageImage
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

Those subs are SICK. I hope you'll mount them face down to show off the design.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

Ryan wrote:Those subs are SICK. I hope you'll mount them face down to show off the design.
of course - thats why i bought them :)

i used to have one last year and it freaking rocked, i have some pretty sick systems in the past and i was majorly impressed with the bass response these puppies put out
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

tmac4t4 wrote:i think it really all depends how the finished product is going to look,,by finished i mean assembled, in the car and ready for paint...but same color as the car is always a nice clean look for sure,,
it is - but teal green is a very bright color to have in an all black interior and i like things to stand out, but in a subtle way...if that makes sense..
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

As long as you don't rattle down the road like a retard...

:2thumbsup:

Green GS - Sold.
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
Feedback
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

lol - i'm a serious audiophile - which means i'm into the clarity of the sound, not just how loud it is - sure i like to have a concert in my car - but i want it to sound so good, as if the band were really in my car - ya know?
i've had perfect RTA's just tuning by ear - i've blown the socks off many guys who have been in the industry for most their life - so i dont mess around.
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

pics of the neon - i did the best i could with my camera since it doesnt have an 'available light' setting - which would have really been awesome - but oh well:

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Looks good, but can you see the actual 'bulb' when you're sitting regular in the front seats? I really hate it when peoples bulbs show. Its tacky.

Nice color though, I might go that route.

edit, and the little lense where the light shines on the ignition, you should take that plastic bit out and put some blue in there :) its easy to op out, poke it with a screwdriver.

Green GS - Sold.
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
Feedback
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

Ryan wrote:Looks good, but can you see the actual 'bulb' when you're sitting regular in the front seats? I really hate it when peoples bulbs show. Its tacky.

Nice color though, I might go that route.

edit, and the little lense where the light shines on the ignition, you should take that plastic bit out and put some blue in there :) its easy to op out, poke it with a screwdriver.

thanks - no you cant see the bulb - its just the angle of the camera when i took the pic - i was very careful to hide all the lights...otherwise you loose the effect...
the ignition light isnt noticeable enough to mess with - the car wasnt on when i took these pics so thats why you see it, as well as the red lights in the gauge cluster....

also - its A LOT brighter in the cockpit than the pictures show - i took some pics with my mom's camera that has an available light setting and they were perfect, but alas, i have yet to be able to get them from her.
Last edited by zzzoomx3 on June 22nd, 2008, 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve_SK

Post by Steve_SK »

Front bonnet - is it closed properly? I had a problem with closing the bonnet, then I adjusted boonet lock and it fits the fenders and bumper now. :) If yours is not open, try to adjust the lock. :wink:
MX-3 V6 1993 | Black | EU-spec | K819
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

Steve_SK wrote:Front bonnet - is it closed properly? I had a problem with closing the bonnet, then I adjusted boonet lock and it fits the fenders and bumper now. :) If yours is not open, try to adjust the lock. :wink:
thanks, its been addressed already - but been there done that, the problem wasnt just the lock - the whole support that the lock is on needs to be adjusted - but again - i'm not going to worry about the front end until i get the body kit.
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

OK!! so here we go - getting closer to the new stereo - thanks to eBay :D

i just picked up the 2 amps and currently bidding on the crossover - if i dont win this crossover - i'll get a 20 channel crossover - that will allow tons more control of the sound than this one - its just this is half the price :P

4-channel amp for the mid-bass and full range speakers:100 W x 4 @ 2 ohms

subwoofer amp: 400 w x 2 @ 2ohms

3-way crossover:

5.25 mid bass speakers for the rear deck

5.25 component setup for the front stage:flame series to match subs

dual voice coil subs - 300 watts each

i cant WAIT to get started on the trunk rack that this will all be in - here is a 'blueprint', top view - it will be made of MDF and fiberglass for that funky fresh smooth look :P
Last edited by zzzoomx3 on June 26th, 2008, 7:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”