kelowna meet July 17-21 2008

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
rece

Re: kelowna meet 2008

Post by rece »

i think that bear creek should be the first choice. and for sure tell them it is a family reunion... it is of sorts, it is an mx-3 reunion, these cars are like brothers and sisters arent they ;)
Jesse<BR>red 92 gs
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Dali »

thats right but i have the hottest sister :) i might actually have some work done to my car this year as well. about 5000.00 in parts sitting around and nothing on the car yet.
1993 White gs klze.
Mr_Shorty

Post by Mr_Shorty »

sounds like you want to bang your sister :shock: .......I might need to reconsider our friendship...
Elected Dictator

1991 Eunos Presso AWD build starting winter '10
Ruby Mica

1992 Eunos Presso special build starting ???
Ruby Mica

1992 Familia GTR AWD donor car
Black
Dali
Supporting Member

Post by Dali »

douche bag, you tried humping my car...perv
1993 White gs klze.
Darcy

Post by Darcy »

Fine with me. As long as there's a nice barrier in between the tents so I don't have to hear him snore :)
Mr_Shorty

Post by Mr_Shorty »

Has anyone heard from James, Mark or Stacy lately??
Elected Dictator

Ruby Mica

Ruby Mica

Black
rece

Post by rece »

I talked to James and let him know to look at the board, but I guess he hasn't yet. stacy is trying to sell his car, so I dont know if he plans to come, amd I will facebook Mark to see what is up.

as for cars, mine is the ugly kid that will soon become the hot one. I too have many thousands of dollars in parts that I am getting around to put on the gar this year... freshly rebuilt engine with a lot of polished and new parts, 35000km trans, strut bars, sterio, full brake upgrade/rebuild, new front glass(stupid rocks in the winter), and hope to get either r1 GTR10s or axis reverbs before kelowna
Jesse<BR>red 92 gs
Silktrain

Post by Silktrain »

Hi ya'll!

Jesse just poked me, so to speak, and got me rolling here. Me, my car, and my giant tent are in. Hopefully I can get the damage from last year fixed before then, and thats only if James and I can fix the rattly valve noise my MX3 seems to have picked up fixed. Even if we don't though, I'm still in for the BC trip.
Mark Klassen
Burnt Black '96 GS - RIP
MX-West
wyldside
Supporting Member
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by wyldside »

Hey everyone. Sorry I've been so distant lately. Anyways, here are my 2 cents. From what I saw at Fintry last year, the group site was a big empty field being scorched by blazing sun. I remember seeing that on the way in and thinking,"Good thing we didn't take a group site." I would suggest Bear Creak simply because of the trees and being very close to Kelowna. The long drive between Fintry and Kelowna got really old after a while. Ignore the thing that says you can only book 3 months in advance. That only applied for online booking. Having the meet on July 19th is fine. That's my Birthday! :D I think the meet was on Darcy's Birthday last year. But anyways, that's my info.

Mark, hopefully I can fix that nasty noise your cams are making. We'll try boosting your oil pressure a bit.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:
Mr_Shorty

Post by Mr_Shorty »

I definately agree with James about the group site at Fintry, but so you know, Monty and I are planning to go to Kelowna and check out Bear Creek and Ellison in the next few weeks. The pics of Bear Creek that we saw were not as nice as Fintry was. I think that if we decide to go with Fintry, we can either stay where we were... a little more sun but less ppl, or we can try to get over on the other side... lots more shade but lots more ppl. I'll let you guys know of our findings as soon as we get back. As for the bookings, the lady from Bear Creek told me that the only way to book the site is through Discover Camping and only as early as 3 months.

James, I'm assuming that you and Tracy are sharing 1 site, tent and car?
Elected Dictator

Ruby Mica

Ruby Mica

Black
wyldside
Supporting Member

Post by wyldside »

Mr_Shorty wrote: James, I'm assuming that you and Tracy are sharing 1 site, tent and car?
Yeah, Tracy and I share a tent. I'm sure someone else can plant a tent and stay on our site with us. I don't think we are that terribly scary to be around, are we? Maybe Taras and Kevin if they are coming.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

Dali
Supporting Member

Post by Dali »

well i just sent a blanket letter to all the registered members on the mx-west BC site except for Bailey Schaff (no email listed) and the members who know about the meet. the Alberta and Washington members registered pretty much all know about the meet and the ones that might not do not have email addy's on their member list forms.

If there are any other members that do not have registered emails or have not been added to the members list on any of the three sites, could the presidents or vice send them a email to let them know. the last couple of meets have been pretty small (still fun) to those a few year back when there would be at least 20 some cars.
1993 White gs klze.
wyldside
Supporting Member

Post by wyldside »

I can let Bailey know... but seeing as her MX-3 rolled a month ago, she won't be driving that.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

Dali
Supporting Member

Post by Dali »

ouch, that sucks. emails for jay ranson amd ryan flynn are not working either.
1993 White gs klze.
Bling Bling

Post by Bling Bling »

Hey everyone. Just had a chance to peruse the Kelowna info. Yes my car is for sale but if for any unforseen reason it doesn't sell then I would like to attend. I think the kids have forgotten about "MOOBS" and "BANANAHAMMOCKS" so i might bring them again...but not sure. Any time is good i just need the dates to schedule my work around them. I like the idea of being closer to Kelowna. That drive was aweful. And who knows, someone else might wreck their car this time around ( no digs intended Mark :wink: ). I like the quiet we had last time but I do enjoy cruising the city after hours and with the volleyball setup at the beach, it just makes sense.
Stacy Whitrick
MX-West Calgary
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1335558 UPDATED June 6,07
94 GS, Green Envy Pearl QUESTION: Does my car fit the RICE category?

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”