Kirk95gs - 1995 GS

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
se7en

Re: Kirk95gs - black 95 mx-3

Post by se7en »

Spray foam is a good idea man! Thanks for that, it will solve a problem I am having molding a center console.
1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Resin won't eat the foam?
Also... So you spray'd it on there. sand/scrape it off to the desired look, Then just lay fiberglass sheeting, then resin. Sand, then putty?

Looks pretty cool. Didn't think you would start working on it that quick. Can't wait to see the finished project.
93 MX-3 2.5 KLZE - KL101 \\ H&R Springs \\ Short Shifter \\ 17" ADR Rims \\ 205/40/R17 Namkang Tires \\ Millenia Manifold \\ Rockford Amp \\ Rockford 12" Sub \\
--- K8 was my gateway drug.
se7en

Post by se7en »

ya,I wanna know that too.... won't the resin eat the foam? also, how could you remove the foam after if you didn't want it there?
1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

This is the first time I'm trying it. I know solid art foam has been used to make kits. I have looked around on the net about using spray foam, and found a couple guys who made there own w/b kits. From what I have read it is best to use the High density stuff. It will have less air bubbles and will be stronger. I use this stuff after repairing hot tubs alot at so I am fimiliar with it. The bigest thing is to not lay/put to much foam down at once. If your building up do a layer at a time so it will harden 100% and be stronger. I will try a litte resin on some foam and let you know how I make out.
Savin

Post by Savin »

I planned to do the same thing with my T-bird. the fender rusted out and i can pull the padding out of the seat throught it. i plan to use greatstuff foam and then bondo. my brother has done his before he hasn't had any issues, well he hasen't use fiberglass either.

In any sense, it should work regardless.
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Re: Kirk95gs - 1995 GS

Post by Kirk95gs »

I did the HEI mod today. I also got a klze dinisty and just waiting on my MSD Blaster SS to come in. The bumper has its first layer of f/g on it. I will post pic's once I have it primed.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Thanks from me, too. If that works well, I'm going to use it for some aero stuff I want to do!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

Got to take the car out for a quick drive up the road and back. Was fun. car works 10000% better now that I have the timing fixed.

http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s204 ... rstrun.flv

I know I am missing a wiper blade. The g/f broke hers so I had to take it off my car and put it on hers so she could get to work.

Right after I hit 3rd I run over a bump/ice patch and the car loses traction for a sec. I can wait for summer so I can actually drive this thing around.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Feels good dont it :)
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

ohhhhh buddy!
JoshVK
Supporting Member

Post by JoshVK »

Looking Great, cant wait to see once you have it finished. I wish i had the patience to make my engine look like that..
1996 MX-3 GS - rollin' on Rota Slipstreams, (Red, Deep Tint, Black Lip)
True Straight Neck KLZE with TB relocate. Custom Cold air Intake. 2.25 Exhaust to Bosal muffler.
ACT Stage 2, Fidanza Lightweight Flywheel, Short Shifter with CorkSport Bushings and SS Clutch Line.
Suspension Techniques Springs On Zx2 Struts. SRD Control arm Bushings, Custom Sway Bar Links
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

JoshVK wrote:Looking Great, cant wait to see once you have it finished. I wish i had the patience to make my engine look like that..
Man that makes 2 of us. I never drive the car in the winter so it give me time to work on it. Also I had the motor kl motor for half a year befor I even put it in. Did everything myself, all by hand with hand tools.
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

I was playn around with my third brake light. I dont know if I'll keep it like that or not. The pic was kinda hard to take during the day. I'll take a night shot and see what it looks like.

fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

That vid made me nervous.... I'm not used to snow.
How did the spray foam turn out?
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

You know what I realy have not had a hole lot of time to do anything with it. I am planing to start this wensday. I tested abit of resin on some foam I sprayed on a 2x4. It seem to be ok, I mixed the hardener strong though so it dryed quick. I have to do a bit more work to the foam on the bumer too. There is a couple spots that have bubbles that I want to fill in a bit better. Make sure there is a good base for the f/g mold to. And I have to get some putty.

I'm going to be re-doing the stock gs bumper. I am molding the gs lip to the bumper again. So if my MS bumper comes out S***y I will just use the stock one.

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”