MX3 ZE vs ITR and GSR...Your Opinions

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
mazdaspeedmx_3

Post by mazdaspeedmx_3 »

probably his red vega with a bored out 327 and a white stripe in the middle....is it that turbo v8 fiero
2006 best ET 14.43 @ 96.9mph
93 MX-3 GS-95 Curveneck klze, kl-01 cammed,homemade CAI,HEI module, chipped kl-07 ECU,UDP,KYB GR-2 struts,DropZone lowering springs, Toyo Proxes 4's 205-50-r15
parts to be installed:Turbo hot pipes,T04E/t3 50/63 57 trim, ssqv BOV, hks style 38mm wastegate
the rest of my turbo set up and IPP hp rebuild kit is in the NEAR future
SOON TO BE MX-3ZE-T
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

no my bro has the 2.5litre 4 cylinder still its VERY slow lol
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Duncan,

Me and you need to get motors in our whips so we can race them,You better get 14's this season.

lol.sorry its of topic but i miss driving m car
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
mazdaspeedmx_3

Post by mazdaspeedmx_3 »

i'll sell you guys a K8 HAHAHAHA
93 MX-3 GS-95 Curveneck klze, kl-01 cammed,homemade CAI,HEI module, chipped kl-07 ECU,UDP,KYB GR-2 struts,DropZone lowering springs, Toyo Proxes 4's 205-50-r15
parts to be installed:Turbo hot pipes,T04E/t3 50/63 57 trim, ssqv BOV, hks style 38mm wastegate
SOON TO BE MX-3ZE-T
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

Illa Killa wrote:In your sig it says you run a 14.9 and you just said he ran 14.2s all day so there goes your answer. Those hatches are light as hell.
that is f---ing hillarious
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

PWRD_BY_HKS wrote:
Illa Killa wrote:In your sig it says you run a 14.9 and you just said he ran 14.2s all day so there goes your answer. Those hatches are light as hell.
that is f---ing hillarious
yes I ran 14.9 with stock intake exhaust and k8 ecu. Can do better for sure if I had that done at the time. I know a eg hatch with a c5 motor will take our cars. But my thread was actually talkinga bout GSR and Type R. I know a GSR stands no chance against a ZE. Type R I am still unsure about. some of the people say an RSX type s has no chance. I would love to se those for myself before I start believing anything. I have seen stock GSR's run 14.7.

This thread has just gone out of control with mazdaspeed_mx3 feeling so confient he will smoke a car thats obviousy quicker than his.

John
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

So are you ready to face that??
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

[quote="mx3autozam"][img]http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_im ... 3_full.jpg[/img]

So are you ready to face that??[/quote] If thats al it is i'll face it
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
klzemx6

Post by klzemx6 »

mazdaspeedmx_3 wrote:like really what big night and day dyfference do you think theres gonna be between a 200 hp 155 ftq h22 o4 a 195 hp 132 ftq itr in a civic hatch

me and that guy can drive...while you guys were sitting in your driver ed class me and him were out bombin around off roading in 6 wheeled tanks and every other military vehicle for the last 6 years

really i don't care what mods you have...i'm pretty confident in my ride and abilitities.....hookin up at the strip and hookin up on the street are 2 different things...civic don't hook worth sh*t on the street
and let me tell you the reasons why I'm not worried about you beating this civic with the h22 swap, first off the h22 has a much smaller useable power band than a type r motor, has long gears, almost everyone of them has an open diff!

When you have the same power with short gears, a big power band, and an lsd transmission it works well.

Oh and in response to driving tanks, who the f--- cares if you can drive a tank, we're not talking about driving tanks, we're talking about driving cars here.

oh and when you think the car won't hook up, how about this equation, go to falken tires whebsite check out the azenis rt-615, koni adjustables on skunk2 coilovers, with stiff springs in the rear, full energy suspension bushing kit, traction bars, solid motor mounts (all 5) act 6 puck clutch, heavy duty pressure plate and 8 pound flywheel, and then tell me again that the car won't hook up...hahahahaha
klzemx6

Post by klzemx6 »

oh and you say you can drive so well, what's with your sleepy reaction times then, gotta be on the ball buddy!
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Limegreen mx-3 wrote:
mx3autozam wrote:Image

So are you ready to face that??
If thats al it is i'll face it
you have a bpt..we are tlking about this guys N/A klze
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
mazdaspeedmx_3

Post by mazdaspeedmx_3 »

mazdaspeedmx_3 wrote:from my experience a ze mx3 will beat anything motor you can stick in a civic if they both had equal mods ...it just comes down to who's got more money....either way there both just little kid toys....rx-7's wheres its at 20B FC3S then bring on the hondas
this s what i originally said
SOON TO BE MX-3ZE-T
mazdaspeedmx_3

Post by mazdaspeedmx_3 »

klzemx6 wrote:ok guys, here's the post that is going to finish this, this post is all about fact nothing else. I OWN an eg hatch with a 98 spec itr motor, it runs 13.9 ALL MOTOR street tires, full interior with just i/h/e. Show me an mx3 that does that. Oh and too the guy that talks about his 14.4 and about how much more torque he has, I don't need torque, once I'm off the line at the track, I'm never under 6500-7000 rpms, wtf do I need torque for, I'm just going to kick your a-- everytime anyways, my slowest runs are faster than you.

Now you guys wanna start talking about a K20A in a eg hatch. Just doing the things you HAVE to do to make the motor fit in the car. You need a mount kit, you need an intake you need a swap header, because none of the stock pieces fit. You take this to the dyno get it tuned by a reputable shop, these motors are making 220+whp like this. Don't believe me http://www.evans-tuning.com check it out for yourself on their dyno forum. Oh and for the record guys, guess what happens when you put that kind of power into an eg hatch with an lsd 6 speed transmission. They run 12's on street tires, I've seen it myself with my own eyes, and there are all kinds of guys that are doing it, and mid to low 12's on slicks. Now I'm no hater here I love any mazdas as much as the next guy I'm all about facts, show me an allmotor, mx3 running a stock motor, some sort of KL, with I/H/E and tuning that's running 12's on street tires, it just doesn't happen, I think its time for you to give up with this whole argument, this is at you, don't know your name the guy that says he runs 14.4 and will beat a k20 powered 96-2000 hatch, oh and by the way for a little bit of weights for you.

92-95 civic hatch cx weigh under 2100 pounds, like 2085 or something like that and 96-2000 civic hatch cx weigh like 2200 pounds, that sounds a lot lighter than your mx3 which weighs around 2500!

Oh and if you're still saying it will be different on the street, get real man, and come see me next year so I can hand you your a-- and you can make me a nice list of ricer excuses!
here sll you say you have is intake headers and exhaust
SOON TO BE MX-3ZE-T
mazdaspeedmx_3

Post by mazdaspeedmx_3 »

and let me tell you the reasons why I'm not worried about you beating this civic with the h22 swap, first off the h22 has a much smaller useable power band than a type r motor, has long gears, almost everyone of them has an open diff!

When you have the same power with short gears, a big power band, and an lsd transmission it works well.

Oh and in response to driving tanks, who the f--- cares if you can drive a tank, we're not talking about driving tanks, we're talking about driving cars here.

oh and when you think the car won't hook up, how about this equation, go to falken tires whebsite check out the azenis rt-615, koni adjustables on skunk2 coilovers, with stiff springs in the rear, full energy suspension bushing kit, traction bars, solid motor mounts (all 5) act 6 puck clutch, heavy duty pressure plate and 8 pound flywheel, and then tell me again that the car won't hook up...hahahahaha

so really you started off with just a i/h/e and the parts list seems to get longer and longer...in the next couple threads its gonna be like ...yeah my car has nos and blah blah blahi can really hook up...lol
i listed off all mty mods i have 200 bucks worth of parts in my engine and cheap a-- suspension...like i origianlly said was that a ze would a beat any engine in a ciic if they both had equal mods..so whats gonna be next

my reaction times are anywhere from .50 to .85
a perfect light is a .50 you can't get any better than that
how do you figure i'm sleepin at the lights....i'm workin on gettin good launches
SOON TO BE MX-3ZE-T
klzemx6

Post by klzemx6 »

didn't cut a light all year worse than .7 and had 3 perfect .500 lights in the last two times i was there.

and all i have done to the motor is intake header and exhaust, the rest is all just to make sure it hooks up since you say it won't hook worth a s---

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”