93SOHC 93 mx-3 GSSE

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
93SOHC

Re: 93SOHC 93 mx-3 GSSE

Post by 93SOHC »

It is quite cancerous right there, but it will just be hiding more crappy welds when I repair the area, lol. Since the car is getting a repaint I'm fixin all the rust. I am super psyched about my progress. USPS is usually not too bad, but I suppose we shall see. Thanks again for "savin" me some parts, LOL!
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Painting your crossmember? I think you need a nice aluminum one ;)
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

Someday...As you can see I have much to do and a lot to spend. When I upgrade the suspension this fall I hope one will be available :wink:
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

Engine out yay! super easy! Pics very soon.
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

everytime I start some momentum there are setbacks. This time my fault, I have Bronchitis, sinus infection, and a tad bit of pneumonia. So many wasted days off that were nice. Hopefully with all my antibiotics I will be ready to sort out the wiring nightmare and move ahead. Sorry still no pics of engine removal yet.
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

Many pics as promised! I am about a week ahead of the last photo. almost all the drivers side is in primer now these should tide you over!
I feel 500lbs lighter, ahhh

EWWWW! YUCKY!!!
much better!
why mazda decided to drain the wiper cowl into the inner fender is a mystery to me???
a bit of test fitting
No more wing> I dont think the wiper looks weird, but im still debating on the wrap around or a hatch garnish. Ideas?

Hope you all enjoy. Should have gotten a bunch done this weekend but had an Austin Mini to prime and a PT Cruiser to replace a headlight assembly and fender on. I swear if my friends helped me as much as I help them(or at all, lol) my car would be half done!
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Nice work. I like seeing things get done the right way. I live vicariously that way.
I like the look of not having the spoiler, but feel like it should have the SE one.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Wrap wing on a SE would be pretty cool
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

When I was building my last mx the wrap around wing was my holy grail, but I never got one so I put my rs garnish on again and said," hey thats pretty sweet." I like the se/gs wing from some angles but from others I hate it. I may have a deal in the works to get a wraparound so maybe i will get all 3 and make a pole or something. With a whole car to prime and paint I suppose a wing is the least of my worries, lol. Thanks as always guys for your compliments and input. Hope to have it mostly primed by the end of the weekend. I have much 1993 neon pin striping to remove and another rocker to patch. I think my lip is on the way too!
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

it feels like its been ages since I updated so heres the deal. I broke up with my g/f and had to get a new place. I was able to move in with one of my long time friends who's roomate was moving out and guess what??? I now have a heated garage!!!! The bodywork is finally done(finished about 2 moths ago) and I will post tons of pics soon. We have spent the last month cleaning and organizing the garage in order to accomidate two on going projects plus a few little side ones(mx mx-3, a 74 austin mini, a vespa p200, a lambretta, 3 oldschool beach cruisers, and my super secret 4wd electric gocart project). Currently the mx is still in storage at a co-workers farm but should be towed to its new warm an toasty home by the end of this week. the motor is on its stand waiting to be torn down. Unfortunately I have been sidetracted this week due to my recent diagnosis with swine flu! I got some tamaflu running thru my blood now so I hope I will be back on track soon...pictures to follow
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

progress, progress, progress! The car is in the garage. Wiper sysem refinished and reinstalled. Manual pedal conversion is nearly done. for some reason the brackets didt line up under the dash (i thought this was a direct swap in?) but they matched up to the firewall fine. I am in the process of finishing up some custombrackets for extra support for the cages and the steering column. Slave and booster/master cleaned painted and installed. I started on the engine this week too cause I really want to get the harness back in and find out what im going to need if anything for the two switches on the clutch pedal assembly. I got it all labled and tore off and the engine is pretty well stripped down. I cleaned and painted a few brackets and started cleaning the block and heads. Got a ton of pics to upload hopefully in the next few days. damn I love progress!
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

heres some log awaited pics. these are of the mostly finished bodywork and priming. I still have a bit of work to do on the front bumper and I have to refinish another hood since my other one flew off the car and got ran over by a dumptruck when i was towing the car to my new house. theres a bunch of pics of the engine tear down which i am elbow deep in at the moment. There are sure a lot of brackets on a kl motor! I kinda wish I decided to go BPT instead some times, lol! Its pretty awesome cause I dont need to tear the heads off cause headgaskets were just done before i bought the donor car. Also all routine maintenence was done before my purchase(timing belt, tensioner, idlers, water pump, etc) The best part is I sold the shop all the parts so I know exactly whats on ther, lol! Anywho, enjoy my progress, I know I am:

Engine is nearly clean now, theres lotsa little holes to ge into! I found that the piece that covers the module was cracked in a few places, a few broke solenoids, leaky gasket, etc. I will post assembled pics ver soon, there is still much to do
Savin

Post by Savin »

YAY Progress!!!! And I have no idea why the pedals weren't being nice for you... They were just fine on my GS. Maybe 'cause the US '93s don't like Canader '94s? :P
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

maybe it has to do with the 93/94 dash difference? Regardless a peice of straight stock and a bit of drilling, bolting and welding has taken care of it. I have yet to figure out where to pull the connections from for the two sensors on the clutch pedal but I havent really examined my mx6 manual trans harness too closely yet. I cant wait for the wiring aspect of this project to be done... its the worst! Since im running headers with no cats im not even sure what to do with the 4 o2 sensors that my 96 klde setup uses... Much research to follow i guess
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

engine is partially reassembled. I have to say that its the toughest motor ive ever torn down and cleaned! it was nasty too. I have to order some valve cover gaskets and a few more bits plus make my block off plate for the egr. hopefully it will mostly be put bak togehter in like 2 weeks. I still have to figure out all the wiring and s--- too.

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”