kelowna meet July 17-21 2008

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
no brain no pain

Re: kelowna meet 2008

Post by no brain no pain »

I agree :) the 19th works for me.
Mr_Shorty

Post by Mr_Shorty »

Then it's settled. It's the 19th. Either Jen or I can try and book Bear Creek asap. I will call them tomorrow and try to get us a group booking unless I hear otherwise from anyone.

Stacy, Mark, Darcy, James: let me know if this date don't work for you!!!!!
Elected Dictator

1991 Eunos Presso AWD build starting winter '10
Ruby Mica

1992 Eunos Presso special build starting ???
Ruby Mica

1992 Familia GTR AWD donor car
Black
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Dali »

woot woot, only four months to pick a date :) now the hard part of waiting and working.
1993 White gs klze.
Darcy

Post by Darcy »

Fine with me. I will book off the weekend and tentatively the weeks before and after.
rece

Post by rece »

i mentioned it to james tonight I think he will look sometime soon. Now for the hard part... Ricks old car finally s--- the bucket, so my klze bulid will have to progress just that much quicker. time to get the engine bay cleaned and repainted to get the rest done before the meet. I will prob have a sweet engine bay, finished interior... primer/rusty/most likely not finished exterior, but we will have to see
Jesse<BR>red 92 gs
Mr_Shorty

Post by Mr_Shorty »

Alright guys and girls...I've spent this morning looking at the websites for the campgrounds and it looks like we can only book Bear Creek 3 months before we arrive (April 17th for some) The only other thing it mentions is noise 24/7. If this bothers anyone, we can also book Ellison which is on the road towards Vernon. It's about the same distance from Kelowna as Fintry, but with alot better road.

I'm assuming that everyone would still like Bear Creek. Post what dates you are going to be there for and I'll keep a list of everyone so we can book the site in April.
Elected Dictator

Ruby Mica

Ruby Mica

Black
rece

Post by rece »

I think that we want to book a group site if possible so please keep that in mind when booking, whoever is booking it
Jesse<BR>red 92 gs
no brain no pain

Post by no brain no pain »

alright so what time were people looking to leave from Alberta and for how long were people thinking of going?
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Mr_Shorty wrote:Alright guys and girls...I've spent this morning looking at the websites for the campgrounds and it looks like we can only book Bear Creek 3 months before we arrive (April 17th for some) The only other thing it mentions is noise 24/7. If this bothers anyone, we can also book Ellison which is on the road towards Vernon. It's about the same distance from Kelowna as Fintry, but with alot better road.

I'm assuming that everyone would still like Bear Creek. Post what dates you are going to be there for and I'll keep a list of everyone so we can book the site in April.
Just as a FYI guys, Ellison is realllly nice! And the road going out there is alot of fun :)
rece

Post by rece »

we will leave whenever, but the time we will go is dependant on y job search and its results.
Jesse<BR>red 92 gs
Mr_Shorty

Post by Mr_Shorty »

Just so you know, there are no group sites at Bear Creek or Ellison. Fintry is the closest place that has group sites. We can however book sites close together if we book early. That means that we need to know the exact dates that ppl will be there. Monte and I will be at whichever site on the 17th of July till Monday July 21st.

So... Everyone needs to let me know which dates they want to camp and how many vehicles/tents/ppl at each campsite so I can get the bookings done asap. I'll keep a list of who and when to book for and for how long.

I actually just got off the phone from Bear Creek in the middle of typing this and the lady told me that we can call ourselves a "Family Reunion" and get special treatment if we book as early as we can. She said that if I call on the first available day to book that I can book all the sites under my name and hopefully get us all together. So let me know soon. Thanks guys.
Elected Dictator

Ruby Mica

Ruby Mica

Black
TREVO123

Post by TREVO123 »

Ill be there if im not working.
TREVO-Under major construction, Bp coming soon! TO a mx3 near you
1993 MX-3 RS,FULL BLITZ KIT(PROTOTYPE)17"10 SPOKE RIMS,SOHC 1.6L.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2189811
Mr_Shorty

Post by Mr_Shorty »

Trevor, if you plan on camping, you need to know by April 1 and tell me if you want your own campsite or are gonig to share one. They allow two tents and two cars per site. I'll also need to know the dates you will be there for.
Elected Dictator

Ruby Mica

Ruby Mica

Black
Darcy

Post by Darcy »

Are we doing Fintry since they have the group site? I'd prefer that as it is closer to Kelowna than Ellison is. That highway can be pretty busy and slow-moving. Fintry is closer to the beach and downtown than Ellison is.

Either way, I'm in for one tent and one car.
Mr_Shorty

Post by Mr_Shorty »

Darcy, are you and Mark going to share a site again this year?? As far as the location goes, I think that I'll try to get Bear Creek with the info that the lady there told me.
Elected Dictator

Ruby Mica

Ruby Mica

Black

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”