REAL DOHC I-4 Cold Air Intake!!!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
taylor_matt

Re: REAL DOHC I-4 Cold Air Intake!!!

Post by taylor_matt »

does this air intake make the engine sound better? and i'm having a hard time finding it on ebay, any suggestions?
Egfconnor

Post by Egfconnor »

my pretty much custom intake sounds really nice, pushin the gas down in second makes it sound very deep. I overall like it alot. oh and regards to my post earlier about troubles, i guess you cant have a breather on the valve cover hose that was my dumb mistake, and i also had adjusted the throttle position sensor wrong and that fixed it all.
rekognize

Post by rekognize »

EuroXguy wrote:im about to put in my CAI..im using an integra one...as what the guy said above..what are these plates?? i thought u just take out stock intake system..put the new pipes in connect maf(do you have too??what do i need to not need it??) and bring down to the hole put filter on...or am im wrong

yes im a noob at this
What year integra? Can't find the aspec ones on ebay anymore.. any ideas?
Mx3Kid16

Post by Mx3Kid16 »

Egfconnor wrote:anyone know where to get this kit nowdays? i just did a completely custom intake to my car and well its really bad..kinda falls apart and stuff but main problem is that car idles horribly and will even kill right when you start it up if i dont keep the revs up by pushin on the gas. i have a breather on the valve cover, let the small tiny hose hang, and the big fat vacuum hose i connected to the intake, but its in front of the maf sensor..if that matters? and also i turned it into a smaller hose, im not sure if thats somehow restricting that vacuum or somethin..and also i monkeyed around with the idle screw and the throttle stop and well there all messed up and i dont know which i should be turning...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated as im running pretty rough right now!

**its a 1994 rs, 1.6l dohc for information
air leak it sounds like.. check out my home deal.. lol

i took the MAF off of a 2nd gen rx7 and one of those Spectre plastic deals from auto zone and its works great make sure you got Hose clamps;D
CF Hood, Kenwood everything, 2.25 catback exhaust, H&R Springs, F&B Strut bars

My worklog: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=68856" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good afternoon from the biggest Douch around;D
Mx3Kid16

Post by Mx3Kid16 »

I know have a stick holding up the intake tube after the maf it kept pulling my spark plug wires off and i dont know what else to do :? any suggestions?
CF Hood, Kenwood everything, 2.25 catback exhaust, H&R Springs, F&B Strut bars

My worklog: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=68856" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good afternoon from the biggest Douch around;D
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

You can Purchase the Aspec air intake from this website:

http://www.eautoworks.com/product-Aspec-19722.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As of May 29 2009.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
RobMinhas
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by RobMinhas »

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm having difficulty lining up my fender plate. Any chance anyone has better pictures of the plate installed? My AC lines are also making it a pain in the a-- to do.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

that plate is a piece of crudola. I would recommend drilling the holes so it matches up better. I ended up just NOT using the plate because it frustrated me so much. You really don't have to use it.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

If you are talking about the "airbox" plate that comes with the ebay CAI then you will probably have to manipulate it a bit to get it to fit properly. I believe it is more of a universal thing.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”