MY AWD MX-3 (56K Beware)

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
Focal

Post by Focal »

very very cool man
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

no pms... :(

We will have vids this summer, after he gets the BP in and Running right EEEK!
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

thanks guys! i hope to do very well this year. i probably am going to enter in a couple of local auto-X races this spring. i have some more fab work to do with a few things i want to change. but so far so good. i just wish it would snow again so i could see how well it does with the snow tires DAMB WASHINGTON. definatly no one expects it to be AWD. or as fast as it is. i definatly am getting ancious for my new motor setup. and i will definatly get some vids up as soon as i get some.
Legato626

Post by Legato626 »

you better get some video's i want to see how that thing does in auto x!!! :lol:
1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!
wickedmx3

Post by wickedmx3 »

My car has won well over a 100 awards, and being that it is primarily made as a show car, that is pretty good, but I a always searching and yearning for more out of that little car. All my teamates, fans of the car and companies I deal with for sponsorships, service, parts and installs ask me why?

It's because of guys like you, guys like the ones found in this forum, all the guys that have pushed the MX-3 beyond what Mazda ever imagined, beyond what Mazdaspeed ever thought and beyond what the anyone ever dreamed.

There are 3 things that made my car "the project", My wife, my best friend(he gave me the Super Street article on Corksport's KLZE MX-3 when I was thinking of doing either the MX-3 or the rare Accord Type R) and MX-3.com.

What keeps me pushing for more...guys like you. So thank you. It's an incredible and inspiring feat.

Oh and Jrors, I happen to design awards for a living, let me know when you collect the funds, there are plenty of guys here that deserve them!
kaioken

Post by kaioken »

Josh wrote:thanks guys.

rite now im swaping in a BP10 ECU and wiring harness, so i can get my MSD up and running. also i will have that nice little bennifit of a higher Red Line of 7800 rpm. seeing as my cams are supposed to make peek hp at 7200 i havent been able to utilize the nice power ban they offer yet as currently i red line at 6500. should be fun. :)
I starting to read the start of the thread and was wondering if you changed the ECU or not. I think its funny as hell when everyone who post can I make a mx-3 awd and everyone says NO... LOL

Brings back memorys when I did my first AWD swap. I took a 2G DSM motor drivetrain. The whole rear suspension, brakes, ECU motor, Gas tank and had have the driveshaft made longer, pretty much at whole dsm and stuffed it in a chrysler sebring.

Well see if my Mx-3 holds the abuse of Rally next season in G2. If she last I may end up building the car up for Open class.

I know your pain bro.

Props to you mang...
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

thanks guys, iv been on this forum for a while. i didnt even sign up untill a year after i owned my car. but the only thing i wanted to do is to do something everyone would say could never be done. it was either a FWD 12A or 13B, a RWD 20B, or a AWD platform. so i went with the one i thought would be cooler and would handle more power withought straying too far from what the car came with from the factory, and to still utilize factory parts. im still no where neer completed with the MX-3. as hopefully by the end of the month i will get my BP finnished, and the VF12 should be arriving by the end of this month or next. and that will be it for the drivetrain untill the trans goes, hopefully not for a while. then i will finally be able to start on the body. but honestly i really got tired of everyone saying it couldent be done, and in total it only cost me about 70 man houres of work all by my self, which took just over one month of nights and weekends, and about 2K USD to buy the parts needed. and countless houres searching forums and manules to find exactly what i needed. but it never would have been possable without this forum, honestly. because people on here pushing their cars to the limit inspired me to work my a-- off to get some extra cash to do something radical to my own car. i wish i hadent spent so much over the years doing little swaps like ATX to MTX, RW disk brakes, and G-series trans, Turbo the B6, Miata Cams swap, because iv dumped so much money into the car, and by going AWD i just eliminated thoes things other than the turbo B6. but then again i wouldent have learned as much as i did about everything i have, and then i wouldent have been able to help other do some of the same things. but all i can say is i should be getting a vid within the next couple of months maybe before the BP or after. but i have alot going on this summer.

to awnser the question on the ECU, i swaped the 95' harness out for a 92' and im running the BP10 ECU off of the N/A Pro LX. has a red line of 7800 and is very nice. but its going away soon for the SDS stand alone fuel management once i get my BP done.
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

Josh wrote: in total it only cost me about 70 man houres of work all by my self,
Hey I was there at 1 AM holding your exhaust so you could weld it on, then use a metal hanger to hang it :lol:

But Ya Josh is da man. Of course he has the smallest _ _ _ _ _ in the world cause his car is AWD but hey, I am still faster than him :P *for now*
jrors
Supporting Member

Post by jrors »

Sounds good wicked MX-3! :lol:
If you fall, then get back up........Luck favors the prepared

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”