Mooneggs 92 MX-3 Daily Driver IP 2013 in review

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Mooneggs - 92 mx-3 "daily driver" IP 9/1 Ksports!

Post by Mooneggs »

MrMazda92 wrote:Have you tried stock springs + KYB struts before by any chance? Also, which mounts are on the set you're selling?
Nope, as soon as I got the Intrax I got KYBs or Tokicos. Umm I can't remember where I got the mounts but they were brand new along with all new KYBs last August.
kulluminati777 wrote:how long did it take you to put on all 4 moon?
3 hours
DeadMaker wrote:Have you ever tested with the softer setup?Are they still more bounce than your older setup?
Not yet, I started at setting "18" last week, I think I'll put them at full soft this week and see if there is any difference.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Re: Mooneggs - 92 mx-3 "daily driver" IP 9/1 Ksports!

Post by MrMazda92 »

I want coilovers so badly... adjustability alone makes it worthwhile for me...
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Re: Mooneggs - 92 mx-3 "daily driver" IP 9/4 brakes + jdm go

Post by Mooneggs »

I've been busy this weekend too! I finally decided it was time to install my new brake setup on the DD. I've had all of these parts for over a year. I'm about to lose my garage as I'm moving to a smaller house without one so wanted to get a few things done while I have this luxury :welder:

I swapped out my old setup that I have had on the car since I think 04 or 05, ebay special drilled/slotted rotors and kevlar pads (or something). Anyways the new setup is: HPS front, EBC green rear, powerslot slotted rotors, painted the calipers low gloss black and flushed the old fluid and replaced with racing blue dot 4. I already had SS brake lines.

I also adjusted the rear coilvers another inch lower and the ride height now matches the front. I think I will take out one more of the adjustment pieces in the front and drop it another 1/4 inch and I still can drop the rears almost 3/4 an inch if I need to.

I also received a few JDM goodies for my MS steering wheel. First the dimpled cover pad for the middle T section as well as a Time Trap add on for the wheel... I'm not sure how practical it is when actually racing and how accurate but it might give me an idea... kind of novel regardless :mrgreen:

MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I imagine that's pretty rare :shock:

Cool find, and I like that wheel... I'm looking for a clean, stock size/shape wheel with leather grip, that doesn't scream Honduh. Any suggestions that will allow me to keep my kidneys??
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

MrMazda92 wrote:I imagine that's pretty rare :shock:

Cool find, and I like that wheel... I'm looking for a clean, stock size/shape wheel with leather grip, that doesn't scream Honduh. Any suggestions that will allow me to keep my kidneys??
Yes it is ALL incredibly rare. I think you should buy the momo wheel I've had for sale forever: http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72747 :mrgreen:
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

nothing but the finest, rarest and best for mooneggs! Love the trap timer especially.
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
bbunkerc397

Post by bbunkerc397 »

Where and how do you locate these things? Tell me your secret. Also where did you get the gauge face?
1996 MX-3 KL-ZE with Eunos 800 IM, factory side skirts,. "Owner since 2001 my 14th year"
1992 929s 20B-REW Lowered, 17" chrome Millenia rims, custom black interior. "13th Owner 9th year"
2006 Chevy HHR LT "Bought Brand New - East Side Chevy" Sold to my Dad
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

How do you like that brake setup, particularly brake pad combination?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

sometimes these things just come to me... after a while people start to look for you 8)

The brakes are great... I used the same setup for a short while on the race car and loved it. Only difference on the DD is the front pads being HPS instead of HPS Plus. As discussed in this thread (http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=78003), I think blanks would probably be good enough but I like to think that the slots are helping shave off some of the glaze on the pads when I get them super hot when racing... will I ever know if they are serving that purpose? probably not... but at least they look cool if nothing else :shrug:
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Re: Mooneggs - 92 mx-3 "daily driver" IP 9/6 MoonWax® re-spr

Post by Mooneggs »

This is the last of the big projects I wanted to get done in the garage before I move...

I washed, sanded, cleaned, prepped and primed the DD yesterday. Yes I could have probably just bought a couple extra tarps but I had the boxes... and yes there are 200 chairs stacked behind the tarps hanging up (don't ask...)

This was not my best MoonWax® job but it will have to do. I think I'm losing my touch or just getting tired of the process. It makes for one heck of a long day! After this one, I'm actually seriously considering a vinyl wrap or... dare I say... real paint! (gasp!) :shock: :o :freak:

bbunkerc397

Post by bbunkerc397 »

Hey were do you get all those boxes? :lol: Also if you chose to paint what colour you thinking of?
Last edited by bbunkerc397 on September 6th, 2011, 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1996 MX-3 KL-ZE with Eunos 800 IM, factory side skirts,. "Owner since 2001 my 14th year"
1992 929s 20B-REW Lowered, 17" chrome Millenia rims, custom black interior. "13th Owner 9th year"
2006 Chevy HHR LT "Bought Brand New - East Side Chevy" Sold to my Dad
ethand

Post by ethand »

bbunkerc397 wrote:Hey were do you get all those boxes? :lol:
I reckon he'd be needing a few for the move ;)
Mooneggs wrote:This is the last of the big projects I wanted to get done in the garage before I move...
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Seeing your car stripped down like that makes it look so decrepit :shock: Glad to see it pieced back together afterwards!

I'll take a closer look at your momo wheel when I come up there, if nobody else buys it by then. I'm VERY picky about my wheel and shift knob...
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

I AM SO JELLY of your D MS wheel. After I bought one of the last 2 MS wheels left i saw a D shape MS on ebay and was like "[DARN]IT" lol. I have not seen that center piece either nice find, what did that particular center come from? and impressive find on the MS Time Trap that might be something i am down for if you happen to come across another... :) looks good!
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Re: Mooneggs - 92 mx-3 "daily driver" IP 9/10 JDM trunk part

Post by Mooneggs »

So today I decided to go through my interior parts inventory in the mooneggs warehouse as part of my move. It was taking up alot of space and it will be nice to have full interiors back in the cars. I had 2 full trunk interiors in my basement as well as a bunch of other parts I can't mention... I also received the JDM trunk parts from a Presso that had the OEM 7 speaker DSP system. I don't have speakers yet since the stock ones are too small... it looks like it's meant for some type of component setup and should be quite nice once I get some speakers for it! It's cool everything bolted up, just to holes that had never been used in the trunk before. I don't really feel like it takes up that much more room in the trunk... I've taken comparison pictures so you can see the differences between the JDM parts and the USDM parts. And yes I did modify them to fit the CS rear beefy bar.

I also received another eunos indiglo badge that was cracked. I plan on taking it apart and figuring out how to repair the indiglo in the other one I have.

The first part of the day was spent cutting holes in the b-pillars for the b-pillar bar. I also painted them black and repainted others black (for both cars).

I also attached some mint gray colored carpet to the back seat and finally installed my mint cargo hatch cover :mrgreen: The car looks really nice all put back together! :love: I don't have pics but the rear seat/panels are the SE version and bottom SE leather seat.

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”