Rob's '95 RS -> BP is in!

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
RobMinhas
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Robs '95 RS-DD:BPT dissassembled and ready for clean/pai

Post by RobMinhas »

Evo_Spec wrote:are you keeping the pyrometer? i'd be interested if your not.
Don't think I'll be keeping it, will let you know how it turns out. You interested in the Narrowband too?
Last edited by RobMinhas on September 7th, 2012, 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Evo_Spec

Re: Robs '95 RS-DD:BPT purchased, now guess that turbo!

Post by Evo_Spec »

RobMinhas wrote:
Evo_Spec wrote:are you keeping the pyrometer? i'd be interested if your not.
Don't think I'll be keeping it, will let you know how it turns out. You interested in the Narrowband too?
i don't have a sensor for that and don't feel like installing one or else i'd just get a wideband.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Also, anyone with a pacesetter or ebay short shifter, is the part where the shift knob threads on considerably lower? I thought the shifter was grinded down but now I think it's a short shifter that just sits a lot lower.

And Shayne, narrowband just goes to the O2 sensor, or at least that's how this one was wired.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

I also got tired of having no spoiler so I've picked up some cheap paint from a hookup.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

So I did some more tearing down of the car, found something and I don't know what it is. Anyone know what its for? There was nothing attached to it?

I assume it's for grounding but I haven't a clue.
Calg_93GS

Post by Calg_93GS »

pretty good progress so far there on the tear down rob, glad to see you are bagging and labeling everything. as for that switch under the hood, me and mike came to the conclusion that it was part of an alarm system, i know some of them came with hood switches to avoid anyone popping and disconnecting the battery, it could also be a jimmy rigged switch for an under hood light
Worklog
:: DIY CAI :: DIY Ground kit + Condenser :: Euro Mini Sides :: SE Leather Seats :: Kenwood Headunit w/ Custom IPod Mount ::
:: KYB GR2 w/ H&R Springs :: Drag DR-2 17x7 :: RS Raised Spoiler :: 2x12" Polk DB1222 subs w/ 800w Clarion amp ::
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Calg_93GS wrote:pretty good progress so far there on the tear down rob, glad to see you are bagging and labeling everything. as for that switch under the hood, me and mike came to the conclusion that it was part of an alarm system, i know some of them came with hood switches to avoid anyone popping and disconnecting the battery, it could also be a jimmy rigged switch for an under hood light
I'm basically as far as I can go with my skills and tools at this point. Engine is ready to be pulled and I need to drain trans fluid that's all. Just waiting on draining the fluid in case I need to move it and park it on a hill where the car being in gear would be helpful. Just need a hoist and a stand.

That would make sense on the alarm system, I'm not sure how I could go around tearing the alarm system out or if I;m just gonna keep it on the car.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

yeah that thing's a switch, i have one for my remote starter, if someone opens the hood it'll disable the remote start or shut it off it the car's already on
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Got oil pump and trans seals as well as disty cap and rotor for the B6.

SOme more proof that this car is a car of the 90s! XTREME ahaha
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

As my garage stands right now.....Guess what happened? Mi|<e happened. In four short hours, with some help from me(mostly just handing tools and a copule of bolts under the car because I was labelling everything, he pulled the last few wires, the intake mani, starter, mounts then the engine + trans. He also in the time dissassembled almost the entire engine as well as part of the trans.
Sodium valves, definitely a GTR engine.
Trans is out, needs some work though.
Oil pan with some engine slime and sludge.
Not familiar with the flywheel but is in good shape.
ACT pressure plate and SPEC clutch.

Good day overall, mad props to Mike for helping out.

Now I start cleaning and painting.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

that's a lightweight aluminum flywheel, not sure if it's fidanza or not but yeah.
looks like you won't be needing a new clutch! that one's in great shape.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Evo_Spec wrote:that's a lightweight aluminum flywheel, not sure if it's fidanza or not but yeah.
looks like you won't be needing a new clutch! that one's in great shape.
Yeah, super happy about that, saves me some money. Flywheel is a Spec one, not sure about anything else about it though..
RobMinhas

Re: Robs '95 RS-DD:BPT removed and dissassembled, cleaning/p

Post by RobMinhas »

Block was wire wheeled and cleaned till the grime was off, then masked for paint.
Painted the block black.
Also painted the cam gear cover and the other covers(timing, water pump) after cleaning them up. Head gasket has been mostly removed and the inside of the oil pan has been completely cleaned out. Gotten most of the paint off of the oil pan, seems like it was high heat paint that was put on a dirty pan since it came off really really easy. Also tried to wire wheel the valve cover but was unable to get much off so i assume it's powder coated, not sure how to get it off so I may just spray it over or get a different valve cover(I think a 2G BP valve cover will fit on a 1G BP which is the VC I prefer, not sure about it though).
diezzel

Post by diezzel »

Geez your a busy be down there .That's looking good . Keep it up . :welder:
AaronTietje
antispam: No

Post by AaronTietje »

Looks great keep it up. :2thumbsup:
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”