Rob's '95 RS -> BP is in!

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Evo_Spec

Re: Robs '95 RS Daily driver: Got $5,000 in scholarships!!

Post by Evo_Spec »

RobMinhas wrote:Throttle response in comparison is phenomenal
told you =D
glad you got it all in, but do you have a metal strap for the filter part? there isn't one in the picture, last thing you want is the filter falling off and to start sucking in dirt
RobMinhas
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by RobMinhas »

Evo_Spec wrote:
RobMinhas wrote:Throttle response in comparison is phenomenal
told you =D
glad you got it all in, but do you have a metal strap for the filter part? there isn't one in the picture, last thing you want is the filter falling off and to start sucking in dirt
I fine tuned it a little more after this picture, I didn't realize I didn't have the clamps on for the picture haha. I do have two clamps on it right now and I'm about 80% the system is almost completely airtight.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

So, my aftermarket steering wheel is in. It's a Momo one and is just a bit smaller then the stock wheel.
Here it is:
My camera makes everything look so grey :( And yes that's an integra shift knob right there.
And thanks to Mike I have a muffler that I'm going to put on because of my distaste for my current muffler.
My other option is a "skunk" muffler that a friend is willing to give to me for free, however I'd rather put this one on I think. I've already cleaned some gunk off of it and I'm gonna do my best to shine up the tips and hopefully get it welded on friday. Anyone in Calgary know of a good place to go to get it welded on? My plan is to go to Carline Muffler but there's gotta be a cheaper place to get it done.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

you should just be able to bolt it on, is your flange broken or something?
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Evo_Spec wrote:you should just be able to bolt it on, is your flange broken or something?
Wait, I can? I swear to god the Carline Muffler guys told me that I had no bolt on component and I need to weld it on. I'm gonna go take a look right now.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

So I just ran out and checked, it seems like where the flange should be a sleeve was put on and welded over it :( Looks like cutting and welding it is, and in that case anyone got any recommendations?
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

I've had carline do 2 full systems on my mx. They do great work, and I'd go back.

If you can easily drop the exhaust by a foot or so, any good local welder should do just fine. You may be able to find someone close by on kijiji or something
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

RS_OBD'oh_2 wrote:I've had carline do 2 full systems on my mx. They do great work, and I'd go back.

If you can easily drop the exhaust by a foot or so, any good local welder should do just fine. You may be able to find someone close by on kijiji or something
I don't understand what you mean by drop the exhaust by a foot or so? Do you mean cut off a foot of piping or something?

Also, I just went over my Carline Muffler receipt for the last time it was there and I didn't look over the notes then but it says my e-brake cable hangs and that my back right strut was taking a beating. I took care of the strut a while ago but I don't know anything about the e-brake cable. Any insight?
Mi|<E

Post by Mi|<E »

Drop it a few feet by removing the existing muffler and piping from the rubber hangers and
let it rest on the ground to make it easier to work on. Don't cut anything.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Mi|<E wrote:Drop it a few feet by removing the existing muffler and piping from the rubber hangers and
let it rest on the ground to make it easier to work on. Don't cut anything.
Some of the exhaust piping goes over the control arm so I wouldn't be able to do it easily. I'm thinking I'll go to carline and get them to weld on a flange where one should be and have them cut off the old one, then I'll come home and put on the muffler myself and save some money. thoughts?
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

So I shined up my new exhaust and one of my summer wheels today:

I also found a gentleman on Kijiji selling a written off 95 GS that seems to be in tiptop condition minus the rear bumper for quite cheap. I'm gonna go take a look tomorrow, I'm thinking I'll use it as a parts car and for a car to try moon wax on, but Im wondering if a written off car can get put back on the road or note?
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Post by mikeinaus »

i think they can but you have to go threw an inspection which is hard to pass and it will have "rebuild status".

for the exhaust... if your pipes on the car are the same diameter as the muffler you can just cut off the flange and cut the pipe and clamp it together. with something like this for $10 or so at your local parts store.
Image its ghetto but it works. also if you use that exhaust repair tape under the seam it shouldnt leak.
ethand

Post by ethand »

RobMinhas wrote: Image
Is that a Chihuahua in a pink handbag at the bottom left of that pic?!?!? Bahahaha!
RobMinhas wrote: I also found a gentleman on Kijiji selling a written off 95 GS that seems to be in tiptop condition minus the rear bumper for quite cheap. I'm gonna go take a look tomorrow, I'm thinking I'll use it as a parts car and for a car to try moon wax on, but Im wondering if a written off car can get put back on the road or note?
Awesome find! That'll be fantastic to have for parts, hey! I know that in Australia, sometimes cars can be put back on the road if they were only classified as a "repairable Write Off", which I think means that the chassis wasn't affected in the damage. Or, if the Chassis is damaged, you can put a new chassis under it, I believe... You'll need to check what Canada's laws are, and I defs wouldn't count of being able to!
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

RobMinhas wrote:I also found a gentleman on Kijiji selling a written off 95 GS that seems to be in tiptop condition minus the rear bumper for quite cheap. I'm gonna go take a look tomorrow, I'm thinking I'll use it as a parts car and for a car to try moon wax on, but Im wondering if a written off car can get put back on the road or note?
like mike and ethand said, you can get them back on the road but the inspection it has to go through is pretty tough and probably not worth it.
on that note, what color is it? if it's emerald green i'd like to buy some parts off it too =D

*edit* i see which one your talking about, the silver one right? so yeah, i won't be needing parts then =P
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Evo_Spec wrote: like mike and ethand said, you can get them back on the road but the inspection it has to go through is pretty tough and probably not worth it.
on that note, what color is it? if it's emerald green i'd like to buy some parts off it too =D

*edit* i see which one your talking about, the silver one right? so yeah, i won't be needing parts then =P
Correct, however if you dig even deeper there is a guy with a green one selling it for 500 but the engine is shot, I can hook you up with an email if you're down.
ethand wrote:
Is that a Chihuahua in a pink handbag at the bottom left of that pic?!?!? Bahahaha!
RobMinhas wrote: I also found a gentleman on Kijiji selling a written off 95 GS that seems to be in tiptop condition minus the rear bumper for quite cheap. I'm gonna go take a look tomorrow, I'm thinking I'll use it as a parts car and for a car to try moon wax on, but Im wondering if a written off car can get put back on the road or note?
Awesome find! That'll be fantastic to have for parts, hey! I know that in Australia, sometimes cars can be put back on the road if they were only classified as a "repairable Write Off", which I think means that the chassis wasn't affected in the damage. Or, if the Chassis is damaged, you can put a new chassis under it, I believe... You'll need to check what Canada's laws are, and I defs wouldn't count of being able to!
ethand wrote:
I have no idea what that is hahah it's my 4 year old cousins and she does some weird stuff with her toys. Theres a couple headless barbies around here too.

And @ mikeinaus, I've considered that but it's not quite as proper as I'd want it to be, also I don't mind putting the money in there see as it isn't much.

@Ethand, it's an alright find, I'm hoping to talk him down a bit or maybe try to get some parts instead, I don't have a GS so it's only exterior parts.

I also met Tavis today, picked up some lights from him, great guy he restored my headlights for me and we spent an hour shooting the s--- and I got to see the awesome BPT he's setting up.

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”