The "Quick Question" Thread (please search first)

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Tavman_1213
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: The "Quick Question" Thread (please search first)

Post by Tavman_1213 »

Ryan,
Will a bpt gtx awd LSD drop into a g-series tranny without modification??
93 White RS- BPT Built not bought!!
Worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=78988
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

jeffs93toy wrote:Three quick questions.

1. how do i adjust the clutch pedal free play? (my pedal will "bounce" if you let off it too quick)

2. I have newer belts on the car and on cold starts the belt whines, how do i stop this?

3. I have very little heat, just flushed the fluid and very recently burped it and still no better, also if it helps when i let the car just idle for a min it will slowly start to over heat, only way to cool it back down is drive or turn the ac blower on and hit the ac switch.

Thanks for any and all help.

not sure on the #1 but #2 make sure the belts are properly tightened, and if so maybe belt dressing or something?

For #3, try replacing the thermostat.
jeffs93toy

Post by jeffs93toy »

much obliged ill give those a shot.
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Tavman_1213 wrote:Ryan,
Will a bpt gtx awd LSD drop into a g-series tranny without modification??

I do not know this, but my first instinct is no. Try one of the AWD savvy members.

jeffs93toy wrote:Three quick questions.

1. how do i adjust the clutch pedal free play? (my pedal will "bounce" if you let off it too quick)

2. I have newer belts on the car and on cold starts the belt whines, how do i stop this?

3. I have very little heat, just flushed the fluid and very recently burped it and still no better, also if it helps when i let the car just idle for a min it will slowly start to over heat, only way to cool it back down is drive or turn the ac blower on and hit the ac switch.

Thanks for any and all help.

1. http://www.mx-3.com/manuals/showimg.php ... _H-006.gif

2. adjust the tension, and if that does work get an OEM belt from Mazda.

3. Burp some more, top up the rad. It also sounds like your fan is not kicking in, any CEL? try powering the fan directly and see if it runs. Do this by jumping TFA and GND in the DIAGNOSIS box, and then turn the key to ON and the fan should run.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

I was also thinking fan. Re read the post and is try fan first. Make sure it runs properly. Especially if it drops with ac fan on.
jeffs93toy

Post by jeffs93toy »

Well the fan is a no go. Which iss weird because i just replaced to sensor for it a month ago.

Also on cold mornings if i try to drive down the road the speedo will make a whirring noise and bouce around about 5mph either way... Ive tried putting some oil on it and it still does it, any ideas.
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Its your speedometer cable. Proper fix is to disassemble (pull cable out of sheath) and re-lube it. Probable fix is simply ignoring it.

If the fan doesn't turn on with the jumper in the diag box, try appling 12v straight to the fan connector. I think the diag box bypasses the relay, but I'm not sure. You'll have to figure that out from the manual... or I could if you can't hack it. So its either the relay or the fan itself. Looked at the fuse for it?

Green GS - Sold.
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
Feedback
jeffs93toy

Post by jeffs93toy »

The fuse is fine i jumped 12v to the fan and it runs so my guess is the sensor in next to the thermostat housing has gone bad on me again.

What would be used for lube on the speedo cable? Dielctric grease?
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

I don't even know. Probably something thinner than a grease. Try google, or the manual for a suggestion.

If the sensor were effed, the fan would run all the time, not never. Its a failsafe. Try the fan relays. Shake them, they should make noise. Apply 12v to the proper legs and it should make a click.

Green GS - Sold.
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
Feedback
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Hey guys, Im changing out my steering wheel to put an aftermarket one in, however I don't have the horn wiring so I'm just gonna set it up without a horn for now. But I can't find anywhere online where the horn fuse is. Can anybody here help me out?
EDIT: I believe there would be a diagram on the box by the footwell but the cover is missing and I don't just want to guess and mess up.

FINAL EDIT: Never mind guys, i have no idea what I'm talking about here haha
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Green GS - Sold.
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
Feedback
myfirstmazda

Post by myfirstmazda »

what controls the timing advance on a sohc b6? is it all in the ecu? mine seems like it's going all over the place when I accelerate.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Can someone tell me specifically where to find my brake booster cable? On a B6 DOHC. Ryan, on another thread you told me to take it off of a manifold but I'm still a bit confused as to where it is and what it looks like. I'm looking to see if mine is defective so I can replace it ASAP.

And also, can anyone running a stock B6 DOHC tell me what kind of mileage they get out of a tank?

Thanks in advance guys.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

RobMinhas wrote:Can someone tell me specifically where to find my brake booster cable? On a B6 DOHC. Ryan, on another thread you told me to take it off of a manifold but I'm still a bit confused as to where it is and what it looks like. I'm looking to see if mine is defective so I can replace it ASAP.

And also, can anyone running a stock B6 DOHC tell me what kind of mileage they get out of a tank?

Thanks in advance guys.
i sure hope your not asking what a manifold is because well... it'd be amusing to me and i'll probably tease you about later on XD

are you asking where the brake booster hose is? or cable?
cause the red circled thing is the booster hose and the big metal swirly thing is the intake manifold =P
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Well, there are a lot of things attached to the manifold, thats my excuse haha. And I'm actually not even certain if anything is defective in that area, Riyan just told me to check it because of a problem I was having so I'm gonna check everything there. THanks a lot.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”